Author Topic: Xfoot Hiker  (Read 7414 times)

Offline Flysharkz

• Funky Chicken
Xfoot Hiker
« on: December 25, 2012, 05:44:38 PM »
Anyone can pull it? What kind of trick i have to work ? Switch steamroller , switch karl? I'm tryng right leg forward and left leg behind...
Post yours videos doing xfoot hikers plz , i need help  ;D

RIDE HARD !

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: Xfoot Hiker
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »
Hi,
I can do x-footed hitchhikers, but I am not so good in x-footed halfhikers. In my opinion the x-footed halfhiker is more difficult than the x-footed hitchhiker.
When I learned regular hitchhikers it feld easier to go in from a steamroller (rolling on the left foot, left hand on left side of bar, right hand on seat, pulling the bike to the right (clockwise)). But when I learned the x-footed hitchhiker, it seemed easier to roll in from a switch footed karl kruzer. The latter was not so hard for me to learn.
I can not ride in with a whiplash and neither from a steamroller pulling the bike to the left. Both still seems very difficult to me.
For the kark kruzer ride in:
The critical point is to get used to the feeling of putting the left leg "behind and around" the tire to the peg. This seemed strange in the beginning, but after some time it worked. I recommend to hold the bike a little more to the right side (assuming you grab the tire with the right hand), so you have enough space to step on the ground in front of the handlebar with the right foot in case you fall forward. You should place both feet a little more to the outer end of the pegs because you need some space to clear the tire. Eventually you can twist your heels a little to the outside to have more space for the tire between you legs.
I would not roll too fast, you need some time to learn how to step out of this position...
When you hit the second peg (assuming it is your first double footed rolling trick) you will realise that it is different to balance because you have to put weight on the left foot when you want to lean on the right side, this will also take some time.
Have fun trying it!
I hope I could help you.

Offline Flysharkz

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:02:19 PM »
Mhmm i'm tryng to roll xfoot stemroller , no handed ofc , and seems hard  i cant make error , becouse tire hit my "side shins" , error in weight distribution i think , some time i have rolled for like 1meter , i dont know if is best to learn  this way or start to learning switch karl then go xfoot like you said ,btw i can do normal karl and hikers easly , thx for reply bro, yours replys are usefull ! Ride hard ( sorry for my eng hehe! )

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »
I am not sure if I can do a x-footed steamroller. I think even if the regular steamroller is much easier than a hitchhiker, the x-footed one is eventually even more difficult because you have not much space to move your legs back and forth for balancing. In the x-footed hitchhiker position this problem is less severe. So from that point of view the x-footed steamroller might be even more difficult than the x-footed hitchhiker, so eventually you can learn the latter first.
I would try how fast you can learn the switch footed karl kruzer. If this would not take too much time, it could be the fastest way to learn a ride-in for the x-footed hitchhiker.
But we are all different. Try what feels the best for you...

Offline Flysharkz

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 12:07:37 PM »
yeye , i feel that i dont have space in xfoot steamroller , today i focus on switch karl and try to cross my legs , i think like you said is the best way ! :)  thx for reply bro! Have a nice riding session !

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
I learned them a few years back and they are such a bitch. You have to be comfortable with switch footed karls before you even attempt the x hikers. When you're in the x hiker you have to trick your brain into thinking you're doing a regular hiker and apply even pressure between your feet. After that it's just practice.

X footed hiker Small | Large

Offline Flysharkz

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 08:21:01 AM »
nice ! Now i'm tryng directly in xfoot hiker , i have to learn the equal pressure of feets , the tire hit my legs and bike stops :P

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 03:05:28 PM »
Just another vid with a close up of your feet, first trick in the vid after intro

Battle At The Beach 2005 Bonus Section 10-11 Small | Large

You look like Marty McFly!

Offline Flysharkz

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 07:11:01 PM »
nice !!!! i think i have to do more practice , when i go xfoot halfiker ( hands on handlebar ) i make too much pressure whit my left foot (on right side) and tire go fully right hurting my leg , need more time  for this trick ! I WANT IT AND I HAVE IT.

Offline Mario Saldana

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
Here are my embarrassing process of it, till the day I landed it in my combo
stepping into it, this is the only day I did this, never spent another day stepping into xsteams. after this I went straight for pivots
First time x-hiker - Mario Alberto Saldana II

pivot, terrible footwork but getting it
I'm Finally Rolling X-hiker pivots! - Mario Alberto Saldana II

first time landing, pivots and footwork are smooth, I can roll it fine.
First Landed X-Hiker - Mario Alberto Saldana II

combo
WINNERS NEVER QUIT. QUITTERS NEVER WIN. - Mario Alberto Saldana II Small | Large
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:47:26 PM by Socal »
IG: mas_xiii

Offline Flysharkz

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 09:13:09 AM »
Nice progression bro , you know you are a pillar of my motivation , btw i'm Emmanuele Fluido on facebook ! ahhahaha  Respect the Mario ! it's a bitch of trick like 2flat2furious says , i'm kepping tryng  , best attempt i have roller xfoot hiker for some Cm , but i dont have control :( . I'm thinking to build a balance board and do some crossfoot over , i hope help whit xfoot weight distribution :0 .  When i got it , i post a video  !

Offline Flysharkz

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 07:22:42 PM »
How much time this fking trick requires , f*ck ! Requires  1 year :S !

Offline Flysharkz

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 08:42:53 PM »
ohhh nice ! First xfoot hiker progression !

D:

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 10:39:43 PM »
I hope it is not only caused by the x-footed hitchhiker practise...
What frame is it?

Offline Flysharkz

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 06:31:14 AM »
St martin evo 17.9" buyed used on global flat D:
i have to buy another backup frame :(