Author Topic: COB, who got robbed?  (Read 13652 times)

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
COB, who got robbed?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 05:38:18 AM »
Derpa derpa derpa you suck hes better than you derpa derpa derpa shut up derpa derpa derpa you dont know derpa derpa derpa derpa. Im not judging him on my abilities. Im judging him on his competition. I know its hard to understand for the regular Global poster, but even with an average IQ of 35 most people with decent vision can look at his edits and any of the other riders edits and see. Hes got a few fancy switches in the first edit that Effraim stickied for an eon but unless he pulls them all his normal sh*t is Prasheel Gopal on a bad day + spinning steam. Sorry qq get butt hurt.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 06:53:00 AM by Rad255 »

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
Re: Bert Ribul < Every other COB rider.
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 06:05:35 AM »
Oh god sorry while I was just drowning in a sea of tears I thought about more stuff. People act like i just insulted their mother or something. Obviously Bert is a beast but I dont think anyone here understands the gravity of the situation. COB is the absolute best riders in the world right now. THE BEST. That worlds vid was a perfect example. Blazing contest run but watch that and tell me that you believe with all your heart hes one of the best riders in the world. Dont get sh*tty, dont cry, be honest with yourself and tell me hes one of the best riders in the world. The whole f*cking world. Im sure hes cool ass sh*t. This has nothing to do with what kinda guy he is, but everything to do with his riding. And hes not the only sketchy pick but he just came to mind when I watched one of his edits. Cying crying crying.

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 06:06:19 AM »
@Rad255:

The one main reason people ask about your skill level when talking sh*t about some other guy is not only for the purpose of making you analyze yourself instead of others (which is really what you should be doing), but it's also for the purpose of making sure you know what you're even talking about. Most riders who aren't at any decent skill level often times have no clue as to what's good and what isn't. I can point out several things he did in that edit I posted that are equal (or beyond) many other riders, but I doubt you would even be able to comprehend it because you are nowhere even near being able to do any of it.

I can tell by what you're saying that you obviously have no clue.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 06:26:48 AM »
COB is the absolute best riders in the world right now. THE BEST. That worlds vid was a perfect example. Blazing contest run but watch that and tell me that you believe with all your heart hes one of the best riders in the world.
Look Rad... you're usually a cool guy and all, but right now, the more you type on this subject, the worse you're making yourself look. This quote right here is a prime example. Being a contestant in COB does NOT equate to "best in the world" the same as winning the world championship or any other big time comp doesn't mean a rider is the "best in the world", and you're coming across like an elementary schooler making a statement like that. In fact, just by trying to apply the concept of "best" in flatland means you still have a lot to learn about riding besides tricks.
Simple exercise to help you get started: think about every amazing thing you've ever seen in flatland, be it contest runs, video edits, live sessions, whatever. Now think about all the riders who pulled those things. After that, take a look at that COB list again and see if every single one of those riders in your head is in this contest. Oh sh*t, no Sam Foakes! Oh sh*t, no Justin Miller! Oh sh*t, no Matt Wilhelm/Kevin Jones/Chase Gouin/Yoshiki Uchino/Tsutomu Kitayama!! And etc. and so forth.
Hope that helps... and if not, good luck in all your future riding endeavors my friend.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 06:31:30 AM »
Touche! Hes the one of the best, Im wrong. One of the best in the whole world. Better than Ground Tactics winner Akihiko Takahashi, better than Matt Wilhelm. Guy didnt even place at Worlds and that run atleast was pretty jawesome. Come on people tell me more about how I shouldnt judge because I cant.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 06:37:16 AM »
And again... you missed the point. sigh.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 06:39:07 AM »
Leave it to the internet to get butt hurt after asking a simple question. Should have made it simpler. Im under the assumption that COB is the best current riders. But I guess this isnt the case. Lets assume that it was. Who got robbed? Am I the only one asking these questions or is everyone too chicken to just ask a f*cking question? Too scared to look bad infront of the cool kids?  I mean seriously wtf? No one thought someone else should have made it over another. I just took one instance and the internet had a collective heart attack. f*ck.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 06:46:18 AM »
Funny thing though is that you're the only one having a heart attack about something completely meaningless, which, in this case, is who is riding in Circle of Balance. Right now I feel pretty confident that you are maybe the only person thinking about this particular subject this much. And we're all here trying to tell you in various ways that it isn't worth it man... really.

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 06:49:29 AM »
Bert is good as f*ck. I'm genuinely surprised that he's getting called out like this. I personally think he's a solid enough rider to compete anywhere.
Outside of all the quarrel, I'm really looking forward to this contest and the links these guys cook up. It's going to be sick. I hope there is some good video so I can see too :)

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 06:52:05 AM »
Im a nobody asking a simple question. Thats whats so crazy about it. The knee jerk reaction to crush whoever is questioning the statusquo. This was half troll when I started but now Im kinda interested. Changing the name of this thread for discussion purposes. Sorry Bert if you were somehow insulted by what I said.

Who got robbed?

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 06:56:32 AM »
no matter what happens, someone will get the lowest score, in any contest. it's just rude to publicly bring down any rider in this fashion, let alone one who in my opinion, has a pretty tight game right now.

so who did get robbed? who's your man greg?

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 06:58:55 AM »
For what its worth I already put in my two cents. Matt Wilhelm? Akihiko Takahashi?

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
Re: COB, who got robbed?
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 07:01:20 AM »
Also for what its worth Im a completely massive George Manos fan. He might be one of my top favorite riders right now. But should he be there? Idk consistancy plays a role. That might be Aki's problem too actually.

Offline Bomber Moran

• Backpacker
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 07:37:34 AM »

Not to forget that his hair is definitely the most stylish.

+1, he and toon are the new breed in flatland hair innovation.

Offline AB

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »
I think there's a good question/topic in here, not about Bert (he deserves the invite in my opinion), but in the process/reasoning for inviting riders.

Look, we all can rattle off 30 names of riders who should be there. That's not the point. COB is an invite only event. The organizers obviously had tough choices to make, but if you look at the list top to bottom, there's no denying that each rider on the list is unique and will bring something unique to the event. That's why this event will be amazing. So many countries are represented. So many styles. For my money the list is perfect. I mean, seeing Bert and George riding with Simon O and Kerry Gatt. When the hell else could we see this mix of riders all feeding off each other?

For a straight up contest, we have KOG, the Worlds, Voodoo, AMFLT and a lot more. COB is not a straight up contest, it's an event, a showcase. I'd consider it more of a think tank of flatlanders. Each rider is there for a reason and I'm confident that when we all see the edit (unless you're lucky enough to go!) we'll be blown away.