Author Topic: Last Thirty - Of Thirties  (Read 4557 times)

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
Last Thirty - Of Thirties
« on: October 20, 2012, 01:24:54 AM »
  With my 40th B-day a week away, I wanted to make a last edit for my thirties. I created a thirty clip edit without any video effects or extra non riding scenes.  Just a fast paced, clip after clip style, of some of my tricks of 2012.  Heavy on brakeless decades, since one of the decades in my life is coming to an end.  In order to fit the 30 clips into a reasonable length, I used many shorter tricks, and didn't use really long combos.

This year I rode brakeless quite a bit, although some clips I do have a front brake only.  All the decade / Smith decade stuff, boomerangs, and pinkie squeaks are brakeless.  Some of the tricks I came up with myself and have never seen anyone do.  The no kick double turbined one handed steam at 4:50 is my invention, along with the original combo at 2:45 and a few other things I've never seen done before...

Hope everyone enjoys the video!

Last Thirty - Of Thirties on Vimeo

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Last Thirty - Of Thirties
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 05:16:07 AM »
Can you post this video over at bmx-museum and just say "the f*ck are you people doing in here".

so nice. so rad.

Offline anthony

• Backpacker
  • You live for something or die for nothing....
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 05:44:45 AM »
so goooddd brooo, nice man nice...

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Video: Jeff Scheer's Last Thirty - Of Thirties
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 09:00:31 AM »
Our forum member Jeff will turn 40 next week and posted this video to say bye bye to the thirties! You can find his comment in the forum.

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 02:42:10 PM »
Awsome links!

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »
Inspiring as always... happy birthday man and congrats on still kicking ass.  :beer:

Offline londonflat

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »
One of  the nicest edits ive seen for a while and sick links dude,happy birthday for next week  :beer: ;D

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 02:47:57 AM »
  Thanks guys,  I really appreciate the comments!  Helps improve my motivation. :beer:

I mean no disrespect to the bmx-museum enthusiasts or old school riders that just have some fun doing there old tricks when I say this below.

@ TJ  Your comment made me laugh harder than I think I have all year. lol!  Honestly, I think I've only had that site on my screen once.  Not really my thing, although I did have some old school riding flavor in this edit too.  I may be able to pass my frame off as an old GT since it has the bend in the downtube, ha! 

I understand your point, that you would rather have riders pushing their riding and learning new things instead of working on old bikes and staying within their comfort zone of older tricks.  I agree, but
people should do what they enjoy I guess.. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 03:08:36 AM by flaTTech »

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 04:22:47 AM »
This video and your riding absolutely kills it Jeff.  Thanks for not being another old dude, but pushing yourself and your riding.  Much RESPECT, can't wait for your video when you turn 50!  Happy birthday dude. 

Nice way to incorporate Boomerankles and some older tricks in there! B)
"A puppet no more!"

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 01:45:36 AM »

Thanks Tod!  I'm sure there are a lot of older riders out there pushing there riding.  I can think of a bunch of them of the top of my head, just by seeing the level they are at.  Although, riders at any level can be pushing themselves harder than anyone knows, to progress or even maintain the tricks they already do, only they really know..

Anyways, we are not old yet.  At work I'm the youngest one there..  On here, I'm one of the old guys, ha!

Glad you noticed, the boomerankles were for you Tod, in the one scene I left my foot in that position looked at the camera and thought "are you seeing this Tod?"  ;D

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »
very nice jeff
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 03:13:06 AM »
without any video effects or extra non riding scenes.

I haven't even watched it yet but I already think it's awesome

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 01:57:16 AM »
 Thanks Bryan  :beer:

without any video effects or extra non riding scenes.

I haven't even watched it yet but I already think it's awesome

I think there is a place for all kinds of different edits in flatland, including "artsy" edits with non riding scenes and effects.  I enjoy them all.  I tend to make mine with just riding.  It depends on my mood what I want to see, but usually I prefer to see mainly the riding..

I'm really happy about the positive response this video has received. :)

Offline Luke

• Forkglider
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 04:38:48 PM »
yea Jeff keep rocking it!

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 02:29:10 AM »
I plan to, you do the same Luke !