Author Topic: Breaking News: Team Pralex Becomes a Celestial Body - The #Pralex Star Interview.  (Read 8965 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat

This is both awesome and unprecedented in the world of Flatland. Joe Cicman buys #pralex star to celebrate for all eternity the awesomeness that is Team Pralex. Tonight, when you look up to the sky, know that Team Pralex is watching over you. Check out my exclusive interview with Joe and Team Pralex, including a picture of the Star, after the jump.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:39:09 PM by jm »

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
I want what these guy's are smoking..
Flat-ism

Offline Moya-1

• Cliffhanger
me too

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant

gf: Well first of all, tell me a little bit about your star and how it was chosen?

Joe C:Firstly, it's on the Orion constellation, which is the most conspicuous and visible throughout the world. Fitting to say the least.

gf: I don't know too much about astronomy, but can you give some coordinates or something like that so people can find it?

Joe C: Right ascension 5h 15m 58s Declination: 0° 31' 49"

gf: Team Pralex is already a huge star on Planet Earth; what's it like being immortalized in the heavens?

Prasheel:  It truly leaves me speechless. I was in disbelief when, over breakfast the day after Mark and I visited Joe for a surprise birthday visit, he told me about it. It was only this morning when I saw the official document did it really sink in.

gf: How did this actually come about? Why a star?

Mark K: When its midnight at Chenga after 6 hours of riding,the only natural thing to do is to talk about the future value of stars.

Prasheel: I think the topic was originally brought up after Joe's birthday Chenga session, and I commented that having a star named after me would be amazing. After Joe stayed up late to edit his cruiser footage, he apparently named a star.

Joe C: Stars have so much significance both symbolically and physically. For instance they are the source of all matter in the universe. They pair the smallest atoms (hydrogen) together into helium and release massive energy. Every other atom is a recombination of this essential 1+1 process.

gf: That's deep Joe

Joe C: And yet, when we watch the genesis and outcome of Pralex, it is right in front of our eyes. Pralex opens our eyes.

gf: It's a pretty brilliant way to immortalize Pralex also. We have few ways as humans to link each other together for any length of time with certainty; even marriage ends in death, but this is bigger than that. How do you guys feel about being connected for basically all eternity?

Prasheel: It feels the same really. Alex and I have matching tattoos, and Mark is clearly a very close friend to both of us, so I can't imagine either friendship ending before death. Even then, the #pralex legacy should continue, but if it ever does, one look in to the stars will remind everyone of who we are, and what we've accomplished.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
Has uranus...got anything todo with this?
Flat-ism

Offline keith

• Hitchhiker
Wow, really cool that #pralex is so deep in space.  Balls deep.

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
Man, why are people still paying to name stars?  It's a scam, pure and simple and it has been known for 20+ years.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-05-08/news/31621167_1_names-stars-social-security-number

and from 2001...
http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2001/12/49345

Hell, I'll take your money (or parts) and let you name one too!

Offline trevoro

• Cliffhanger
You guys are the best.

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
Wow, really cool that #pralex is so deep in space.  Balls deep.

In that case space may be closer than we think...... #smallballs

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
Anything the PRALEX does is puro oro solido!! Right on!!
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
12 likes for this thread btw
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
don't know why, but it reminds me of the movie 'dumb and dumber'