Author Topic: Attention riders in Norcal! Bike thief in your area!  (Read 8535 times)

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
Attention riders in Norcal! Bike thief in your area!
« on: March 27, 2013, 07:22:47 PM »
Attention riders in Northern California! Does anyone know a guy in your area (possibly from Richmond) riding a black Colony Apprentice complete bike? Maybe with an Odyssey Rucksack backpack on him? He stole both of these from flatlandfuel and we need some help getting him arrested. In all he stole over $1000 from flatlandfuel. Riders do not steal from other riders and $1000 is a LOT of money to a small shop like flatlandfuel.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline londonflat

• Backpacker
Re: Attention riders in Norcal! Bike thief in your area!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »
Not good news dude,hope you catch him

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 12:19:06 PM »
Let's help get the word out and find this guy!
How did he steal it? I don't understand that part.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline kchez

• Backpacker
    • Phenomenon Designs
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 01:38:28 PM »
I'm gonna guess the stolen credit card,  intercept package, scam.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 02:15:43 PM »
It'll be a needle in a hay stack..so just beat down anyone with that bag or bike and hold em till the cops get there....? Hows this suppose to work?

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »
Flatland is a small community so somebody will know this guy. I wont go into specifics but it was a sophisticated theft that thwarted all security features of the credit card companies. I, the merchant, am still 100% liable though. The chances of getting the bike or money back are very slim but I am hoping a rider in norcal knows the guy and can put a little pressure or guilt on him. No violence though Juggs. We dont need that.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 11:48:19 PM »
That sucks Pat. I hope he gets caught. I'd suggest those living in the states keep an eye on e-bay and craigslist as well.  Keep in mind people that others have Colony completes too, and it would be a shame if a rider who genuinely purchased a Colony got accused of stealing the one from FF.

May I suggest a photo and story to go up on facebook as well and we can make it go viral. It might get the word out further and faster. Good luck Pat.  :beer:

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 12:39:17 AM »
This story has been up on the Flatlandfuel Facebook page for a while. Check it out.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 01:37:15 AM »
Pat. There is nothing worse than a thief.  That being said, I have seen other business calling people out through social networking sites but only using their initials. ...could this be applied here? As stated above it would be a real shame to have a beginner get blamed for something he has not done such as this. 

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 01:56:58 AM »
That was my point guys, without a face or name, how can this person be apprehended?  This "Some guy on a mass produced bike that might be the one" stuff will never work, UNLESS!!!! He's going around bragging. I believe "it's worth a shot" throwing it on the Internet, ,But if he/she was smart enough to get through all this "Security", then said bike doesn't look the same anymore ,nor are they riding around with a Ruksack full of FF goodies and a Sign on their back...The Devils in the Details. Why would you think you have to hide their identity if you know who Stole from you. This Idea of C.M.A. by not naming them will only cost time. I can Almost put money on the fact that if you name them with addy, you'll nab them.. And Karl, I cant speak for Aussie crooks, but if they were after money, they wouldn't go thru all that to buy something, to turn around and sell it for the beans we get on CL or Ebay, they'd of just took a cash advance Bro..Crooks need street justice and Yes, a good beatdown always...ALWAYS leaves a lasting impression. Why treat a criminal with kid gloves? A grown ass man Knows the difference btween Right and Wrong..no? ???

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 02:03:13 AM »
And... Theft will cost all of the honest people in the end...thats part of the reason Ins. on most things is so high..It's trickle down guys/gals. if ya find them, BEAT them down and post a you tube vid...People will think TWICE!! It keeps future happenings down, you post up, "I just got robbed," you are now a mark for copycats. or am I wrong?

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 02:46:43 AM »
Right and wrong....don't need an address but pat seriously I feel that if there just isn't some sort of intials to have these guys go off of some innocent person may get hurt....although I do like you F B post about blowing some money and showing up at his door =)   

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 03:03:49 AM »
His initials wont help because I dont even know that his name is real. The only concrete piece of info is the address where the bike was delivered. If a norcal local that I know and trust wants to drive by then I will give them the address privately. This guy lifted a credit card number in person. That means he was most likely a waiter at a restaurant or something similar. There are very few opportunities to get  CVC code from a credit card. So if I can figure out WHO the thief is then we can figure out WHERE he works and get him fired. If I can confirm he lives at the address the bike was delivered to then I can at least let his neighbors know that a thief lives there. Maybe even get him arrested with all of that info. My money and bike are probably gone forever but if I can prevent this guy stealing from someone else then I will feel a little better.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

LOU4130

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 09:49:10 PM »
Oh man, this sucks! :(

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 06:21:24 PM »
I LEFT A MESSAGE WITH YOU PAT...

IF YOU NEED MY HELP.CALL ME AS I KNOW EVERY
FLATLANDER IN NORCAL AND I WANT TO SAY...

THAT US FLATLAND RIDERS IN NOR-CAL WANT
TO APOLOGIZE FOR ANY TYPE OF THEFT THAT
WENT ON..THIS PERSON WHAT HE DID WAS JUST
AWFUL AND NOT WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT HERE!

I AM SURE YOU GOT A HOLD OF PETE AND HE MIGHT
OF BEEN ABLE TO HELP YOU FIND THIS PERSON AND
I ALSO KNOW PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE WHO RIDES
FLATLAND IN NOR-CAL AND I HAVE A MAP WITH EVERY
ONE ON IT..WHERE THEY LIVE,NAME ETC....

Again I am sorry this happened to you!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:23:35 PM by rideflat43 »