Author Topic: Matthias on HARO!  (Read 11251 times)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Matthias on HARO!
« on: December 14, 2012, 04:05:28 PM »
It's official:

MATTHIAS DANDOIS ON HARO!

For immediate release

World Champion Matthias Dandois joins HARO Bikes
Vista, Ca. 14 December 2012. Haro Bicycles announces the addition of Matthias Dandois as the newest member of Team Haro for 2013. Matthias hails from Paris, France and is no stranger on the freestyle scene. Few riders travel more than Matthias does, and also for 2013 Matthias has big plans. The 2012 World Champion in pro flatland doesn't stick to riding flatland alone. Matthias considers himself a rider and rides whatever is in front of him. His frame of choice is the HARO SD V2, a frame designed by Dennis Enarson.

"Having Matthias Dandois on HARO Bikes is great news for HARO's brand awereness in Europe. The well liked and approachable Frenchie is on the case non stop. From joining tours to doing demos, to entering contests to doing TV shows, Matthias does it all," says HARO's European Marketing manager Bart de Jong. "Matthias will come to a town near you in 2013."

Colin MacKay (HARO US TM) added: “I first saw Matthias in France battling his flatland skills against some break-dancers, I was amazed at his way of riding, no kicking and scuffing the tires like I used to see. He had a modern style and amazing flow. I got to know him over the last few years and I have often thought about him riding for Haro.
Now in 2012, Matthias has expanded his riding skills from just riding Flatland to also riding Street. He still regularly wins flat contests and travels the world riding BMX and having the time of his life. I’m really excited to have him on the team and look forward to seeing Matthias riding a Haro bike.”

In the short time that Matthias has been on board he has traveled to Japan for an event, has done a show for a major TV station in France and is preparing to go to Moscow for the Russian BMX Awards show. This is what Matthias Dandois has to say about his new ride: “Nobody has an idea how stoked I am to ride for Haro! First of all Haro is a legendary brand that gave so much for freestyle! Also, my riding has been changing a lot this past year: I try to ride a little bit of everything now so I needed a frame that actually fit my riding. The Haro SD V2 (Dennis Enarson signature frame) is perfect for me, I can ride Flat, Street, Park, whatever with it. I already had a couple of sessions on it and it feels amazing! And how cool is it to ride your friend's frame! Last but not least, the team is stacked with amazing riders that are all friends of mine. You can't go wrong roadtrippin' with your homies! I'm excited to say the least!”

Everyone at HARO would like to officially welcome Matthias to the HARO Bikes team.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:32:49 PM by out~riding »

Offline faqe

• Backpacker
Re: Matthias no HARO
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »
its not April yet..

byke

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »
Chad Degroot was the last big flat name I can remember who rode for Haro.
Lets hope they don't continue to go down this retro market route and rerelease a longer version and more modern day update of that green thing they sold back in 2002? That was Chads signature frame at the time.

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Matthias on Haro Bicycles
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »

The press release says it all: 'Haro Bicycles announces the addition of Matthias Dandois as the newest member of Team Haro for 2013. Matthias hails from Paris, France and is no stranger on the freestyle scene. Few riders travel more than Matthias does, and also for 2013 Matthias has big plans. The 2012 World Champion in pro flatland doesn't stick to riding flatland alone. Matthias considers himself a rider and rides whatever is in front of him. His frame of choice is the HARO SD V2, a frame designed by Dennis Enarson.

"Having Matthias Dandois on HARO Bikes is great news for HARO's brand awereness in Europe. The well liked and approachable Frenchie is on the case non stop. From joining tours to doing demos, to entering contests to doing TV shows, Matthias does it all," says HARO's European Marketing manager Bart de Jong. "Matthias will come to a town near you in 2013."

