Author Topic: Ask Chase Gouin anything  (Read 12612 times)

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
Ask Chase Gouin anything
« on: October 04, 2012, 08:22:01 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm running a radio show here in Costa Rica which is about action sports and urban music. I e-mailed Chase to ask him about the possibility of having him as my first special guest for an interview and he said YES. So here's the deal... I want you to participate in this interview by posting something you would like to ask him. The deadline for the questions will be October 10th. Chase and I will select the best questions for the interview. The show will be in English and Spanish this time.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:32:42 AM by Luis Elías »

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
Re: Ask Chase Gouin anything
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 08:42:39 AM »
By the way, the radio station is online, so you will be able to listen to the interview when it's ready www.ondabravaradio.com

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 08:45:49 AM »
wow, coolness.

my question:

if given a chance to go back in time to re-live any period of his life, would he?
if it's not to personal to share - when, where, how and why.

even if the question doesn't get picked, i'd like to thank Chase for the inspiration he has been to me when i was a teen; i'm still able to ride to this day and not in prison thanks in part to him and the friends i've made while riding.

k, from singapore.

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Ask Chase Gouin anything
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »
Luis Elías is running an online radio show called "Cultura Alternativa," which is about extreme sports and urban music. He is planning to interview Chase Gouin for one of the following episodes of the show and he decided that you can contribute by posting something you would like to know about Chase on the forum: Ask Chase Anything. The release of this episode will be announced as soon as the interview is ready.

Furthermore a letter from Chase was posted on the Odyssey Flatware blog. Looks like he is doing much better and is riding a lot again: "I am reasonably confident enough to now say that i have made significant improvement in all areas relating to my illnesses. I have practiced for hours at a time for days in a row recently, without any symptoms returning. I hope that this little bit of tentative good news will become a consistent reality for me. I plan on continuing to ride and get most of my basic tricks back, as well as come up with some different variations, both of which I have already done with some success within only one week of my abrupt start to regular practice after nearly 3 years. Hopefully a short video edit will soon follow."

Offline Booroo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »
Get well Chase!
Better to ride not so smooth but with your own style, than trying to be a copy.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 01:59:41 PM »
We're all just hoping his health improves and affordable remedies are found for his sicknesses.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »
Great to hear Chase is riding again!!
Will there be a New Chase signature frame out in the future? That's my question!
Keep up the Health Improvement!
 ;D :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: B)
One Last Ride.

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 09:40:39 PM »
CHASE : if you were asked to fill in the words in a dictionnary for the word "flatland", what would you write ?

CHASE : what single trick gives you the best feeling when you do it ?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:42:53 PM by jpoliti »

Offline TRUTH1970

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
HELL YES!  Chase back on his his bike- best news ive read in a long time. how are you dealing with your health issues mentally? ive had alot of health problems(spine injuy etc ) and not being able to push myself riding wise is so frustrating . all the best Chase.

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 03:03:24 AM »
Keep the questions coming, guys. Last night I had a skype conversation with him and he's psyched about the interview.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 04:13:30 AM »
Question:  Beside the obvious like new tricks and progression...what has flatland given you, or taught you?  Are the motives to ride selfish?  What are your reasons for riding?
"A puppet no more!"

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 06:40:11 AM »
Has he ever considered a career in singing?  We've all seen Dorkin' 5, so we know he's got opera covered.

Seriously though, we're all glad to hear he's feeling better. Whether he still wants to ride or not, I fully support him.  I'd hate to think he was pressured back into it.

So my question would be, does he feel pressured to ride or to be "the best" again?

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 07:53:15 AM »
CHASE : why isn't flatland as popular as street riding ? any ideas on how to help flatland grow ?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:58:07 AM by jpoliti »

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »
For me chase have pushed the originality,difiiculty of tricks together with martti kuoppa as much as possible.
i want to ask him his 5 favourite riders of all time.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:58:33 AM by sakis »

Offline Bone

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 10:36:16 PM »
I'm glad that chase is back and getting healthier healthier every day looking forward to seeing some tricks in the near futur cause i know over the years ur always pushing the envelope....