Author Topic: Standard Bykes flatland frame!  (Read 72621 times)

Offline i_cant_ride

• Hitchhiker
Re: Standard Bykes flatland frame!
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2012, 04:30:48 PM »
I haven't said anything that Rick hasn't told me. Unfortunately due to nay sayers, Something like this will lose steam rather than gain momentum. Rather than giving input that can be worked with, it becomes a pissing contest.give legitimate input rather than posting how great your unridden bike is based on how much you paid for it.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2012, 08:49:15 AM »
i do not know who to believe...

gimmicks? pls specify... a tao front end a gimmick? a pierced t.t to seat tube juncture a gimmick?

like i said previously:

both s&m/ intrikat and sbc annouced a flatland frame project around the same time, s&m/ intrikat is in fifth production run and it seems to be selling, so...

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2013, 06:23:33 AM »

gimmicks? pls specify... a tao front end a gimmick? a pierced t.t to seat tube juncture a gimmick?

like i said previously:

both s&m/ intrikat and sbc annouced a flatland frame project around the same time, s&m/ intrikat is in fifth production run and it seems to be selling, so...

A little style on the frame nothing wrong with that. If Standard just wants to make a regular bmx frame then best ofluck. Im sure they got loyal followers and the new frame will sell well. But me,i Like the gimmick so i guess ill have to go with an Intrikat.
One Last Ride.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2013, 09:38:27 AM »
me too (somewhat...) - i don't see a point in going back to what in essence is 1980s frame design, and that in itself is a gimmick and pandering to trend whores.
i mean riders migrated away from small pegs and diamond frames for function reasons which are still valid today.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2013, 10:01:21 AM »
I like to stand out a bit from the crowd. When my bike is on the ground with other bikes i want to be able to tell it apart from all others even with a minimal detail. I swear i have a hard time telling all new diamond frames apart. 
Anyways i don't want to offend any one w/my dislike of bmx style frames. I just like mine w/some details.
My opinion,Old school In me.
One Last Ride.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »

like i said previously:

I agree with you on certain features not necessarily being gimmicks. Certain features may add strength. In my experience riding BMX about 12 years, I have had issues with the cracking the upper seattube junction riding flatland or street.

I specifically remember my TerribleOne frame with its unique junction holding up to lots of abuse versus the regular "tucked" or "overlapped" styles of welding the upper seattube junction that are prone to cracking (fatigue) or snapping.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2014, 03:49:55 PM »
Not exactly a flatland frame..
but here's a STA frame, Freestyle fork with brake mounts and 4 pc. bars from Standard today:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:06:21 PM by out~riding »

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2014, 04:05:48 PM »
nice!

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »
Quote from: Standard's facebook
Another rack of mild to wild customs. Each one of these takes a great deal of time to build correctly. Sometimes it takes a while to get them done. We do our best. You wouldn't want us to rush yours would you? LOL! A lot of wildness in here if you look closely. T.G.I.F. shop shot! Have a great weekend!

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2014, 04:31:37 PM »
Frame stand? Modern Shorty?
One Last Ride.

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2014, 04:51:34 PM »
Frame stand? Modern Shorty?

no, its a repop trickstar

Offline stuntnuts

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »
Man, one-off customs are really the only thing keeping that company on life support.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »
Standard makes Reklamation's stuff.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2014, 08:41:14 PM »
Man, one-off customs are really the only thing keeping that company on life support.

I wouldn't say they are on "life support", they seem very busy and build a lot of parts for other company's.

Offline stuntnuts

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2014, 09:14:30 PM »
I wouldn't say they are on "life support", they seem very busy and build a lot of parts for other company's.

I suppose I mean bicycles that are branded as Standards. The Standard Bykes brand is pretty much dead, no? The only frames I see come out of that shop w/ Standard badging are customs and a small handful of STA's.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:22:19 PM by stuntnuts »