Author Topic: Original Bike Tricks from Tim Knoll  (Read 28015 times)

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
Re: Original Bike Tricks from Tim Knoll
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 01:22:44 PM »
When Matthias started bringing street oriented tricks it became fashion. When some other guy rides freestyle people start calling it non-flatland. Kinda strange for me.

Ololollllooollolll. When Matthias started bringing in street tricks? Lol what? Hold on Chad Degroot, Paul Osicka and a whole generation of riders might have a problem with that. Even before that lol. Come on guy stop that.

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »
good lord I havent been on this page in forever and 5 seconds back first thing I see is rad still making dumb ass comments....  I mean lets be real here. Tim video has blown the f*ck up and shown ppl A LOT of flatland tricks. True its not all flatland but you can say there is none in there either. Had 5 ppl inbox me that doesnt ride bikes at all about his video yesterday. da f*ck have you done for flatland? has anyone ever even seen you ride? Let the guy do his thing my god. Hatin from the side lines is f*cking lame af...

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 09:15:48 PM »
There's something about what Tim is doing that resonates with regular, non-flatlander, people, and that is a great thing.  For whatever reason it seems to translate a bit better than just the usual fast pumping front wheel spin with big switches thrown in between. 

I think his riding is some of the most creative, interesting, and groundbreaking done today.  His edits are always entertaining and memorable. In a sport that claims to value creativity over everything else, I'm surprised at some of the comments here.  Things that make you say "hey, that's pretty cool, why have I never thought of that?" are good too.  People can't say "flatland is all about creativity" then try to hem in what creativity is okay and what's not. 

Tim's doing bike tricks on flat ground for most of that edit.  Some of them are pretty difficult.  How is this NOT flatland? 

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 09:32:07 PM »
No doubt Tim is a boss. I'm just saying, this isn't "Video of the Year" like Effraim was saying, and no I don't think he's the Dark Knight of Flatland with the whole "flatland needs him" thing. It's fun and awesome and all but if anything it's detrimental to flatland. Obviously dude can do whatever the f*ck he wants to do on a bike, but I don't even want it associated with flatland. I'm "the flatland guy" with in the group of street kids and they're all asking me to do flip and sh*t off of my bike because they saw this video and think it's flat. You know those douche bags that roll down the road and see you cruising and holler "DO A BACK FLIP!"? This is their dream. This kid will do a backflip for them. He will do the f*ck out of a backflip for them lol.
Once again, do what you wanna do, not hating at all, have fun on your bike or whatever, but keep this sh*t away from flat man.
tim is a honeybadger and you are a cobra.  he IS a true flatlander and i sure as hell would rather ride w/ him than your closed minded self.  please post a vdo of you riding so i can make fun of it

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 09:34:59 PM »
I hope the way this vid has blown up on Youtube is a big "eff you" to 2hip bikes.  They "signed" Tim a couple of years ago if I remember correctly, and then they never hooked him up with anything.  Now look what they're missing out on.  Tim is a genius regardless of how you want to classify his riding.  I hope he starts to get the recognition he deserves...

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 09:40:59 PM »
I showed this video to my brother and he said it reminded him of WILLIAM SPENCER

WILLIAM SPENCER-HOLLARADO!

i'm a big fan of the mile high sk8 ninja as well, tim can be the brew city flat ninja.  richie jackson is another sk8'er who doesnt give a f*ck, does what he wants and is uber creative
Small | Large
!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:53:04 AM by thestraw »

Offline flat1ander

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 09:53:41 PM »
good lord I havent been on this page in forever and 5 seconds back first thing I see is rad still making dumb ass comments....  I mean lets be real here. Tim video has blown the f*ck up and shown ppl A LOT of flatland tricks. True its not all flatland but you can say there is none in there either. Had 5 ppl inbox me that doesnt ride bikes at all about his video yesterday. da f*ck have you done for flatland? has anyone ever even seen you ride? Let the guy do his thing my god. Hatin from the side lines is f*cking lame af...

Wow, you nailed it. I couldn't have put it better myself. Wanted to see what the reception of this video was on the forum... now I remember why I don't come on here anymore.

Offline clone0001

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 10:08:48 PM »
"I'm not hatin' but I'm gonna pointlessly sh*t all over this edit."

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 12:08:38 AM »
I'm loving the skate videos, keep them coming. As for Tim I dont care its a BMX and he has a love for it. I'm surprised no one is hating him for using 6inch high bars?  :P  or that his trousers are not tight enough.
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 12:24:18 AM »
Tim Knoll's videos never fail to put a smile on my face.  That was outstanding.

Offline Therapy

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 02:35:39 AM »
Im with Rad on this one I think its gimmicky i think there is maybe 2 tricks in there that qualify as original and i think it appeals to the lowest common denominator.The hype its getting is beyond me call me an old purist with a bias for technical capacity but there are so many more hardcore impressive riders out there deserving there shine getting no attention and why? because they refuse to sacrifice or dilute there riding down to roly poly gimmicks.I rarely say this but big up Rad for having the balls to think and speak out on this one as for the rest of you and your trademark hurrrr praise or yooz haterz well we know how that goes.As a result of this video i expect way more kids getting into flatland! yeah good thing right! now they can learn gimmicky sh*te instead of actually pushing trick boundaries to.I love Tim mind and its true doing your own thing is great and encouraged but for me there needs to be a balance of skill and idea and for me skids and landing on flat down bikes is not it, any of my parkour friends can do that first go no effort. i only say this because i know some of you struggle to grasp the concept of separating criticism from personal attack.

+1
Completely agree.
And I can do all of Tim knolls "tricks". I did them all today. I don't want to film it because it's embarrassing.

Does this guy need to have obstacles like lampposts and parked cars to ride every day.
How will he do all that in a contest run.

Stupid tricks.
FAIL.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:39:04 AM by Therapy »

Offline efxman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 02:46:05 AM »
Glad to see we bike riders are such a tight group with the up most respect for one another, seriously you people are ragging on Tim cause you dont consider it flatland specific.  Maybe you should list what tricks are no longer flatland specific so that all progression can come to a complete halt.  A tail whip use to be a flatland trick then it went to ramp than came back as a whopper (bunny hop tailwhip) so is that flatland?  He rides a bike, awesome, he is good, awesome, he is creative, awesome!  So why are people down on this.  Hey Chad Johnson you better stop riding pegless then, you know flatland is only with pegs.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 03:15:02 AM »
 Hey look, close minded people. Should I be surprised or?
/thread

Offline Therapy

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 03:18:21 AM »

Are you dumb? WTF is this gimmicky sh*t DOING for FLATLAND. It's not even flatland ffs.
He's shown a lot of people FLATLAND tricks? HOW?
5 people inboxed you yesterday? oh wow!. did any of them buy a bike and start riding? NO?

And I pray that no one gets inspired by this gimmicky sh*t and tries doing it .  And ends up killing themselves .     This video should be taken off  youtube for that very reason. 
  This isn't the image FLATLAND should present to the masses. It gives bmxers a bad name. And borders on vandalism.

Offline Therapy

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 03:26:22 AM »

I think his riding is some of the most creative, interesting, and groundbreaking done today.  His edits are always entertaining and memorable. In a sport that claims to value creativity over everything else, I'm surprised at some of the comments here.  Things that make you say "hey, that's pretty cool, why have I never thought of that?" are good too.  People can't say "flatland is all about creativity" then try to hem in what creativity is okay and what's not. 

This is so Dumb.
I guess The D in your name stands for Dumbo. Dumbo Dumberson.