Author Topic: Terry Adams Bike Check  (Read 6062 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Terry Adams Bike Check
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »

Terry sent us this highly detailed bike check, including some dialed riding, and dope x-foot switch that may be new, and he talks about the one component that he's modified just for flatland. All filmed in his backyard flatland paradise.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Terry Adams Bike Check
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:28:41 PM »
He left out the pegs and freecoaster...

Phatman

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »
Yup! I shared this on FB & mentioned it was a little annoying he only listed parts from his sponsers.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »
It's a promo for Dan's! That makes perfect sense he listed the parts available at Dan's...

Phatman

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:29:45 PM »
You can get the KHE coaster (which im pretty sure he is running) at Dans & i dont have any idea about the pegs though? Trees possibly, which you can get at Dans too.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 10:29:59 PM »
I still have no idea why flatware doesn't have some pegs...  ???
It's such a simple part to make and everyone who rides flat uses them...
  :P

Some Plegs with knurling or griptape at least!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:33:18 PM by out~riding »

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 10:31:05 PM »
Good question!

Phatman

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 10:32:20 PM »
Totally agree, they have street pegs with lots of fancy machining inside them that are silly light weight, make them a tad longer, knurling, hell even grip tape! Piece of piss.

Offline dan4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 11:41:47 PM »
the company called FLATWARE  and they dont make two of the most common pieces of a flatland bike  pegs and freecoaster............
IF FLATLAND EVER HAS A DEBATE TEAM. I WANT T.J. PERRY AS MY CAPTAIN!!

Phatman

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 12:53:05 AM »
^ 100% agree with you, I can understand the Freecoaster situation. Odyssey are one to push the boundaries of parts, they would want to do something different not just another KHE Clone. I mean the fabled G-Sport Homercoaster is probably going to be their offer in the Freecoaster market but hell its been like 5 years & its no nearer to production than when it was 1st shown at Interbike yeeeears ago. Peg wise though, surprisingly there is quite alot you can do with them so i dont understand why they havent done them. Internal machining, tapered (like the London pegs) removable end caps, Butting, knurling, grip tape, Funky anodized colours.

Get on it Odyssey/Flatware!!

Offline Mr.Archon

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 09:27:21 AM »
The flatland market is a small one. why waste the time developing a peg that wont be able to turn a profit. I mean look at companies like HUCK. that's one of the best pegs ever designed and the owner's just sitting on 100's of them because the market isnt large enough to buy them *shrug*

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 02:28:18 AM »
I don't think you can compare Huck Industries and Oddy/Flatware...it's like comparing apples and oranges.  One is the biggest company in BMX, the other only offers pegs.  Pegs would be nice...I'll let the perfect the coaster before I run out and get another KHE clone. 

The reputation of Odyssey and Flatware is enough for me to purchase their products.  In my mind, they do it right.  Even the imperfect first edition of the Chase bars were not enough to keep me from trying out all their parts.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Kluny

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 06:09:36 AM »
For what it's worth, these are the pegs: http://flatlandfuel.com/infinitykapegs.aspx

I recognize em off my bike!

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 07:05:54 PM »
The flatland market is a small one. why waste the time developing a peg that wont be able to turn a profit. I mean look at companies like HUCK. that's one of the best pegs ever designed and the owner's just sitting on 100's of them because the market isnt large enough to buy them *shrug*

Waste time developing a peg?

It's the most simplest part to design... and they already have pegs - Gsport plegs, it's just a question of some knurling or griptape...

I'm sure it would turn a bigger profit than say there stem..

Anyway, it's good for other small companies that they don't have it.

Offline Leone4130

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 10:12:05 PM »
Yup, Waiting for odyssey to create a new flat peg. The last one was the odyssey Bigfoot peg (if I'm not mistaken) which I still run on one of my bikes. So it's nothing new, they've made flat specific pegs before, I'm hoping they'll make a new one sometime soon..

I remember on one of terrys older bike checks he listed the pegs as 'unknown' though they were clearly infinity pegs hehe. Anyway, leone likes the bike!