Author Topic: nyc indoor spot???  (Read 7658 times)

Offline flalandflow

• Hitchhiker
nyc indoor spot???
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:38:10 PM »
anywhere to ride for the winter  indoors  ? does anyone know of any spot  would even consider renting
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:17:52 AM by khe killah »

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
Re: nyc indoor spot???
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »
I asked about this too, but haven't had any luck finding anything. Maybe bribe a parking garage attendant?

Offline kchez

• Backpacker
    • Phenomenon Designs
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 07:21:26 PM »
I've been trying hard to find a place in Central Jersey, but not having much luck. Skateparks are short on space unless their empty and that's not usually the case in the winter.

Offline flalandflow

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 09:58:15 PM »
wow so many places in the city  and not one for bmxers at winter  we should start something collectivley

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 10:19:06 PM »
I think we may be too spread out to do anything viable. Not to poo-poo the idea too much though because I'd freaking love it. I'd take a couple trains to ride somewhere on the weekends at least. There are indoor basketball and tennis courts around, but seems unlikely they'd want us around.

Offline MAYTRICKS

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 11:03:57 PM »

Van Courtlandt park handball courts in the Bronx are heaven this time of year if anyone's interested and as long as the weather permits. Courts are typically free this time of year and well lit until about 10pm.

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 03:41:06 AM »
Yeah? You riding there this weekend? For some reason all the handball courts over here all seem to have these big 1.5" seams between the concrete. I'd love to ride a proper flat spot for a change. I've been meaning to check out Flushing too but haven't got a chance. I haven't found anything great at all here in Brooklyn. There are plenty of mediocre spots though.

Offline fer40

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 07:14:43 AM »
Yeah? You riding there this weekend? For some reason all the handball courts over here all seem to have these big 1.5" seams between the concrete. I'd love to ride a proper flat spot for a change. I've been meaning to check out Flushing too but haven't got a chance. I haven't found anything great at all here in Brooklyn. There are plenty of mediocre spots though.
if you are coming over to flushing letme know i call frank ,antonio and schott.

Offline MAYTRICKS

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »

Three And Counting on Vimeo

I wasn't planning on riding this weekend but would make the effort.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:09:12 PM by MAYTRICKS »

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 05:56:55 PM »
Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice weather so I'd love to get up there and try it. Maybe sometime around noon or early afternoon. I'll post tomorrow morning whether I am for sure or not.

Offline fer40

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 06:17:06 PM »
Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice weather so I'd love to get up there and try it. Maybe sometime around noon or early afternoon. I'll post tomorrow morning whether I am for sure or not.
ok good i be there anytime

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
Well I meant Van Cortlandt park tomorrow, but whichever is cool I guess. Hmm.

Offline fer40

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 06:39:25 PM »
Well I meant Van Cortlandt park tomorrow, but whichever is cool I guess. Hmm.
ok i ment flushing where are you? is very easy to get here flushing just the 7 train to citifiel that it

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 06:55:27 PM »
I'm in Brooklyn near the new Nets arena. Looks like it'd take about the same amount of time as getting to the Bronx.

Maybe I'll come up to Flushing instead since Maytricks wasn't really planning on riding this weekend. Where do you all ride? At Flushing Meadows park?

Offline fer40

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 07:01:34 PM »
Yea i ride in flushing all the time whith antonio but frank macchio and schott they live another 25 minutes away if i call them they come