Author Topic: St Martin TEN...lil somethin for the old schoolers..  (Read 23665 times)

LOU4130

St Martin TEN...lil somethin for the old schoolers..
« on: February 28, 2013, 03:37:18 AM »
So im finally getting this bike together. I loved the frame as soon as a saw it, being an old school guy myself and always being partial to the Haro Master BITD. So i decided to add a little more old school flavor to this frame. Im not even finished building it, but i was so happy with how it came out, that i wanted to post pics now. Enjoy  B)

Specs:
FRAME: St Martin TEN 18.8″ TT, 75 HT
FORK: KHE Tanaka, zero offset
HEADSET: Colony
DETANGLER: Snafu
BRAKES: Front and Rear, Dia Tech Hombre
BRAKE Cables: Ody Slick front/ SST Rear/detangler
STEM: Bizhouse
BARS: MTF T4 zero back 2up
BAR ENDS: Quamen SS
GRIPS: All city stars
LEVERS: Ody Monolevers
SEATCLAMP: Profile
SEATPOST: St Martin Pivitol
SEAT: KHE Watanabe w/ Ody convertable guts
CRANK: Profile 160mm Spline drive titanium spindle and bolts
SPROCKET: Profile Spline drive 23T
BB: Colony Spanish
PEDALS: Ody twisted PC
CHAIN: KMC Z
TIRES: Ody Freq G 1.75
RIMS: Ody Hazard lite 48h
FRONT HUB: DK
REAR HUB: KHE Geisha
PEGS: Sequence pirate, knurled

Decals were custom made by me with a vinyl cutting machine and are layered vinyl.
Paint is appliance epoxy. This is supposedly stronger, but we'll see how it holds up.

Offline TheLoyaltyGuy

• Forkglider
Re: St Martin TEN...lil somethin for the old schoolers..
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:54:43 AM »
hey really nice ride man! i didnt even know that they made a st martin double TT frame. im in the middle of a new school frame/mid school parts build myself and its gonna be a keeper. this st martin is one of the nicest bikes ive seen in a while. enjoy finishing the build.

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 04:04:29 AM »
Haha, I don't usually go for the old school but that is awesome. Those transitional graphics hold a special place in my heart. Thumbs up!

Offline dug

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 05:01:48 AM »
very nicely done lou
I always liked that white and blue haro color scheme

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 05:09:47 AM »
Superb job Lou!

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 06:24:50 AM »
So sick! Loving those graphics...

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 06:37:58 AM »
Now I see the need for the chrome...Absolutely cool Bro! now, get some tanwalls, your levers and some KHE Stims and your set..Get a full outdoor pic too if ya would?

LOU4130

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 11:43:37 AM »
Thanks guys!

Yea Dug me too..i restored a Haro Master a few years ago ..probably more than a few actually lol...and i did it this same color scheme. As far as i know they never made the master in these colors, just the Sport and the low end FST. So i had painstakingly recreated the decals in the black/white/blue color scheme. I had about 20 sets made and sold most of em on e-bay. Then a few months later that AKJ bikes company that made repro decals, all of a sudden started making those...im 99% sure he stole that idea from my sets lol. Anywho, I still had the file on a cd so i just tweaked it from that.

heh yea Jug..still hopin to get that left chrome lever. I actully just used the "pull" part from the chrome lever on the right lever..so its black with the chrome pull. i was actually thinking about getting the KHE stims. I loved the MKS graphites BITD. Didnt think about the tan walls, i have no idea why! ...but when its time for new tires, i think i may go with those..that would really complete the look. I'll definately post more pics once its fully together and def take some outside shots during my first session :)

I cant wait to ride it! I need to finish setting up the brakes, and the wheels need a little truing, but other than that i think its done for now.

Thanks again for the compliments guys :) :beer:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:13:24 PM by LOU4130 »

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 03:07:37 PM »
Indeed a True work of Art! You make us Old Schoolers Proud!! ;D :beer: :beer: :beer:
One Last Ride.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 04:56:34 PM »
really nice!

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 07:54:55 PM »
Soooo nice Lou! Tbh when i first saw the ten i didnt like the bend in the dt just seemed to stick out like a sore thumb, that being said the colour change on your frame is just right  to draw the eye away from the bend and I can honestly say I love your frame! Verrr nice!  :beer:
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline Dev

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 09:01:36 PM »
Hey Lou, that's a lovely build you've got there! I love the old school twin top tube style, great to have a new school version, superb what you've done with the colour scheme. Hope it rides as good as it looks!?

LOU4130

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 10:17:47 PM »
Thanks Guys!

Heh yea the bent tube and no bridge on the chainstays were the only downsides for me. But with the "new look" ya dont really notice that bent downtube. Hopefully it can hold up fine without that chainstay bridge. My last quamen didnt have that and it seemed to hold up ok, so hoping this will as well.

Yea Dev, i think it will. The specs are similar to most of the new school frames ive had recently, i ususally go for 75ht and 18.5-18.9 tt and i like the shorter rears...and this pretty much fits that MO...and roilling around in the livingroom with it felt pretty good lol.

Offline Nightsblood

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 12:33:13 AM »
As the owner of an 87 Sport back in the day I gotta say, I love your nod to the OS.  Beautiful ride brother.

Offline dan4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 02:15:48 AM »
hey lou
  do you think the rear dropouts  could be milled to 14mm?
IF FLATLAND EVER HAS A DEBATE TEAM. I WANT T.J. PERRY AS MY CAPTAIN!!