Author Topic: bike size ?  (Read 3610 times)

Offline OCN

• Forkglider
bike size ?
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:52:30 PM »
currently i ride a khe militant lt 18.5 TT swiss miss bars oddesy pegs for a lil more weight im 6ft 220lbs.. now the question i have is this, should i switch to a street frame for more ass end weight?
 the reason i ask is because i rode street for well over 10yrs i could manual for days bunny hop tail whip etc street stuff .. on my KHE if i try to McCircle its like im to heavy cuz the rear of the bike wants to just come up/ i don't feel like there's enough counter weight when i try to balance different tricks spinning tricks.. idk maybe when it clears up ill post a video of what im talking about.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: bike size ?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:49:06 AM »
I always recommend attending comps or jams and trying out various size frames. You may find the right size before buying one you thought would feel right. With a street background, the 19'' - 19.5'' may be the better choice for you..

Offline mad.scientist

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 03:47:31 PM »
i ride that same frame and it feels just right, but im like 5ft5 and 120lbs.
i used to ride a 21tt haro, too big for me, i couldnt pull that thing up, had a hard time trying hang 5s cause the frame just wouldnt pop up.... you could try a 19.5 even 20, i felt that 21 was way to big for me, maybe something that size would fit you well

Offline OCN

• Forkglider
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 01:01:38 PM »
yeah that sounds about right, i think im going to go up to a 19.5 maybe a 20 for more counter weight. thanks for your input.