Author Topic: Can you ID this rider?  (Read 5801 times)

Offline Tim Knoll

• Forkglider
Can you ID this rider?
« on: January 18, 2013, 05:05:49 AM »
Here's some clues... he's super creative with an amazing 2 min video, excellent static balance ability, front brake/front wheel primarily, coasts on wheel and comes to a stop and holds the pose before hopping into a continued coast in opposite direction, he's japanese, he can do like a switch footed sidesqueak and rotate the wheel fwds and back using his free foot controlling a fixed point on the rim. What's his name?? Better yet, please post a link to the vid if you know who i'm talking about.

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
Re: Can you ID this rider?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 06:52:06 AM »
There is another rider that is from south america that has the same style of trix you are decribing.  I remember watching some of his trix in a old BS series edit years ago. 

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:13:58 AM »
Here's some clues... he's super creative with an amazing 2 min video, excellent static balance ability, front brake/front wheel primarily, coasts on wheel and comes to a stop and holds the pose before hopping into a continued coast in opposite direction, he's japanese, he can do like a switch footed sidesqueak and rotate the wheel fwds and back using his free foot controlling a fixed point on the rim. What's his name?? Better yet, please post a link to the vid if you know who i'm talking about.
    bram verhallen?

Offline Tim Knoll

• Forkglider
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 08:32:41 AM »
that south american sounds interesting. too bad i'm not familiar, unless you're thinking of marcos jesus de paulo from brazil. he was in the '03 xgames. he did a high speed switch foot steam and jumped the bike and him off the ground, 180 body varial twist into a fakie swith foot karl, so good. amazing rider.

it's not bram, though i see where you'd think that since he's also a front wheel wizard but the guy i'm thinking of is japanese and he has a front brake and had a web video (youtube i believe) come out in the last year. i've seen it pop up on my fb newsfeed several months ago but can't remember from who or where. i hope someone can help. he can hold a the switchfoot karl position (like an endo) with the front brake locked for like 7 seconds, it's really impressive

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 08:51:11 AM »
I'm 99% sure know which one you're thinking of but I can't find it either.  I've looked through months and months of videos but no luck so far.

I think I've even commented on it, but I don't see it.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 11:06:29 AM »
that south american sounds interesting. too bad i'm not familiar, unless you're thinking of marcos jesus de paulo from brazil. he was in the '03 xgames. he did a high speed switch foot steam and jumped the bike and him off the ground, 180 body varial twist into a fakie swith foot karl, so good. amazing rider.

it's not bram, though i see where you'd think that since he's also a front wheel wizard but the guy i'm thinking of is japanese and he has a front brake and had a web video (youtube i believe) come out in the last year. i've seen it pop up on my fb newsfeed several months ago but can't remember from who or where. i hope someone can help. he can hold a the switchfoot karl position (like an endo) with the front brake locked for like 7 seconds, it's really impressive
i was kidding about bram...
yeah i know the rider you are saying,he was doing also a peg willie standing still for some seconds..i dont remember his name either

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »
Wasnt that guy in the last king of ground edits.
Not sure if it was expert or Pro class.
Search king of ground edits on flatmatters.

I know it is in one of them edits. Im just to lazy right now to find it myself.

Offline Huko

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 11:45:10 AM »
yorimitsu miyata 2012 - i 宮田頼光

cheers!

Offline kchez

• Backpacker
    • Phenomenon Designs
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »
yorimitsu miyata 01 2011 宮田 頼光

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 03:50:06 PM »
Yorimitsu Miyata!  That's who I was thinking of!

I hope that's who you were looking for.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »
Just watched this video on Facebook and knew immediately this was the guy Tim was talking about.  Holy cow, that is so rad!!
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Tim Knoll

• Forkglider
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 01:50:51 AM »
Yes! I knew I could count on the global community, thanks guys! I'm glad Yorimitsu decided to ride flat with his life, what a guy.

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 09:52:06 AM »
WOW!!!

Missed this that guy is RAD :-)

Offline londonflat

• Backpacker
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »
Saw these edits a while ago,sick bike control and unusual but good style too,thanks for sharing Tim ;D :beer:

Offline wesbmxr

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 05:38:14 PM »
very original, I dig it. A little old school flavor with a modern twist.