Author Topic: Circle of Balance MC: Scott OBrien from the USA  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Circle of Balance MC: Scott OBrien from the USA
« on: September 03, 2012, 08:40:01 AM »
Besides the riders and judges there is at least one more very important person at every contest. The MC! We’re happy that Scott is going to MAKE SOME NOISE in Kyoto!

When did you start riding and what made you start? 1984. It was many reasons but most of all I just loved BMX. It fit me well and I stuck with it through the years. Some years I have taken off because of life and things that come up but BMX will always be with me. As an emcee I got started in 2004 Voodoo Jam in New Orleans. From there I emceed many events around the world as well as Red Bull demo’s in the USA.

How would you describe your style? What makes it unique? As an Emcee my style is passion. I emcee the way I do because I ride Flatland and I know the dedication it takes to ride. I want to bring out the best in the riders and the audience. These riders are incredible and people need to understand that. I hope that my style shows that with the passion I have for Flatland.  What makes me unique is I ride Flatland and the riders know that. They feel the passion I have and the audience feels the passion as well. This is what I can bring to an event and make it special.

What/ who inspires you? Life, family, music, friends, New Orleans, BMX, Flatlanders, Travel and my roots of growing up BMX.

How is the environment for flatland in your country? Very simple, we need Circle of Balance in 2014!! USA COB USA COB USA COB!!!

What has been the highlight of your career up to now? When I was asked to Emcee The Circle of Balance 2012 in Japan.

What does the Red Bull Circle of Balance mean to you? It has always meant a lot to me. Circle of Balance presents Flatland in a special way. It’s the Super Bowl of Flatland. The riders are the best and the contest is always top notch. The excitement is incredible and I just can’t wait to be a part of it.

Have you ever been to Japan before? Yes. 2007 Circle of Balance in Tokyo. 2008 Trip with my homie Mickey Gaidos. Tokyo, Yokohama, Komatsu and Kanazawa.

And how was your experience here? It was epic for the 2007 COB. When we came on our BMX vacation the riders were great and showed us around. I really liked Ishikawa and of course I enjoyed Tokyo. Thanks to Hiroshi, Hiro and York.

Offline williamflat

• Backpacker
  • Williamflat
Re: Circle of Balance MC: Scott OBrien from the USA
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 12:01:58 AM »
Can you imagine a contest without him? big hug for you guy ...good luck ... c u
Face your fears and live your dreams

www.facebook.com/williflat