Author Topic: Guru Jam  (Read 5066 times)

News_Bot

Guru Jam
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:15:24 AM »
Date: 26.10.2013

The Terradome
664 North James Road
Columbus, Ohio

Here’s what to expect…
Everybody’s favorite, Catfish (AKA Zack Yankush), will be the MC for the event. Make it a point to come and say hi while he’s in The States, and go buy Season 1 and Season 2 of his Strangers in Danger TV show!

The TerraDome is a private training facility located right by the Columbus airport (CMH). Originally constructed for an airline maintenance business, its fate was altered around 2009 when FAA regulations changed such that to clean a plane, the plane had to be in the facility. Since it was constructed to receive parts for cleaning and re-machining, the business had to move, leaving this glorious flatland paradise vacant for 3 years until an ambitious crew from central Ohio (following a tip from the good people at The Flow) breathed new life into it.

The pro finals will be a ticketed event, echoing Voodoo Jam. The entire event will be webcast so that friends around the world can all be together for the event.

As more details are finalized, we’ll update this page. If you ever have any questions, you can LIKE the AMFLT page on Facebook and ask us: https://www.facebook.com/AmFlatlandCircuit

Expect Fun!

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
Re: Guru Jam
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:36:52 PM »
Deffinetly will be there!!!!

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 04:49:06 PM »
Alan young and myself have been training for this one right along with my daughter liberty we will be in the house! I haven't  competed in years! Catfish being the MC I'm throwing down in this one it being inside and all!! see everyone their

Offline flatlandpercy

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 02:24:26 PM »
SICK!

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 06:31:55 PM »
I had a great time and all the riders were sick as hell!  percy is a freakin' maniac with his unicycle trick! flipping insane how fast he spins it!

Offline flatlandpercy

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 09:23:15 PM »
Guru jam was sick!
The floor was perfect!!!
I slipped out a few times but only because I sucked.
The contest format of two runs without any qualification was really cool
because there was no pressure to have to run through everything again being
dead and the audience already having seen the tricks; it was fresh.
The event was put on very well and I was stoked on it's organization and
the comeraderyship among the riders.
The tricks were totally nuts and the level was great largely because of the awesome
contest surface.
The weather was beautiful and hot too!
I thank all the brothers and sisters of the arts who came.
I was stoked.

I didn't think I would be able to do anything because I killed my back but during
the runs, I felt nothing :)
Flatland best.  Best contest ever!
SICK TRICKS!
So much diversity.
Incredible hulks x2!!!
Dane's hand peddling!@!!!!
Meat socks!
Colorado climbers!!!
Gilliard (the original incredible hulk) getting 3-4 feet of air on his hopping tricks!
Joel (the second incredible hulk) doing scary tricks that would kill if screwed up!
Excellent climbing sensation buildings downtown Columbus.
Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrasheel mad flow in trick after trick followed by wavy arm liquid style.
Legend riders during contest doing different tricks!!!  (You know who you are)
Crazy hot dog stand guy outside building.
The poor soul who I hit on the way out and whose body parts lay stuck to me broken
bumper and cracked windshield (my apologies)
The hospitality of the legend riders in assisting the Lord with his assmar
The badly thought out black faced routine
Paula's angry face on the podium (she was pissed!)  hahahahaha
Mathias falling and raising his arms to celebrate during his fall!!!
KEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!
DOUBLE DECADE BRAKELESS!!!!!!!!!  JASON!!!
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB!!!!!!!!!!  Riding like a shaemon(sp?)
Joey boy throwing it down!
Art Thomason (NASA)'s flawless run, courtesy of NASA.
Andy Cooper clearing a section of the audience with me so we could flip flop session.
Followed by ANDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYY crazy riding close quarters like Gorilla warfare.
Dane Beardsley two wheeled around the world pivots in front of bars!!!!!
Todd Gully classic style of constantly "ejecting" then landing on his bike in different sick scenarios,
it was like a James Bond movie!!!
Jamesy boy reckless new trick after new trick after new trick during new combo!
Matt Whilhelm always sick as ever, even when riding dead from too-many-shows-syndrome!
Joe Miller sick deathtruck entrance and bar flip extras!
Todd Carter family of flatland with no footed death and straddle ronis!
Chris McLean fantastic trick with no handed hang nothing!!!!
All the crazy expert riders with new tricks!  (Don't hassel the huff(Brian Huffman))
Chad DeGroot on live television being told to juggle fruit and throwing it up into the ceiling
to make it shower down while riding flatland.
Headspins -> backslam death
Totally sick that some pros were away at Worlds (I think?) and this was opportunity to
steal points from them for my 3rd in circuit.
Good luck in worlds brothers of the arts!
I was hunchback flatlander until I got fixed by another ex-hunchbacker!  Thank you spa!  LEGEND!
KEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!! (Kevin Gallien)
I tell yuh fut!
Colorado monkeys can climb stuff real crazy!
Farting and not being able to get up because of it - the night before contest when I sat paralysed
by fart tarts in the hotel room alone.  Bathtub water stopped the fart tarts but gave me stomach pains.
Thank you OHIO!

Offline sogolsatrio

• 831 FLATLAND
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 04:12:52 AM »
I was very surprised, see the spirit Carter Cam (http://instagram.com/cartercam89) Quest bmx ...new friend from Catfish and Jean William Prevost  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Rider, Blogger, Filmer, and Photographer based in Indonesia for 831 FLATLAND.
More Hits: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 11:12:11 PM »
Percy, you rule man.

Offline Justin440

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 01:35:17 AM »
So much fun! It was my first real contest. I was nervous as hell, rode like crap, but I am aching to do it all over again. I guess Im spoiled in the sense that this was my first comp experience. I cant wait to do it all again, watching all these riders on all levels gave me so many ideas. Everybody from the novices to the pros to the music to the announcing has inspired me in one way or another.  Gearing up for the comp rekindled my flatland motivation, butthe contest itself makes me want to do nothing else but ride. Thank you to everybody involved. I feel like that teenage flatland bmxer all over again.