Author Topic: Prepare for controversy  (Read 26945 times)

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
Re: Prepare for controversy
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2013, 12:35:39 PM »
Patrick, I totally agree with everything you said but why call it the 'Vet" class? That's where the confusion is with a lot of riders. Why not call it what it really is...an Intermediate class?

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »
Yup, just like Pat said:  "so the current contests are done by skill level and that works just fine."

Since there aren't a whole bunch of very young riders, it turns out that that many of the intermediates are older riders...so no problem!

Offline Flatland Fanatic

• Backpacker
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2013, 04:30:39 PM »
So Steve is going to have to compete in the Expert Class now.  "How bout dem apples!"

Offline OSD

• Forkglider
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2013, 01:56:50 AM »
I can't speak for the other contests but as far as the Toronto Veteran event goes...

Steve B. won the event this year. Tony S. won the event last year ( and the overall AmFlat title for the year in that class ). Steve was entered in Vet last year in the same class/contest and people have forgotten that he didn't win. Both guys are awesome.... I'm personally glad to see them both still compete.

All riders were judged on the same criteria. One guy was better than the other guy on that particular day. Wanna do better? Check on the categories being judged, dial your stuff in for maximum pointage, and do your best. Most important thing to do... ride, rage and have fun.

OSD

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:58:58 AM by OSD »

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2013, 09:27:31 PM »
What I don't get is why do the older riders feel so insecure about competing against younger people? So what? They would be competing against younger riders if they entered pro, would they not? What's the difference?

Let's all admit that age basically has nothing to do with it. It's all about skill level.

Offline letsgo

• Backpacker
    • Ketch Bikes
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2013, 03:44:52 PM »
I rode in the Vet Class at Jomo and Steve was in my class.  He is a nice guy and a good rider.  It makes me want to ride harder. 

Steve -  Stay in Vet class with us.  Maybe people will stick around to watch us with talent like you and Rad Dad.

Offline Flatland Fanatic

• Backpacker
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2013, 04:07:29 PM »
We need more Vets to pre-register for the Voodoo Jam!  I would love to see a class of 20 riders or more.  This contest is not one to miss.  The Pro Class is STACKED!!!  It will be awesome watching riders from all over the world killing it!  So Vets, go to the Website and pre-register now!