Colin MacKay (HARO US TM) added: “I first saw Matthias in France battling his flatland skills against some break-dancers, I was amazed at his way of riding, no kicking and scuffing the tires like I used to see. He had a modern style and amazing flow. I got to know him over the last few years and I have often thought about him riding for Haro. Now in 2012, Matthias has expanded his riding skills from just riding Flatland to also riding Street. He still regularly wins flat contests and travels the world riding BMX and having the time of his life. I’m really excited to have him on the team and look forward to seeing Matthias riding a Haro bike.”

In the short time that Matthias has been on board he has traveled to Japan for an event, has done a show for a major TV station in France and is preparing to go to Moscow for the Russian BMX Awards show. This is what Matthias Dandois has to say about his new ride: “Nobody has an idea how stoked I am to ride for Haro! First of all Haro is a legendary brand that gave so much for freestyle!  Also, my riding has been changing a lot this past year: I try to ride a little bit of everything now so I needed a frame that actually fit my riding. The Haro SD V2 (Dennis Enarson signature frame) is perfect for me, I can ride Flat, Street, Park, whatever with it. I already had a couple of sessions on it and it feels amazing! And how cool is it to ride your friend's frame! Last but not least, the team is stacked with amazing riders that are all friends of mine.  You can't go wrong roadtrippin' with your homies! I'm excited to say the least!”

Everyone at HARO would like to officially welcome Matthias to the HARO Bikes team.'

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 05:44:13 PM »
Matthias,
Haro fusion pegs v2 in 1.5 this time please  B) B)

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 06:08:10 PM »
Whore!

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 06:18:36 PM »
So how much do we speculate that contract cost Haro?

The most obvious marketing tactic I've seen in BMX for ages - I hope Haro sell a bunch of those SD frames to pay for it!

Big up MD tho - great way to make a living doing something you love. Very envious.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 06:20:46 PM »
I'm not just saying this either - I actually had no idea Haro still made any products aimed at actual BMX.

Thought they were a Walmart brand now.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline efxman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 06:36:35 PM »
Actually It is a smart move for Haro.  I was looking through a Dan's Comp magazine last night and when you look at street frames in general they all look alike yet they all charge around $350 for a frame.  Then on the same page are two Haro frames, same angles, made of 4130 CroMo and only cost $160.  To me there stuff is as good as anyone elses but because of the lower price people shy away from it thinking it's not good.  I think with some big names like Matthias it will bring credibility to them again.  Also they have McCoy back on their team.  I for one think Haro is on track, they are supporting riders and glad to see Matthias making a living at it.  Also calling Matthias a whore for signing this sort of deal is retarded, how is it being a whore for being paid for what you love doing.  He is on Haro not Huffy.  I will agree with EZChris though that Haro needs to now step up the product line and not fall back on their past.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Matthias on HARO!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 06:37:59 PM »
So how much do we speculate that contract cost Haro?

The most obvious marketing tactic I've seen in BMX for ages - I hope Haro sell a bunch of those SD frames to pay for it!

Big up MD tho - great way to make a living doing something you love. Very envious.

Will he have his own signature frame? I think they will probably end up making one.

He's not "full factory" as he is still riding for Odyssey...

so will Haro make some flat parts? ... I don't know ...

Offline pwh4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 06:58:09 PM »
So guys bitch when flatland riders can't get a bigger sponsor. Now they butch about the company that picked him up. WTF do you want?  Be happy for him. Be happy for Haro. Or don't say anything because how much does it really impact your life?  I work for Haro and am glad to see them pick him up. Glad Colin could work this.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 11:25:22 PM »
Normally I don't care nor even know who's sponsored by whom anymore, but Matthias on HARO?  That's awesome!

Offline Kouto

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »
I think the "whore" posts are jokes.

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 07:01:40 AM »
Yes, I was just kidding

why so serious?

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 10:07:11 AM »
big congrats to matthias.

@ byke:
are you refering to the big-daddy knock-off? with the exception of the seatstay wishbone and the platforms of the earlier models...

@wolverines:
i think they (haro) did release 1.5" x 4" alloy fusion flatland pegs. they are fairly common over here, still sold by certain bike shops with older stock.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:53:06 AM by K.Wong »