Author Topic: Two Different Tyre Sizes?!  (Read 6644 times)

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Two Different Tyre Sizes?!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »
Honestly, just drop the pressure about 10 psi. That helps when riding on slick surfaces OR mop with straight soda on the floor. Seriously man, the 1.75's are dope and Plyte already have the softer, lighter casing, just not the Kevlar bead. You can learn the balance and angles, then go from there.

Hope that helps!!!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline PandaDust

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 08:33:34 PM »
Honestly, just drop the pressure about 10 psi. That helps when riding on slick surfaces OR mop with straight soda on the floor. Seriously man, the 1.75's are dope and Plyte already have the softer, lighter casing, just not the Kevlar bead. You can learn the balance and angles, then go from there.

Hope that helps!!!

Ye man didn't think off that thanks! I'll try them with 80 psi but if not I'll ride with the 1.95s at 100psi or even 120. Thanks bud.

Offline londonflat

• Backpacker
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »
Let us know how you get on dude.

Offline PandaDust

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 05:42:57 PM »
Hey guys Update!

I rode with the 1.75 for 10 mins and tried barely craving but still slipped. (Most likely down to how I'm doing it).

After an hour or so I managed to change the tire -_- and it feels alot better. It gives me a lot more room for error and feels good. Thanks everyone for your in-puts.

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »
FYI, running a smaller tire back and a bigger tire in front will make the bike tilt up slightly, making the head angle of your frame feel a BIT more mellow.  Not enough to jump up and down about but something to keep in mind and it will make the bike feel just a tiny bit different when you are on both wheels.  Big tire in back and small in front will have the opposite effect.  Keep in mind this is only when both tires are on the ground though so maybe it doesn't matter.