Author Topic: what size frame do I need?  (Read 3665 times)

Offline The apprentice

what size frame do I need?
« on: January 10, 2013, 03:27:12 AM »
Hi I am 6 ft tall and weigh 245 what size would be best iv heard the strowler is good for bigger guys ? Please help

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
Re: what size frame do I need?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 05:54:47 AM »
I'm 6' 2" and ride a 19.75 Strowler and it's the most roomy frame I've ever ridden.  It's kind of hard to find them though.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:28:20 AM »
I'm 6' 2" and ride a 19.75 Strowler and it's the most roomy frame I've ever ridden.  It's kind of hard to find them though.

yeah good choice. 19 inch or above
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Phatman

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 06:54:17 AM »
6 Foot & riding a 20" & building a 19.25" as mentioned dont bother with anything under 19" I myself would reccomend the Flatware Tango frame for numerous reasons. Geo, Warranty, Attention to detail to name a few.

Offline The apprentice

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:19:17 AM »
Thanks every one I bought a 2012  colony apprentice off craigslist for 400 and I'm having trouble clearing the tire and frame with my foot  I guess it's custom Bike time after some practice though again thanks for all and any advice.

Offline getzfafive

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 12:41:10 PM »
I'm 6 foot and ride a 20" top tube.

Offline 0cool

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 08:33:53 AM »
Funny I actually did the same thing and picked up a Colony Apprentice off craigslist. After I bought it, I was worried I bought a bike too small for me, but I guess it needs to be small for all the tricks. I'm 5'9 and 180lbs and a little unsure whether or not I need a bigger bike.

Any advice?
...because I spit hot fire!

Offline The apprentice

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 01:50:17 PM »
Iv watched a million flatland videos and have not seen one complete Bike not custom like the Colony or the DK opis
And so I think it's on the small side it's all about the Frame but let me know if you hear anything

Phatman

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 02:23:49 PM »
The reason you dont see complete bikes in edits is because 99% of the time you dont see a beginner edit & most of the time completes are for people just starting out. Im no pro but i like to have a bike that i have chosen every part myself, i like to put the bike together myself & depending on where you buy it from i can almost guarantee i could put it together better than the majority of shops. As i mentioned, as you progress with riding you will begin swapping parts out for aftermarket parts & eventually you will end up with a full custom which is what the majority of riders have done.

Offline 0cool

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 08:36:16 AM »
I mean I saw it was an 18.9, but then I was looking at most of the frames on Flatlandfuel, and they really only have 19 and 20's. I think I'm safe
...because I spit hot fire!

Offline The apprentice

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 01:12:45 AM »
Top is right thanks I'm in Seattle and I really want to see some flatland in person.....