Author Topic: Standard Bykes flatland frame!  (Read 72622 times)

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: Standard Bykes flatland frame!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 03:03:06 PM »
Hi,

it looks nice from what I can see. I personally like removable mounts and do not see problems with it. Definitely the dropout should be long! At least like they are on the Flatware frames. The short size of the dropouts of the S&M frames are a killer argument for me not to buy one of these.
I also would prefer Spanish BB.
19.25" TT or a littel longer would be nice, CS around 13"... HT 75 or 74.5 for TJ  ;D

Offline i_cant_ride

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »
Keep the input coming guys! For those concerned with weight, mine weighed in at 3lbs 15oz before powder. This thing is plenty light.

Offline i_cant_ride

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 03:32:51 PM »
Keep in mind, this is MY custom. The actual production version will vary based on the input given.

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 04:13:49 PM »
I really like the white decals on RAW.

me too

Offline Joshua S.

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
    • Modern Bikes BMX
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »
HOLY CRAP! THAT'S A NICE RIDE i_cant_ride!

don't get me wrong, sbc fan here; but it's..... kind'a ho-hum, lazy even.
there's nothing to distinguish it visually from run-of-the-mill taiwanese/ generic usa-made diamond frame other than the stickers.
(think of mercedes, porsche >> sta or tao's gusset style)
the geometry is pretty standard (pun unintended), it's not anti-rust treated and if it's priced above flatware's tango, waltz v2, jungle rider's holiday, i don't see a big market for it like the shorty and tao was for standard bykes.
and if ox platinium is as strong as it is, why 0.49 tubing thickness throughtout? heavy won't it be?

Hey, have you ever ridden a Standard Frame? They are solid. They feel better than any Taiwan frame I've ridden. I went with them because they can get them lighter than Taiwan frames and still be stronger.
Just a question, what is boring, lazy, standard about it? It has everything the frames have today. And if they do hit the market, which is full of clones, how many people would jump at a chance to get one? Did you see the Standard Bykes post awhile back? Alot of people were wanted Rick to build one.
The S&M Intrikat frame came out awhile back and people are STILL buying those up. Riders know quality when they see it.
 I recently went to the Trans Jam BMX Contest in Greenville, NC and there were at least 4 people that had them. The Intrikat has everything that frames have today and even the extra tube at the downtube for clearance but Stronger. It's simple, up to date, and solid/strong. I would take that over stylish bent tube frame any day/everyday. Plus, it's handmade in the USA!
Thanks!
Modern Bikes is all about YOU the rider:
www.modernbikesbmx.com

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 08:09:59 PM »
I personally like removable mounts and do not see problems with it. Definitely the dropout should be long! At least like they are on the Flatware frames. The short size of the dropouts of the S&M frames are a killer argument for me not to buy one of these.

I've got to agree on the dropouts.  The ones on the Intrikat are useless, they could have just drilled holes in them.

I realize I'm in the minority, but I've seen several people getting customs with longer chainstays because of this.

It doesn't seem like a huge market, but having dropouts with room for adjustment would sure help.

Now that someone pointed out the size of the Flatware drops, it's back on my radar along with the Ketch Karma (13.6" cs).

I'm fine with removable mounts too.

byke

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 11:31:57 PM »
I went with them because they can get them lighter than Taiwan frames and still be stronger.

God you spew some rhetorical bullsh*t, jingo bollocks at times.
But rather than get into an argy bargy on your statement.
Simply prove your statement instead of quoting other people. Use facts.

Taiwan is a country, and SBC is a single frame builder.
Claiming that 1 frame builder is better than a whole nation consisting of numerous materials, technology, experienced labour is better than 1 company using a stock material is retarded.

You knowledge and statements on manufacturing is extremely naive.
Especially if you base performance purely on 1 material.

Yes SBC make nice simple frames.
But claiming they can make stronger and lighter frames than the whole industry in Taiwan is dumb.

Offline suicidepan

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 12:03:00 AM »
I designed a flatland frame for rick to build me eight months ago and this looks like a copy of my frame with very slight differences. Not trying to burst your bubble but .............
  This is my new full custom Standard "Super D" flatland frame designed by me. I`ve been wanting a frame built to my specs for a long long time and after alittle over eight months of waiting patiently I now have it !!! This is probably without a doubt the smallest flatland frame Standard has ever built and is one of only five in existence with the custom headtube that it has, this one is #004 of five made. I like short bikes there quick and responsive I`ve listed the specs below but if your wondering "How short is it ?" Hows a 18" toptube, 11.75" chainstay and 7" standover height !!!! and it only weighs 3lbs 13oz. This is not a pit bike frame it is a full sized 20" wheel flatland frame. Still waiting on the decals the bike as it sits weighs 19lbs.

It`s raining here today so sorry for the terrible pics.

