Author Topic: Original Bike Tricks from Tim Knoll  (Read 28028 times)

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
Re: Original Bike Tricks from Tim Knoll
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 04:00:22 AM »
someone on facebook not long ago back in England taged me in it. So I guess its making its rounds.

I loved it this week Terry Adams was on my Boxee Box best of youtube or vimeo thing that popped up.

I dont care what it is but its a BMX that's all I care about. Yeah I prefer flat, But I don't bash the trail riders racers, vert riders. I have many friend who just love BMX. If someone found another way to do tricks (even if he stole them) meh.

I didnt invent any of my tricks.

If one kid goes wow Dad I want a BMX as I can do more with it than an ps3 then I think hes done his job.

(ps I have a ps3  ;D [size=78%] )[/size]
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 04:02:58 AM »

I think his riding is some of the most creative, interesting, and groundbreaking done today.  His edits are always entertaining and memorable. In a sport that claims to value creativity over everything else, I'm surprised at some of the comments here.  Things that make you say "hey, that's pretty cool, why have I never thought of that?" are good too.  People can't say "flatland is all about creativity" then try to hem in what creativity is okay and what's not. 

Creativity in flatland = the extension of existing ideas or manipulation of existing techniques into something unorthodox, it does not = one foot time machine with other foot in rollerboot and traffic cone on head.

Bahahaha BEST mental image EVER ! ! !
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 04:39:46 AM »
good lord I havent been on this page in forever and 5 seconds back first thing I see is rad still making dumb ass comments....  I mean lets be real here. Tim video has blown the f*ck up and shown ppl A LOT of flatland tricks. True its not all flatland but you can say there is none in there either. Had 5 ppl inbox me that doesnt ride bikes at all about his video yesterday. da f*ck have you done for flatland? has anyone ever even seen you ride? Let the guy do his thing my god. Hatin from the side lines is f*cking lame af...

Are you dumb? WTF is this gimmicky sh*t DOING for FLATLAND. It's not even flatland ffs.
He's shown a lot of people FLATLAND tricks? HOW?
5 people inboxed you yesterday? oh wow!. did any of them buy a bike and start riding? NO?

And I pray that no one gets inspired by this gimmicky sh*t and tries doing it .  And ends up killing themselves .     This video should be taken off  youtube for that very reason. 
  This isn't the image FLATLAND should present to the masses. It gives bmxers a bad name. And borders on vandalism.

yall some dumb f*cks foreal. reason I left this page in the first place. bunch off ppl that sit behind screens and prob dont even ride talking sh*t for the sake of talking sh*t. unless you can top it you have no place to run your mouth period. Let me know next time Rad or yourself gets on the front page of reddit or has the number of riders re post your video on fb that this video has gotten. This video has gotten love from some of the biggest names in bmx. I think their opinions kind of out way mystery people that I'll never see a video from. ask youself this....can you do it? can you top it? can you put a video out that comes any where near the feed back his videos have got? NO? ok then .but in case you feel like posting your video Ill keep an eye out.....dont worry ill wait.....
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:44:53 AM by blind »

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2013, 04:41:07 AM »
funny all the riders that ride has left this page and all that remains are the sh*t talkers.... (goes back to riding)

Offline clone0001

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 05:12:46 AM »
@Rad255
You want to know what I think is more "detrimental" to flatland than just some guy posting a video of himself on the internet, riding BMX the way he wants to? (Of course you do. You wanted to have a conversation.) You. You sh*tting all over it in hopes of this so-called "conversation." You giving the impression to people that haven't considered riding BMX, much less pulled their first trick, that flatland is less about fun and more about progression. You dismissing someone else's riding that attempts to be fun while blurring the lines between street, flatland, and generally f*cking around because they're not pulling tricks out from the tiny box you've labelled flatland. So it's not flatland? So f*cking what?

