Author Topic: Zero or minimal offset bars  (Read 2387 times)

Offline locky

• Backpacker
Zero or minimal offset bars
« on: September 08, 2013, 01:12:33 PM »
Soooo i ride some bayou bars. This weekend i messed around and put some super old mcneil silencer bars on. From my trail riding days. I like the extra width but hated 12 backsweep. Of course.

So im yet to try these minimal offset bars.
I see theres a bunch at 6 degrees and some at 3 backsweep.

Not sure weather to get some to try or not.
Any thoughts. Do they make certain tricks easier.
I found whiplashes were smoother for me for some reason. But anything spinning with a 12 defree backsweep bar was all f*cked up. Makes me wonder if 6 defree will make spinning slightly f*cked up.

Hmmmm

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Zero or minimal offset bars
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 04:17:49 AM »
Seriously bro, you gotta get the 6/3 sweep bars. I know what you mean switching from Bayou's to 12 degree--cool feeling on some things while other tricks felt gross. I ended up ordering 0 sweep bars and rode 0 for like 4 years after that. Now get this: just this summer I bought the 8.5" Intrikat bars and have been super happy with them. I can't imagine myself ever going back to 0. Whiplashes, tailwhips (working on em), and all of my other front and back wheel tricks feel better than ever.

All in all, I say go for it. You won't regret the in-between feel of the 6 degree back sweep.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 04:39:58 AM »
Its a toss between 3 and 6 now.
Wish i had a local scene so i could just handle a pair and just feel them out before buying anything.
I ride alot more backwheel. I do ride front but not to seriously.
Backwheel 12 degree killed my wrists.
Im tossing between the intrikats or the quamen barkleys.

Phatman

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 04:02:18 PM »
I myself much like you & the other guy that has posted in here used to ride nothing but 0 Back Bars.. I used to run 0 Up Bars too & until i started experimenting with Upsweep on my Street Bike i was not aware of what i was missing! I will never go below 3 Up again! As for Backsweep, I haven't been riding for a while i had a Streetland Bike & i was running Intrikat Bars, the 6 Backsweep is really great! It's good on your wrists too even if you ignore the riding benefits! Obviously it is quite the difference from 0 your hands are in a different position but i feel it helps give you a little Whip/Pressure/Pump I'm not sure how to explain it haha but it gives you a little edge during certain tricks! :) I agree with Metal, Deffo get the 6 Back!

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »
I myself much like you & the other guy that has posted in here used to ride nothing but 0 Back Bars.. I used to run 0 Up Bars too & until i started experimenting with Upsweep on my Street Bike i was not aware of what i was missing! I will never go below 3 Up again! As for Backsweep, I haven't been riding for a while i had a Streetland Bike & i was running Intrikat Bars, the 6 Backsweep is really great! It's good on your wrists too even if you ignore the riding benefits! Obviously it is quite the difference from 0 your hands are in a different position but i feel it helps give you a little Whip/Pressure/Pump I'm not sure how to explain it haha but it gives you a little edge during certain tricks! :) I agree with Metal, Deffo get the 6 Back!

Oh yeah Topsey, you and I both are believers in the Intrikats! Well said bro

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 08:13:18 PM »
Yeah 12 degree i knew would stupid to try. But yeah the backsweep gives some whip.
I might try the 6 next payday.

Thanks for the input boys

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 09:02:23 PM »
Backsweep for sure!
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »
Got my intrikat bars today.
Surprised how heavy they are.

Had my tool box stolen so i actually cant get thiese on my bike for a while.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »
Got my intrikat bars today.
Surprised how heavy they are.

Had my tool box stolen so i actually cant get thiese on my bike for a while.

without a doubt they will weigh more than your Bayou bars. larger size and all straight gauge tubing (although slim crossbar is lighter).