Removable rear brake cable guide on bottom of top tube the standard threaded adjustable style 
Stand over height    7"       
Head Tube Integrated
Down Tube Diameter 1.50″
Top Tube Diameter 1.25″
Bottom bracket Type Mid
Seat Tube Size 25.4″, Externally butted
Seat Stay O.D. 3/4″
Chain Stay O.D. 3/4″
Brake Mount Location under Seat Stays Removable
Head tube Angle 74
Seat Tube Angle 71.0
Rear End Length-Slammed 11.75" slammed   
Top Tube Length 18.0"
Bottom Bracket Height 11 1/2″
Drop Out Thickness 3/16″ and able to except 1.50 dia pegs   
Axle Slot Size 3/8"
Gyro Tabs Optional removable
Weight 3lbs 13oz !!!!
Customization    Serial Number on bottom bracket  >>>>>>>>>>>> Made by R Moliterno
                                                                                                                        For
                                                                                                                     Super D
"Standard" Raised logo head tube 1 of 5 made
Integrated seat clamp
Max sprocket size 22t
Max tire size 20 x 1.75
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:51:31 AM by suicidepan »

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 12:12:41 AM »
The heat exchange from the welding on the headtube badge looks killer! Also one other cosmetic feature that can not really be completely duplicated!  Super Cool!

Offline i_cant_ride

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 12:33:15 AM »
I designed a flatland frame for rick to build me eight months ago and this looks like a copy of my frame with very slight differences. Not trying to burst your bubble but .............
  This is my new full custom Standard "Super D" flatland frame designed by me. I`ve been wanting a frame built to my specs for a long long time and after alittle over eight months of waiting patiently I now have it !!! This is probably without a doubt the smallest flatland frame Standard has ever built and is one of only five in existence with the custom headtube that it has, this one is #004 of five made. I like short bikes there quick and responsive I`ve listed the specs below but if your wondering "How short is it ?" Hows a 18" toptube, 11.75" chainstay and 7" standover height !!!! and it only weighs 3lbs 13oz. This is not a pit bike frame it is a full sized 20" wheel flatland frame. Still waiting on the decals the bike as it sits weighs 19lbs.

It`s raining here today so sorry for the terrible pics.

Removable rear brake cable guide on bottom of top tube the standard threaded adjustable style 
Stand over height    7"       
Head Tube Integrated
Down Tube Diameter 1.50″
Top Tube Diameter 1.25″
Bottom bracket Type Mid
Seat Tube Size 25.4″, Externally butted
Seat Stay O.D. 3/4″
Chain Stay O.D. 3/4″
Brake Mount Location under Seat Stays Removable
Head tube Angle 74
Seat Tube Angle 71.0
Rear End Length-Slammed 11.75" slammed   
Top Tube Length 18.0"
Bottom Bracket Height 11 1/2″
Drop Out Thickness 3/16″ and able to except 1.50 dia pegs   
Axle Slot Size 3/8"
Gyro Tabs Optional removable
Weight 3lbs 13oz !!!!
Customization    Serial Number on bottom bracket  >>>>>>>>>>>> Made by R Moliterno
                                                                                                                        For
                                                                                                                     Super D
"Standard" Raised logo head tube 1 of 5 made
Integrated seat clamp
Max sprocket size 22t
Max tire size 20 x 1.75
you're not bursting any bubbles dude, that odds a tight ride. Congrats!

Offline anthony

• Backpacker
  • You live for something or die for nothing....
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 01:15:12 AM »
Why after getting another frame this came out????why? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:42:35 PM by anthony »

Offline suicidepan

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 02:04:25 AM »
Why after get a another frame this came out????why??????????

This question doesn`t make any sense

Offline i_cant_ride

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 02:55:58 AM »
Any other thoughts on what you guys want to see? Rick wanted me to stress that he's open to suggestions

Offline Joshua S.

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
    • Modern Bikes BMX
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 04:35:28 AM »
The heat exchange from the welding on the headtube badge looks killer! Also one other cosmetic feature that can not really be completely duplicated!  Super Cool!

Yes!

@suicidepan The colors on that reminds me of a rainbow. ;) Very Nice frame! I like the setup also.
Modern Bikes is all about YOU the rider:
www.modernbikesbmx.com

Offline suicidepan

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 05:02:08 AM »

Yes!

@suicidepan The colors on that reminds me of a rainbow. ;) Very Nice frame! I like the setup also.

Thank you I like it also, every nut and bolt on the bike even the ones you can`t see are rainbow Ti the stem is a new piece so it doesn`t have the rainbow Ti bolts yet. The raw heat coloring with the rainbow Ti go perfect together I like the pic of the crank arm the colors look great. The profile/nankai freecoaster hub is a very trick piece also it was alittle over $400 to build the hub. The hub has a london Ti axle, custom machined Ti slack spacer, Blue Six Ti nuts, Full Ceramic bearings, clearanced 9T driver for smoother chain running, Quamen deco cap, and 36h Profile/Nanaki shell, it runs like a swiss watch.