Author Topic: Terry's Wal-Mart Tour with Flatware Waltz giveaway  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Terry's Wal-Mart Tour with Flatware Waltz giveaway
« on: July 24, 2012, 04:25:01 PM »
Terry did a Wal-Mart tour in NJ and even brought a few Flatware Waltz bikes as giveaways. Let's hope the lucky winners will start riding flatland!

A few words from Terry: "We basically hit 4 walmarts in 2 days doing a demo at each stop. At each location I held a twitter contest and the winner was award  my signature complete 'flatware waltz' bike at the end of each demo. It was so rad to bring a flatland show to a unique place like Wal-Mart & actually give back to BMX in a big way by giving away a legit complete bike at each stop."

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Terry's Wal-Mart Tour with Flatware Waltz giveaway
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 09:32:58 PM »
Not sure if you European guys are familiar with Wal-Mart, but the people who go there are not really the athletic type.

Offline Mario Saldana

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 11:11:49 PM »
Demos at Wal-Mart? It doesn't get more American than that haha.
IG: mas_xiii

Offline JoeKickass

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:20:31 AM »
Just wondering how they landed on New Jersey.
"You can ride brakeless with brakes." -- Scott O

Offline letsgo

• Backpacker
    • Ketch Bikes
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 04:56:44 AM »
Wow,  That is really good to get flatland into the mainstream.  I always thought that it would be cool to have a $89 wal-mart bike like a Next or Magna but just had all the right angles of a flatland bike (18.75" TT , /75 head tube/71 seat tube 6-7" step over / 13" cs) and have it come with an instructional DVD.  It could still be made of cheap materials but it doesn't cost more to make it right.  It would probably be cheaper because the frame would have less material i.e no platforms, bends or super oversized down tubes. 

But the image of doing a show at Wal-Mart is a juxtapose.  The cars in the parking lot:  purple Geo Storm with tweety bird seat covers and a crooked ICP sticker on the back window.  Donked out Cutlass with plastic on the window.   over weight hillbilly (sorry rural-american) with a Bart Simpson tattoo on his calf and Celtic Frost t-shirt, the sleeves cut off.  It's almost as cool as Aldi.