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 05:16:16 AM »
good lord I havent been on this page in forever and 5 seconds back first thing I see is rad still making dumb ass comments....  I mean lets be real here. Tim video has blown the f*ck up and shown ppl A LOT of flatland tricks. True its not all flatland but you can say there is none in there either. Had 5 ppl inbox me that doesnt ride bikes at all about his video yesterday. da f*ck have you done for flatland? has anyone ever even seen you ride? Let the guy do his thing my god. Hatin from the side lines is f*cking lame af...

Are you dumb? WTF is this gimmicky sh*t DOING for FLATLAND. It's not even flatland ffs.
5 people inboxed you yesterday? oh wow!. did any of them buy a bike and start riding? NO?

And I pray that no one gets inspired by this gimmicky sh*t and tries doing it .  And ends up killing themselves .     This video should be taken off  youtube for that very reason. 
  This isn't the image FLATLAND should present to the masses. It gives bmxers a bad name. And borders on vandalism.

yall some dumb f*cks foreal. reason I left this page in the first place. bunch off ppl that sit behind screens and prob dont even ride talking sh*t for the sake of talking sh*t. unless you can top it you have no place to run your mouth period. Let me know next time Rad or yourself gets on the front page of reddit or has the number of riders re post your video on fb that this video has gotten. This video has gotten love from some of the biggest names in bmx. I think their opinions kind of out way mystery people that I'll never see a video from. ask youself this....can you do it? can you top it? can you put a video out that comes any where near the feed back his videos have got? NO? ok then .but in case you feel like posting your video Ill keep an eye out.....dont worry ill wait.....

I'm not a good rider. I'm not a mystery. I don't hide behind anything. Everyone knows me. I'm always at contests. I got nothing to hide and never will. With the being said, what does that have to do with my opinion of this guys riding? I can't do his sh*t that's true. But you can't do his sh*t and the "biggest names" most likely can't do his sh*t either. So by your rules why should anyone give two f*cks about your opinion or theirs as well?

Stop getting so butt hurt. Stop getting so sad. Nothing new here. Someone makes a point and almost every single time like clockwork a bunch of guys run in waving their arms and screaming at the top of their lungs all sh*tty and mad, taking it personal like I just called their mother a whore or something. Get over it. I'm trying to make a point, while obviously giving the guy all the credit in the world, obviously a good rider, obviously creative and all that.

I think the sh*t is cheesy. And I don't think it's flatland. If you don't like that, I am completely cool with that. I'm cool with that because I'm tolerant and I think even though people don't share my opinions they still might have something interesting or relevant to say.

Now come on give me some more of that sweet sweet butt hurt. Gimme more "yall dumb as f*cks" or something else equally retarded.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 05:17:15 AM »
@Rad255
You want to know what I think is more "detrimental" to flatland than just some guy posting a video of himself on the internet, riding BMX the way he wants to? (Of course you do. You wanted to have a conversation.) You. You sh*tting all over it in hopes of this so-called "conversation." You giving the impression to people that haven't considered riding BMX, much less pulled their first trick, that flatland is less about fun and more about progression. You dismissing someone else's riding that attempts to be fun while blurring the lines between street, flatland, and generally f*cking around because they're not pulling tricks out from the tiny box you've labelled flatland. So it's not flatland? So f*cking what?

Hey look another guy who's butt hurt and doesn't care to read anything. I didn't dismiss dudes riding at all.

Offline clone0001

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2013, 05:25:15 AM »
@Rad255

Hey look another guy who's butt hurt and doesn't care to read anything. I didn't dismiss dudes riding at all.

Actually, I've read every post in this thread. In fact, I even read this one:

I swear on my life I’m not hating so save the bullsh*t please.

But I mean I don’t see how hardcore flat heads can get into this. I mean for f*ck sakes the guys physical prowness is uncanny but they’re circus tricks. I mean hes obviously got sick flat skills as you can see with the tail whips and all but I can’t help but think any gymnast with a bit of time on their hands could start flipping off of bikes and all. What he does here is awesome but this is just a year in the gym away from the African guy dancing around the ten speed. Plus where is the originality? Guys have been rolling over cars for ages and didn't one of the Finnish guys front brake flip in a edit last year? Besides that its like hanging off of basketball nets and poles and all... I don't know man, that's not flatland. That's not even BMX.

