Yes
11 (55%)
No
7 (35%)
Sometimes
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: July 29, 2013, 06:40:37 PM

Author Topic: Got Brakes?  (Read 9022 times)

Offline Joshua S.

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
    • Modern Bikes BMX
Re: Got Brakes?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 12:50:18 AM »
I would say include them, even though only a small number of flatlanders ride back brakes these days.

Do you guys really have problems tearing out removeable back brake mounts? Wow.  All my bikes so far have had welded mounts until the Intrikat I just bought.  On what frames?  Sound like they need to make the seat stays with thicker tubing around where the mounts screw in...

Thanks for the suggestion.
I've never seen it happen either. Could be they were brazed on instead of welded???

I would like to see photos or names of people that have them ripped out... to get a better idea...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:52:02 AM by Joshua S. »
Modern Bikes is all about YOU the rider:
www.modernbikesbmx.com

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 01:33:15 AM »
mine came out on the Suelo Simple just stoping on a hill. one ripped out on a st martin I saw learning decades and also one at the skatepark doing fufanus
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »
Mine was the Mankind Alive frame 2nd Gen  ??? I bought it because of the ht and st angles minus the crappy useless rear end and short stand over height ::)

After countless backward decades the mounts finally gave out and I returned to my roots  :beer: