Author Topic: What kind of shoes are best?  (Read 23585 times)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: What kind of shoes are best?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 04:42:03 AM »
Been riding in Nike air force 1 and love them

I was checking those out at the Nike outlet in Leesburg and almost bought a pair of mid tops. They were super stiff but the sole was less than desirable. Do they scuff well?

Offline fer40

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 04:59:14 AM »
DC Versaflex the best ,I can ride for long time and pegs don't hurt anymore

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »
TJ - the stiff sole is what I like about them. They are thick and take about a week to wear in, but they are fine for scuffing once you get them worn it. They have lasted longer than any other shoe I've used. A little expensive, but I've managed to find them on sale at a few places. The thick sole fees strange at first but I've gotten used to them. Worth a try.
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 05:32:57 AM »
TJ - the stiff sole is what I like about them. They are thick and take about a week to wear in, but they are fine for scuffing once you get them worn it. They have lasted longer than any other shoe I've used. A little expensive, but I've managed to find them on sale at a few places. The thick sole fees strange at first but I've gotten used to them. Worth a try.

I'm actually going to try and do some kind of insert for shoes with Sunny Singh soon. We're going to experiment with different types of materials to see which we can get thin but still retain a lot of resilience to bending. Most shoes just blow, but I really might try AF1s soon in the meantime. I have one more pair of adidas that are going to be alright, but after that I have to go digging for new options.

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 03:09:35 AM »

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 03:10:57 AM »

Offline Flatland318

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »
This is more of a joke than any thing, but has any one tried riding in heelys? lol....I mean sounds wack as s***, But I could see a possibility of some interesting tricks comming out of it. Along with some horrible accidents. ;D
It aint nothin' but a G thang baby, Def Row is tha record dat pays me.

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 04:32:54 PM »
I know most of the Chicago crew up here swears by the DVS enduro heir, but they're discontinued now.  I didnt like them because of the stiff sole (felt too stiff to scuff), but 4-5 guys up here swear by them.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 07:46:22 PM »
Dc Spartans, Ken Block sig.

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 02:38:31 PM »
Whatever Vans i can get on sale. Most take 4-5 months to REALY wear out. sometimes a just 1 month! And they are also reallyyy thin but for now they get the job done

Offline DBZ

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 05:03:57 AM »
I'm actually going to try and do some kind of insert for shoes with Sunny Singh soon. We're going to experiment with different types of materials to see which we can get thin but still retain a lot of resilience to bending. Most shoes just blow, but I really might try AF1s soon in the meantime. I have one more pair of adidas that are going to be alright, but after that I have to go digging for new options.

I am intrigued. I've used Superfeet work insoles in Lotek Shreddies for brakeless street riding and they've worked pretty well: a hugely underrated shoe from a very hit-and-miss company. I also have big feet (12) and find it really limits your options. Thinking about trying Puma Clydes next.

F Y T W

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 09:45:17 PM »
Still searching for the perfect shoe to ride in. Half cabs with an extra insole kinder comes close..
The waffle sole grip is their strong point.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:51:38 PM by FlatismŽ »
Flat-ism

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 01:00:06 AM »

I am intrigued. I've used Superfeet work insoles in Lotek Shreddies for brakeless street riding and they've worked pretty well: a hugely underrated shoe from a very hit-and-miss company. I also have big feet (12) and find it really limits your options. Thinking about trying Puma Clydes next.

They're super super super flexible. I'd stay away from them. I had powerstep insoles for a while to stiffen things up but they absolutely killed my feet.

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 01:45:09 AM »
I dont understand how you guys can love stiff soles so much.
I guess they are probably easier on your feet but I dont think you dont get much feel. 

I love my collection of Vans Owens Hi 2's and now they have been discontinued im using Half Cabs.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 08:53:05 AM »
Depends on the peg size one runs too.
I prefer some feel, over shoes that feel like the boxes they came in.
Flat-ism