Author Topic: Work space: Where do you work on your bike?  (Read 6605 times)

Offline das-owal

• Hitchhiker
Re: Work space: Where do you work on your bike?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »
When I'm riding and something is loose I fix it rigth away. Got all the tools needed with me ever (have a riding spot 1 hour away from home and there is nothing worse then to arrive there and find out something is loose). To build up the bike completly I do it in my living room because it's way cleaner than the garage...
... or maybe they are just little kids bikes and we should grow up!        Paul Osika

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 02:38:55 AM »
home work space
a fold up stand hiding somewhere too!

Work....Work space lol

Keep it flat!

Offline kchez

• Backpacker
    • Phenomenon Designs
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 01:30:54 PM »
My multiple personality garage at my shop, which is where I letter vehicles & pinstripe bikes, make crazy sh*te for my house, house my race cars, work on bikes, winter riding spot (the floor sucks) sometimes play music, etc. Don't have a space at home, just a shed that packed with crap and the wife probably wouldn't dig it if I was building bikes in the living room!

A goal is to build a building at home to move out of this space (which leaks like a sieve and has other issues, but is cheap and is all I've got at the moment) Looking to do a 30' X 40' two story w/ 14' garage door & a half loft and move my business there, but it's gonna be crazy expensive, like 20-25K easy with electric/ heat, permits, rezoning, etc. Will make for an awesome winter spot, though if I can get it done.

Offline Leone4130

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »
we need pics ! ! ! I'm in Barrie Ontario what city or town you in?

I'm in simcoe Ontario, you should come check out some of our jams we hold in the Toronto, brantford, and simcoe area. I'll upload some pics of my basement bike stash after work! Cheers

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 08:20:45 PM »
Work....Work space lol

I take it you work for halfords then ;-)

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 12:19:18 AM »
aye must be one of the very few employes who know what a bike actuly is,90% of bikehut are ripspeed(satnav) rejects who had no other option than to work with bikes... no wonder we get the piss ripped!
Keep it flat!

Offline Leone4130

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 12:31:54 AM »
we need pics ! ! ! I'm in Barrie Ontario what city or town you in?

I'm in simcoe Ontario, you should come check out some of our jams we hold in the Toronto, brantford, and simcoe area. I'll upload some pics of my basement bike stash after work! Cheers

Here is a pic of my downstairs space, well half of it. You can see these bikes:
-KGB Newconexion
-Flatware the waltz
-1999 Haro Master
-2003 Haro master M7
-2000 GT show
-another 2000 GT show
-Part of an ares ashura

Whats not shown (stored in the garage, or one of my sheds)
-1999 Dyno slammer
-2000 Dyno slammer
-1999 Hoffman EP
-1999 GT show
-1982 Schwinn thrasher
-wethepeople stud

I have some other flatland rigs I cant remember and a few other non-flatland bikes.. Space isn't big enough so the girlfriend and I are buying a house in about 4 months..STOKED

Cheers!!

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 03:53:38 AM »
HOLLY WET DREAM BATMAN ! ! ! I dont even have a bike anymore, I sold it to move to Canada.

I tried to go to the comp in Toronto in March but I couldnt afford it. I even asked Lea in the USA if I could used her bike to have a play in the Jam if I could make it but she didnt go in the end.
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline lawbmx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »
I'm a bike mechanic so just use my workshop at work, and my flat spot is right outside the door. Takes me less than 10 minutes to get there.
SOME PEOPLE DREAM OF SUCCESS ..... WHILE OTHERS WAKE UP EARLY AND SIMPLY GO FOR A RIDE

LOU4130

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 05:19:36 AM »
i just work on my living room floor. I wish i had a space like Leone4130. id love to have a couple of old Haro Masters  and a GT pro freestyle tour just to have...with as much NOS parts as possible. But in this place, i have no room! lol

Offline rawchild

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 05:13:20 PM »
That walts  is pretty.
Hey Meg...check this out.