Author Topic: my khe militant bb issue  (Read 3669 times)

Offline chukwuma

my khe militant bb issue
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:35:25 PM »
well im puttn my bike together finally. i have a khe militant am i bought from flatlandfuel a few years ago. the bike came with one piece crank that broke a while back. i put up a post and somebody responded back and said i should 19mm mid bb. so i ordered S&M mid bb and its too small. do i need a 22mm bb because i got 3pcs cranks coming soon.

Offline whitty

• Hitchhiker
Re: my khe militant bb issue
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:58:13 PM »
The problem you've got is that your frame doesn't have a Mid BB at all, it's got an American BB. They're much larger, necessary for getting one piece cranks through properly. 19 vs 22mm won't make a difference, and more to the point, if you've got 3 piece cranks coming soon, you're already locked into one or the other since they will come with a spindle either 19mm or 22mm in diameter.

What you want is this guy: http://flatlandfuel.com/odyssey19mmusamidbottombracketwconespacers.aspx

If it makes you feel better, I've been running that BB on my militant FF for a good 3 years and it's still just as fine as ever.

Offline jawn

• Funky Chicken
    • BMX is rad
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 04:36:50 AM »
The Mid BB has an ID of 1 5/8". The OD of US BB bearings differed from this wildly depending on the spindle size

Chances are he had an unsealed BB too with AC cups instead of cartridge bearing cups

Offline chukwuma

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 08:06:35 PM »
Well i seen those american to euro conversion kits on ebay. Do u think it could be reliable? If somebody out there used one of these before will it fit a 22mm bb?

Offline Flatlandfuel

• Company
    • flatlandfuel
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 04:46:36 PM »
Dont use a USA to euro converter. Also, Mid BB bearings will NOT fit the unsealed USA cups that are currently in your frame. You simply need a sealed USA BB for whatever size spindle your new cranks will have. As someone mentioned previously, we have the Odyssey USA/Mid BB in stock in 19mm. If you need a 22mm let me know and I will get one for you. Dont hesitate to email me with any questions.