Author Topic: Circle of Balance Rider: Viki Gomez from Spain  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Circle of Balance Rider: Viki Gomez from Spain
« on: August 14, 2012, 04:42:41 PM »
Over the next couple of weeks we'll post short interviews with the Circle of Balance riders and judges. Today we'll start with Viki!

When did you start riding and what made you start?
Since 1997. Since the age of 7 I had an 18-inch BMX. I got a 20-inch when I was 14. Two years later, I saw many freestylers in a famous park in Madrid. Since then I’ve been inspired by freestyle every moment in my life.

What’s your riding style? A combination of flamenco dance and smooth movements make up my style of tricks.

Any big influences? Music, traveling, tournaments, inspirational riders, love, the sun, and of course…my girl.

What’s your killer move? Kickflip to halfpacker

How’s the flatland environment in your country?When I started in 1997 BMX was real popular, but now it’s gone down a little. That’s why I’m able to win at tournaments and represent my country.

What was the highlight of your career? I found my girl thanks to my career. She herself is my highlight. If I never touched a BMX I wouldn’t have met her. It’s like destiny. She always motivates me and supports me with my goals.

What is Red Bull Circle of Balance to you? Red Bull Circle of Balance has a lot of meaning to me. It’s the top tournament for flatland in the world and should be continued for the sake of sports. My dream is the Red Bull Circle of Balance becoming an official world-wide championship.