Author Topic: Matthias wins Flatground, Hiro wins World Circuit  (Read 9527 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Matthias wins Flatground, Hiro wins World Circuit
« on: August 05, 2007, 07:24:23 PM »
Matthias Dandois  just won the final of the Flatground in Amsterdam.

1st Matthias Dandois
2nd Terry Adams
3rd Justin Miller
4th Waldemar Fatkin
5th Hiroya Morizaki
6th Matt Wilhelm
7th Michael Steingraber
8th Keisuke Matsumoto
9th Cory Fester
10th Hirokazu Miura
11th Sam Foakes
12th Shintaro Misawa

Hiro Morizaki   wins the first Flatland World Circuit. Shintaro Misawa couldn't defend his leading position because he lost his first battle against Hiro. Congrats to both winners!

We have a couple of photos online: Flatground 2007  ( photo credits: Rutger Pauw, Todd Harford, Joren )

Freecaster.tv is going to provide footage of the Flatground. Thanks to a flu the global-flat.tv-crew didn't make it to Flatground. Damn ;-)

Offline spix

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Gábor [HUN]
Re: Matthias wins Flatground, Hiro wins World Circuit
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 07:42:01 PM »
congratulations Matyi! :beer:
flatland lives!

Offline ijdevil

• Cliffhanger
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 09:35:32 PM »
I bet the vid from this contest is soooooo f*ckin dope! WHERES THE VID!! WHERES THE VID!!

Offline spix

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Gábor [HUN]
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 09:46:56 PM »
come on! this event is not even over yet!! patience..
 :beer:
flatland lives!

Offline robilibob

• Forkglider
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 09:48:56 PM »
must see video... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Offline stewart

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 10:03:41 PM »
good to see usa take out 2nd and 3rd spots!!!

bloody flat

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 11:02:08 PM »
sup with Team KGB  :huh:

Derek

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 11:41:57 PM »
Wow Waldemar did well.

Offline Dez

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 12:50:09 AM »
Whats a "Flu"?

rully

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 03:39:22 AM »
influenza?

btw, does this mean we won't see any global-flat signature video of flatground???!?!?

what a bummer!

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 03:49:21 AM »
Whats a "Flu"?

something u really dont want. get better soon.that sh*t sucks to get.

planck

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »
influenza?

btw, does this mean we won't see any global-flat signature video of flatground???!?!?

what a bummer!

That's a shame if there's only gonna be freecaster.tv footage - their site doesn't work on my machine :(

Si.

Offline WvK

• WvK@Flickr.com
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 03:11:12 AM »
compared to last year (when it was really cold inside the venue) there was definitely less audience. might very well have been because of the nice warm and sunny weather. (ah, and also there was  this little 'boatparade' in the centre of the city..)
this unique event really deserves more spectators. it's ridiculous, these great riders from all over the world, all gathered here in Amsterdam. It doesn't get much better than this here in NL.

Well, it did not have an effect on the riding because that was once again really amazing!
for me (as an outsider who went to the BMX Masters 06, Flatring, Flatground 06) Waldemar Fatkin and Hirokazu Miura were the revelations of the weekend.
I also liked Pete Hoffman(n) in the Expertclass. lots of slow backwardsstuff, and totally smooth. (the guy had a smile on his face the whole weekend) Last year Sam Foakes was the first rider I had seen who rides that way.
It looked like Michael Steingraber had all his tricks down, but in the final he had to wait for an awful longtime to finally get to ride.
On Saturday the Stereo Panda's (Alex, Raphael and Matthias) all showed up in shorts. Imho, it doesn't work for everyone..

I would rather have seen Terry Adams win than Matthias Dandois. It looked like the crowd was taken away with all the youthful enthusiasm and gesturing of Dandois. and also by the support of the Stereo Panda crew follwing his runs. as you can see in the video they threw the seats of the sofa's on to the floor well before things were descided. Mr O'Brien wasn't amused by that.

(sometimes it's hard to figure: off the floor the riders all seem to get along but on the floor they not always show respect to their opponent. and yet they meet eachother at almost every other contest.)

Flatring in Paris would be an ideal setting for redemption ;)

rully

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 04:34:55 AM »
^^ nice review!

thanks!

Offline Jeremy_DFL

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 01:04:43 PM »
flatground 2 was my first, i didnt even ride flatland back then. Thats when I started.

flatground 3 was the best ever, in the RAI in amsterdam, with a huge Braun Truck tv screen (HUGE). the crowd was enormous and the riders were all riding so incredibly hard to win this comp. Martti kuoppa with his kickflips ;)

Flatground 4 was a huge spectacle in the Westergasfabriek, the round venue. This year everythin was held in the round building and the floor was pretty big. For some reason i missed the entire pro finals haha, but the event was awesome.

Flatground 5 was also at the Westergasfabriek, but only the finals were held in the round building wich was very depressing. The floor wasnt too nice, the music was waaaaaaaaay too loud, bikes were stolen and expert and master class did not get any attetntion from the organiser, it all seemed to be money interested. The gold and green took over this year.

Flatground6 was in the NDSM warf, nice location. The floor was small, but just right to be able to ride all together. the new battle format was really interesting and the final between Martti and Alex really blown me away... It was so fukin' nice to watch.

Flatground7 also was in the NDSM warf, this time in the summer so no-one froze their ass off like during FG6. The floor was divided in 2 pieces, 1 small floor for the contests with 4 lightpoles on the corners. The other floor was just as small and there was NO LIGHT (and its dark in there). Soulcycle did NOT have a stand/mini-shop this year, the catering pretty much shrunk a 1000 times. The floor wasnt too straight and bounced a little. some pieces of the wooden floor were slippery. There was glass everywhere in the venue (even on the wooden floors) and a lot of riders who I would expect to come to flatground weren't there. think of: Viki Gomez, Martti Kuoppa, Jesse Puente, Bram Verhallen (he came on sunday because he was on vacation saturday), Chris Bohm, Dan Henig, Michael Sommer, James Smith. The following I'm gonna say is not gonna please a lot of you, but Matthias and Terry actually almost bored me, they ride so incredibly good, thats why they ended on the podium. But Global-flat shows videos from these guys every 2 weekes, so you know their links inside out, it was not that much fun for me to watch anymore. The Japanse guys really blew me away, especially Hidekazu, his backwheel links are FAST ! I knew Hidekazu as a front wheel rider, so the surprised me a lot. Actually the Japanese guys made flatground worth it, if they were not there I would probably have gone home earlier.

the heroes of Flatground07:

I believe this was the last flatground.