Author Topic: Quad Decade by Kenshiro Ojima - Who else did one?  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Quad Decade by Kenshiro Ojima - Who else did one?
« on: December 06, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »

Ha! It's a quad decade! How many of those do you get to see?! We remember the one
Chase Small | Large
did. Who else did a quad decade?

Props to Spaceark rider Kenshiro Ojima! Do you need help learning decades? Check the trick section: Decade How To Videos.

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
Re: Quad Decade by Kenshiro Ojima - Who else did one?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »
Damn!  :beer:

He looks really controlled on those too.  Chase had to power through them, which is no small feat, it just looks cool in a different way.

I bet he could do more than 4 at some point with that much control.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 09:54:09 PM »
What the hell! I am so happy to see someone doing this trick which is so rare today.
I was lucky to land a few triple decades and once switched the feet after the third one, but I was never close to four. A friend of mine I used to ride with was very clos to a quad decade some years ago, but he doesn't do multiple decades anymore.
According to rumors Pal Gyenes did them and I think there was a video where Jason Brown showed one, but I don't know the name.
This trick is really difficult! I am surprised by the slow speed he has. Definitely not easier that way...

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »
Don't forget John Yull too, he's in the quad club.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 10:11:26 PM »
That's cool. I have only seen later videos from him when he rides breakless.
I am really interested in if there is someone here at GF who did one. I think most people who worked on double decades seriously did a triple one day, but quad decades are really rare.
BITD when Hungary was a decade-country, I believe there must have been some guys besides Pal how did at least triple decades. Peter Szabolsci?
I am not sure, but I think Ralf Maier (he is not riding anymore I think, he had a great influence on the German scene (on magazines for example and Cologne contests)) once has told me that he has done a quad decade one time.
Dominik Nekolny borrowed my bike because of the back brake at one of the OG Gypsy Games and did a double decade after some minutes. He told me he has done triple decades in the past.

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 10:48:45 PM »
I know a bit off topic (a bit) but was there a guy (from the UK) that pulled a double rollaid?

Swear i seen it on someone's FB page a few months ago. (and if i am not mistaken Brandon Fenton  gave some sort of advice on seat positioning or height...sorry Brandon if this was not you)

Also i think Chase did his perverted to regular , and the other rider was doing it from back pegs only.

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 01:17:37 AM »
Steve mulder has as well there's video somewhere

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »

Very cool and super controlled.  That trick is so hard it almost went extinct.  Among even great riders, very few can hit 3's consistently, let alone 4 or 5.  It's like pulling a 900 on vert - most people won't even go near it.   It's exhausting to try it and it takes such precision.   

I landed ONE 3, in 1994, on my 18th birthday, pretty much by accident.  I did a fast double and had enough momentum to keep going.  I used to hit doubles reasonably often but that was the last triple I ever landed. 

Multiple decades are more or lessTHE reason I still have back brakes. 

Kent Pearson used to be able to do 3's almost on call, which is pretty amazing. 

Steve Roy did 5 back in the 90's I think.   

The guy that did the double rolaid was Ross Smith.  I've never seen anyone else do one. 

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 07:40:10 PM »
1999 - 2Hip Contest USA - Escondido/Ca - UNEDITED Small | Large

double rolaid at 9:35

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 11:55:45 AM »
D, I can totally understand you, for me it is the same: I have a back brake for decades...
How could I forget Steve Roy? He was very good with decades.
Wasn't it Kent Pearson who did a triple decade after a bet about 5 $ at the end of one of the Intrikat videos? I guess it was one of the Land Escape videos, I am not sure. He must be very consistent with triple decade which is amazing!
I can not compare the feeling of pulling a triple decade to any other trick. It is awesome.