Author Topic: RIMS??  (Read 8824 times)

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
Re: RIMS??
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 05:58:24 PM »
hazzard lites since I got back on the horse in 2006.  hoffman generators btwn 97-03 and peregrine superpros from 87-97.  anything before that were scattered race rims (araya 7x, skyway/peregrine mags, z rims...lol)

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 06:05:41 PM »
hazzard lites since I got back on the horse in 2006.  hoffman generators btwn 97-03 and peregrine superpros from 87-97.  anything before that were scattered race rims (araya 7x, skyway/peregrine mags, z rims...lol)

z-rims lol...i remember those all to well..they sucked! i remember people saying you can put them in the freezer and they will "true themselves" ...yea, that never worked, just made em cold lol

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 03:56:21 AM »
Lol..frezzer....I owned mags for about 2 secs...straight to chrome rims,usually Pregrine Super Pros and then Araya Super 7X's..but had a few colored rims and some alienation's..no real problems because Im not as hard on my bikes as say Tyler who competes or TJ..

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 04:32:51 AM »
Yea same here...BITD i had peregrine HP48s and then super pros..when i got back into riding in 2003 i ran Hoffman generators(which were called highrollers then) and then ive been on the ODY haz lites every since. and same thing im not that hard on my bikes either.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 06:18:45 AM »
Lol..frezzer....I owned mags for about 2 secs...straight to chrome rims,usually Pregrine Super Pros and then Araya Super 7X's..but had a few colored rims and some alienation's..no real problems because Im not as hard on my bikes as say Tyler who competes or TJ..

Thats the weird thing. I had only ridden a handful of times since I had gotten the alienations because I f*cked up my wrist in an accident. They basically sat unused and just started peeling on their own, then warped a few sessions after. I hardly rode them!

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 04:35:24 PM »
Thats the weird thing. I had only ridden a handful of times since I had gotten the alienations because I f*cked up my wrist in an accident. They basically sat unused and just started peeling on their own, then warped a few sessions after. I hardly rode them!

Yeah man that sux so bad u busted your wrist. I think about potholes almost everyday as I ride back from my spots here in Guadalajara. But yeah man if the alienation rims screwed up on their own without even riding them, then that ain't even excusable. For me, chrome is a big no-no because with sweat it begins to peel and that is a recipe for cut fingers. I will say that maybe Gilliard is onto something with using the sun rims for the eyelets to prevent pull-thru. I already had 2 v1 birdcages warrantied for that reason alone.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 05:41:52 AM »
I know what you mean. It wasn't even a pothole just a dip in the blacktop. I was riding into the sun so I couldn't even see it because there was no shadow on it, and my 140 psi tires hitting it at 10mph did the rest.

I run anodized rims in the back because of chrome peeling. The alienation rims were the worst I've ever used.

Offline getzfafive

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 02:34:59 AM »
Sun Envy Rear rim.  Super light weight with eyelet nipple holes to prevent spoke pull through that will happen to the Alienation Deviant and the Gsport Birdcage rims.

Source: I've owned two each of the Alienation Deviant and Gsport Birdcage rims: both cracked at the nipple holes and warped with pull throughs.

Where you running the 1st run of the birdcages when that happened to you?  The more recent birdcages in production, the wall thickness around the nipple hole has been increased to prevent spoke pull through.  I'm running birdcages and I'm over 200 lbs.  I can be pretty hard on wheels and the birdcages have held up great for me.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:37:49 AM by getzfafive »

Phatman

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 10:55:28 PM »
Eclat, I have had such great experiences with their rims it will take something EXTRA special to make me switch. Polar Aeros will be on my next bike.