Once again, not hating, just trying to bring up conversation, chill out.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 05:28:16 AM »
@Rad255

Actually, I've read every post in this thread. In fact, I even read this one:

I swear on my life I’m not hating so save the bullsh*t please.

But I mean I don’t see how hardcore flat heads can get into this. I mean for f*ck sakes the guys physical prowness is uncanny but they’re circus tricks. I mean hes obviously got sick flat skills as you can see with the tail whips and all but I can’t help but think any gymnast with a bit of time on their hands could start flipping off of bikes and all. What he does here is awesome but this is just a year in the gym away from the African guy dancing around the ten speed. Plus where is the originality? Guys have been rolling over cars for ages and didn't one of the Finnish guys front brake flip in a edit last year? Besides that its like hanging off of basketball nets and poles and all... I don't know man, that's not flatland. That's not even BMX.

Once again, not hating, just trying to bring up conversation, chill out.

Ok and what did you miss? The part where I said... "I mean hes obviously got sick flat skills" or the other time when I said... "obviously a good rider, obviously creative"? You must be... excuse the pun here... "blind".

Edit: Oh wait you also missed "No doubt Tim is a boss" and "Obviously dude can do whatever the f*ck he wants to do on a bike" Oh and "I mean for f*ck sakes the guys physical prowness is uncanny" and oh " What he does here is awesome".
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:34:40 AM by Rad255 »

Offline clone0001

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 05:32:43 AM »
Baffled.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2013, 05:38:41 AM »

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2013, 05:39:24 AM »

I'm not a good rider. I'm not a mystery. I don't hide behind anything. Everyone knows me. I'm always at contests. I got nothing to hide and never will. With the being said, what does that have to do with my opinion of this guys riding? I can't do his sh*t that's true. But you can't do his sh*t and the "biggest names" most likely can't do his sh*t either. So by your rules why should anyone give two f*cks about your opinion or theirs as well?

Stop getting so butt hurt. Stop getting so sad. Nothing new here. Someone makes a point and almost every single time like clockwork a bunch of guys run in waving their arms and screaming at the top of their lungs all sh*tty and mad, taking it personal like I just called their mother a whore or something. Get over it. I'm trying to make a point, while obviously giving the guy all the credit in the world, obviously a good rider, obviously creative and all that.

I think the sh*t is cheesy. And I don't think it's flatland. If you don't like that, I am completely cool with that. I'm cool with that because I'm tolerant and I think even though people don't share my opinions they still might have something interesting or relevant to say.

Now come on give me some more of that sweet sweet butt hurt. Gimme more "yall dumb as f*cks" or something else equally retarded.

everyone knows you? no everyone ON THIS PAGE knows a screen name. thats it. bottom line is if you cant top it dont knock it. Im not "butt hurt" I just think its insane this guy puts out a video and gets awesome feed back from a ton of great riders and a sh*t load of ppl not even into bikes and heres some fat f*ck that puts 99% of his flatland life is behind a computer talking sh*t. If you cant do one part of one thing in this video who the f*ck cares about your opinion? keep your negative ass comments to yourself and let that dude do him.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2013, 05:43:51 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/rad255

Where have you been boss? I talked to many many many of the people on this forum in real life. I'm actually fairly sure we've met before. I'm not fat and I actually ride. I'm sorry you don't agree with my opinion. That's all cool with me.

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2013, 05:55:38 AM »
to be 100% I straight up thought u was someone else but I still dont see the point in knocking this mans video. But knowing tim im sure hes not losing sleep so do you

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2013, 07:34:57 AM »
Well all i have to say is that the first day i saw the video tuesday afternoon the video had 320 views,yesterday it had 300.000+ views same hour,now it has 1.400.000+ views...Imagine how many million views it will have in a week... its not the most hard tricks you cant do but this is not the point.
The point is that some kids will start ride bmx flatland because of it.
Also tim will probably make some money from this,or he cant find some sponsors easier.And i give him congratulations for this.Plus for doing his thing that is original and it looks he is having fun..
tim if you read this keep it up  :beer:  and do your thing...