Author Topic: a bad thing  (Read 16341 times)

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
Re: a bad thing
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
I actually liked the forks but same for me, they cracked in 7 month or so and I'm only 5'8, 150lbs..  I went through Alot of headache trying to get warrantied to no avail.. I would have put them back on too..
 And I was telling my brother that he should start looking at new frames cause I knew that it's getting colder outside and he was going to break his abt frame soon..here we are now less than a week later and snap! In fairness he was riding this frame for more than 2 years after getting it from A fellow gf'r
I'd be lying if I said "I hate to say I told u so"..
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 03:15:50 AM »
booyah!  ^_^ ;D

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 04:42:34 AM »
HOLY sh*t KEN!

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 09:01:59 AM »
dont u know u have to prewarm those frames if its cold out!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

katobmx

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
booyah!  ^_^ ;D

sucks that you lost all those stickers dude. I'm sorry

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 10:58:35 PM »
haha!  it's all good.. that's the price of being hardcore :mellow:

Offline das-owal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 05:55:09 PM »

after a normal use of the bike (with normal and regular bails as we can see on that video when the peg hits on the ground again and again), the cap will settle in the peg and litterally these two parts will make one piece : the thread of the cap will slide gradually on the thread of the peg and it will be impossible to unscrew the cap from the peg with your allen key. Probably because that's a soft 6061 T6 aluminium body..
Then, the three solutions for that unavoidable problem for a real user of a flatland bike (who is not sponsored and able to change often his pegs) are :
. drill perpendicularly the body of the peg in order to put an iron bar (or something similar) on it to get a lever,
. or you drill the cap in order to fit directly a socket inside the peg (then you get a big hole and no more rounded cap),
. or you cut the peg at the end in order to fit directly a socket inside the peg (then you get a big hole, short pegs and no more rounded caps).

[/quote]Like in every case when you have a thread you should use some grease bevore tigthening it... I rode my AbT Pegs for two years and still have them here. They have other problems - yes - but you dont have to cut them of if you installed them properly!
... or maybe they are just little kids bikes and we should grow up!        Paul Osika