Author Topic: London Bikes DTT Frame Spy Pics  (Read 24712 times)

Offline br00takville

Re: London Bikes DTT Frame Spy Pics
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2013, 07:17:14 PM »
Obviously certain members of this forum won't let this topic go so let's get back to the frame.

How many people are riding this thing? 

I've seen video of James McGraw and Will Redd but only photos of Scott Ditchfield.

Has anyone seen this frame in person? 

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »
Obviously certain members of this forum won't let this topic go so let's get back to the frame.

I've seen video of James McGraw and Will Redd but only photos of Scott Ditchfield.

Well said bro and I know you aren't the only one who has expressed displeasure with the course of this thread. It is sickening the way some members have conducted themselves in this thread. Spreading hate, malice, and unrestrained judgement against other fellow riders.

It's not cool.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2013, 09:37:52 PM »

On another note, even though James McGraw didn't land all of his tricks, it was cool seeing the London frame in the FISE comp. JM made a great edit of him last year I think it was. Rad style.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2013, 01:01:17 AM »
I wonder if it is possible to get brake mounts on those chainstays with the type of junction this frame has?  :beer:

Brakes are pretty much pointless on the seatstays for the back brake rider.. so many companies miss out on the real function to accommodate smaller sprocket which serve no purpose anymore  ::)

This has to be the Best DTT frame out to this date as far as being well grounded and a well rounded flatland machine minus the Bandwagon HT angle.... Still a great design  B)

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2013, 02:02:49 AM »
I didnt make Judgement, a court dipsh*t. I have no more time for this forgive and forget ,sappy ,bleeding heart crap you careless fools want to live..In fact I believe NONE of you will even buy this frame..,later.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »
I didnt make Judgement, a court dipsh*t. I have no more time for this forgive and forget ,sappy ,bleeding heart crap you careless fools want to live..In fact I believe NONE of you will even buy this frame..,later.

Yet, another Horse Beater.. It's over guy.. You lost this battle!  O0

Now you're just being a sore loser - You and Byke  ::)

Drop the Sh_t already.. No one cares if you guys Bit_h whine because your post got deleted... I don't see you paying the bills for Global Flat so they can do whatever the F_ck they want  :P

We can comment on a great attempt at a proven functional design.. Why not?  :beer:

Would I buy this frame? Nope! I have a frame already and I wouldn't change it by any means  B)

And you did make judgement by passing on info that was unwanted in this thread Sh_t F_ck!

And remove that Avatar! You're F_cking up a Great Company with your negativity  >:(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:37:06 AM by azflatlander »

LOU4130

« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2013, 08:05:25 PM »
ok guys lets get back on topic here. this has gone on along enough. people obviously have different opinions to what has happened . if you must keep disscussing this start another topic in the approprate forum and lets keep this thread on topic or I will have to lock it.

Offline br00takville

« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2013, 11:19:45 PM »
Brakes are pretty much pointless on the seatstays for the back brake rider.. so many companies miss out on the real function to accommodate smaller sprocket which serve no purpose anymore  ::)

This has to be the Best DTT frame out to this date as far as being well grounded and a well rounded flatland machine minus the Bandwagon HT angle.... Still a great design  B)

What would be the benefit of having the brake on the chain stays instead of the seat stays?  I always thought companies ran the brakes on the seat stays to get out of the way of small sprockets.  Just curious...

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2013, 11:31:17 PM »
Tubing thickness is sometimes thicker on chainstays (compared to seat stays), which in turn can offer better stiffness for brake mounts, when welding them.

Any area that starts to feel stiff, in which many see as the wrong place is a good reason to put the brakes on.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:24:09 AM by byke »

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2013, 12:14:24 AM »
Tubing thickness is sometimes thicker on chainstays (compared to seat stays), which in turn can offer better stiffness for brake mounts, when welding them.

Stiffer and putting the Brakes on, go hand in hand.
Agreed and most times a welded joint instead of a bend is just another place for a Failure to possibly occur ala where the top tubes turn to seatstays.

EDIT: Especially when welds are ground down ......
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:24:49 AM by JUGGARNAUT »

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2013, 01:09:09 AM »
Not only is it stiffer on the chainstays.. it takes out the crucial bend that your cables have to go thru to  line up properly with the brakes on seatstays and when it is time to line up it.. the brakes are at so much of an incline, that alone will hinder its function.

A straight cable flows freely without the friction or tension, so your brakes work 100 times better  :beer:

Also, the down force created by the circulation of your wheel weakens the brake pivots immensely and that is why you see riders complain of thread on brake pivots

Not only is it a pointless design, but it takes away from the function of a flatland frame. For example.. if a rider wanted to do an old school trick like a Cherry Picker they can't with the brakes on the seatstays cause there is not enough room  ???

In the late 80's Haro made the most functional design and set up by running the lower Gyro cable straight thru the seat tube giving superior strength to any cable set up, even any double cable set up could not compare. The result was brakes that actually worked everytime with out liquid modification  O0

If you ever ride a frame with chainstay mounted brakes.. I guarantee you won't want to settle for less

B)

Do we really need a size 18t sprocket?  ::)

Fly bikes Pantera was great design with function and offered a 25t sprocket clearance to run  :beer:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:23:10 AM by azflatlander »

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2013, 01:38:55 AM »
I am a Professional Welder/Fabricator by trade, Thank you.

Offline efxman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2013, 02:09:21 AM »
How much might these frames be and are they being made currently to purchase?  In the future is there a chance that flatland fuel might carry London frames?  I know they carry London bars or did but it would be nice to see all of the London frames available especially from Pat.

Phatman

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2013, 10:06:25 AM »
I am NOT in anyway trying to defend this guy here but what sort of thing are we talking about? I mean in some states any person under 21 is considered a child so if he had images of 19 year olds on his computer over here in England they are considered a fully grown adult & actually at 19 are a fully matured woman! However if we're talking images of like 12/13 year olds then as far as im concerned no amount of jail time, rehab & probation will make up for your DISGUSTING behaviour. If you sexually molest children then i think you should be castrated & if you keep indecent images of children as a personal collection then you should be f*cking lobotomized so that any thought of looking at / or acting out towards a child is gone! Pedophiles are the scum of the earth & i dont care how much rehab they go through they shouldnt be given a chance. Execute the disgusting f*ckers. Do the world & its children a favour!!

LOU4130

« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2013, 12:44:49 AM »
Ok apparently we just cant get off this subject in this topic. Im going to lock this thread. If you guys really wanna continue on with this subject start a topic in the open topics section. I am not deleting anything, but this topic was started about a frame not this guy, so ...there it is.