Author Topic: Rubena xDOMx Tires - Official Info  (Read 7966 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Rubena xDOMx Tires - Official Info
« on: July 04, 2013, 01:29:46 PM »

A while ago we already mentioned Dom's signature tires. Back then the information we had were kind of semi official and now Dominik came up with a press release and all the details. The tires will be produced in two versions. “Elite” with foldable Kevlar construction and an overall weight of 280g. The “Economy” has a non-foldable construction, overall weight of 460g and lower price. All tires are made in Czech Republic.

You can find the whole press release and details on the differrent versions in the parts section.

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
Re: Rubena xDOMx Tires - Official Info
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 02:18:49 PM »

and delivered with amazing jumps/kickflips!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! WTF !!!!!!!!!!!  ??? ??? ???
woOOOOOOOw!!!!!!

Dominik Nekolny - Rubena Promo on Vimeo

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 10:55:54 PM »
The only "negative" point I see is that they choose 1.6 size, I know its a "signature" tire but most riders aren't familiar with that size... the only other tire you can compare it to is the Tioga Powerblock 1.6 and not many riders have tried it or use it (it's officially a race tire...).
A 1.75 option would guarantee more sales for sure.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 02:45:24 AM »
Agreed, he'll have years of spares for sure..

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 05:35:06 AM »
Actually, You guys are both wrong  :P A 1.6 tire today is a TRUE 1.75 tire like used back in the day like GT and Haro Freestyle tires  :beer:

Primo and KHE released a 1.6 tire that were both labeled incorrectly as a 1.75, but people loved them for there stability and hated them for their easy wear  ???

They are way more stable to ride because the side wall height is reduced  :D

I think they will sell off shelves! :beer:

But, if he really wants to make some cash he could always make a 22" tire for the thousands of Bmxers waiting for a quality tire and rim  O0

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 10:41:57 AM »
I really want to try the tioga os20 system.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 03:59:53 PM »
I really want to try the tioga os20 system.

Maybe for a vert rider since ramps are getting bigger, but for flatland I can't see a real benefit in using a bigger wheel  ???

Great idea for the racers though  :beer:

Offline Theory

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 04:38:13 PM »
I started testing one of these tires when Dom gave me one at Texas Toast last year. I loved it. It worked great on indoor riding surfaces and held up just fine. I didn't slide out and didn't get any flats or sidewall failures. I rode it outside on smoother asphalt and could see it wearing down more quickly than the indoor spots which is to be expected with any tire. Its a thinner tire which will inherently wear as a thinner tire does and it feels great. I have one more, however I moved to a new town and the only spot I have found so far is a gritty asphalt location that makes quick work of Odyssey tires. I'm saving the Dom for when I find a less grittier location.

Offline efxman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 06:16:26 PM »
I run the tioga power blocks 1.75's on my 24" cruiser.  Awesome tires and a lot less money than other tires, they would make great flatland tires.  If Dom's are like those than he has come up with a great tire.

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 09:41:13 PM »
anyone rode these properly yet? how do they compare to a frequency or a khe??

Phatman

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 09:48:15 PM »
I have enough trouble with 1.75"!! I am going to try out the 1.85" Frequency G K-Lytes & if they're to small too i will be on the look out for a 1.95"-2.0" Tyre, which unfortunately means i will be running a Street Tyre & even with a Kevlar Folding Bead the Tyre will be A LOT thicker for grinding protection etc! I think Ares offer the A-Class Tyre in 1.9" but i have heard they wear out quite quickly.. I'd love to see a 2.0" Legit Flatland Spec'd Tyre!! SOMEONE make one!!

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 10:02:44 PM »
na im a strictly 1.75 frequency kid, but im hankering to try this, my spot is super rough and a frequency lasts about 5 weeks

Phatman

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 10:09:34 PM »
5 Weeks! Fuuuuuuuck!! I'm hoping to ride on my Village "Sports & Social Club" 's newly refurbished Tennis, Football & Basketball Multi-Court! It's outdoors so i might take a broom with me as its literally 5 minutes from my house. I'll report back on how it rides & maybe we can get a few UK Peepages to come for a session!

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 10:18:23 PM »
I have enough trouble with 1.75"!! I am going to try out the 1.85" Frequency G K-Lytes & if they're to small too i will be on the look out for a 1.95"-2.0" Tyre, which unfortunately means i will be running a Street Tyre & even with a Kevlar Folding Bead the Tyre will be A LOT thicker for grinding protection etc! I think Ares offer the A-Class Tyre in 1.9" but i have heard they wear out quite quickly.. I'd love to see a 2.0" Legit Flatland Spec'd Tyre!! SOMEONE make one!!

I'm using the Fit FAF-K 1.95s right now and they're actually only 1.89" inflated and weigh 13.6 oz.

I'm not sold on the them for scuffing yet, but rolling they seem really nice and fast.

They're actually .2 oz lighter each and rated for 10psi more than my 1.75 Freq-G Klites.

All around the Freq-G's are hard to beat, but I wanted to try something new and wider without doubling the weight.

These Dom's sound really interesting though.  If I go thinner again I may try a set.

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 12:59:08 PM »

I would be interested in these when my stock of suelos run out  B)

I had KHE mac 1's on 1st flat bike and i could not ride them they were suuuuper fast but i really like them now (i was running them on my street bike for a year) i think i've been running suelo tyres for the last year or so and i'm enjoying them

Topsey i have some brand spanking new KHE Mac 2's if your looking i brought them for my street bike but it didn't feel right to go from my flat to street bike so i went to KHE mac 1.5's for the last 6 months but i'm thinking of going back to my khe mac 1's i find flat tricks easier (obviously) but also grinds i found that the tyre rubbed less and made grinds quicker :beer: