Author Topic: Circle of Balance Judge: Martti Kuoppa from Finland  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Circle of Balance Judge: Martti Kuoppa from Finland
« on: August 15, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »

We continue the Circle of Balance interviews with a judge - Martti Kuoppa! With Martti as a judge it's going to be serious business. Since Bobby Carter's Made in Thailand we all know that Martti doesn't like mistakes!

When did you start riding and what made you start? Since 1991. 101 BMX tricks got me pumped to ride.

What’s your riding style? Very very very original. Also tons of flow and too much style ;)

Any big influences? Action (in all forms) inspires me.

What’s your killer move? Megaspin whopper type links – spin on a rear wheel, hop, make a full bunnyhop tailwhip and land back on the bike or land direct to a decade. Kickflips are pretty much all invented by me – kick the front tire and land on the peg without using your hand on the flipping part.

How’s the flatland environment in your country? The best in the world. I have A LOT of good spots during summer time and also when I was still active my winter spot was also spot on.

What was the highlight of your career?
Winning the X-Games three times in a row.

What is Red Bull Circle of Balance to you? There aren’t many high-standard contests in the BMX world, so I’m glad there’s the Red Bull Circle of Balance. It’s something very good for flatland.