Author Topic: Circle of Balance Rider: George Manos from Greece  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Circle of Balance Rider: George Manos from Greece
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:40:01 PM »
Last but not least were introducing George Manos today who is going to be the only pegless rider at the COB?!

When did you start riding and what made you start?
I started riding 12 years ago, and thankfully I get more passionate every year!   Ever since I first saw BMX I fell in love. BMX to me is something special and magical.  

What’s your riding style? My style is simple and direct, as well as being understandable for both the audience and myself. It’s rare in the flatland world, but I ride without pegs. I guess that’s what also makes my style unique.  

Any big influences? Everything and everyone that shows me new possibilities.  

What’s your killer move? No matter how simple you make a trick, it’s easier if you just see it instead of listening to the explanation. Explaining it would ruin the surprise. I like surprises, you see.  

How’s the flatland environment in your country? In general it’s ok.  It needs patience and commitment to do this here (like everywhere else). It could be better I guess but I’m content for the years past, everything fell into place and I’m grateful for this.  

What was the highlight of your career? Red Bull Circle of Balance 2012!  

What is Red Bull Circle of Balance to you? It’s a subconscious dream coming true!!

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Circle of Balance Rider: George Manos from Greece
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 06:17:52 AM »
:) good  to see such, every sport/art whatever in general needs "underdogs".
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE