Author Topic: Lou Platania: Bikes and Stormtroopers  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Lou Platania: Bikes and Stormtroopers
« on: July 05, 2012, 12:08:25 AM »
See beyond your own nose! We decided to explore a little bit what flatlanders are doing besides riding and start this new series with Lou Platania from Brooklyn, NY. You could also say that we start in a pretty geeky way because Lou's big passion besides flatland is Star Wars and dressing up in authentic Star Wars outfits.
But there is quite a bit more to it than sheer geekiness, Lou and his friends are going to kid's hospitals and do different kinds of charity events. We respect that a lot and asked Lou a few questions about his flatland and Star Wars career:
Lou Platania - Bikes and Stormtroopers

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
Re: Lou Platania: Bikes and Stormtroopers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:46:47 AM »
I really like this ! ! ! Good idea, I like to know other stuff, other than just flat about other riders
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline malibu

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 02:39:40 AM »
interview me next got lots to talk about :) lol

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 08:03:05 AM »
The interviews will be like a rubber ball bouncing around the globe, featuring a different continent each month. Lou was the inspiration for the idea. We are looking at riders who do charity work, events, community work etc or have done alot for flat or BMX in general. It doesn't have to be bike related, just riders that stand out.  B)

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 02:13:20 PM »
The interviews will be like a rubber ball bouncing around the globe, featuring a different continent each month. Lou was the inspiration for the idea. We are looking at riders who do charity work, events, community work etc or have done alot for flat or BMX in general. It doesn't have to be bike related, just riders that stand out.  B)

I was talking to some here about charity work they were really into it and asking me about the work I do at the Salvation Army. I will dig through my post to see if I can find them...

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 05:10:54 PM »
Nice interview from one heck of a nice guy!  Lou, awesome to see you contribute do much to the world, and have fun doing it!   We need more of these interviews!
"A puppet no more!"

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 06:53:12 PM »
great to see riders step up for good causes.   :beer:  for Lou!

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 12:02:12 AM »

I was talking to some here about charity work they were really into it and asking me about the work I do at the Salvation Army. I will dig through my post to see if I can find them...

Sorry wasnt on this forum but on a Android phone forum

LOU4130

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 09:35:42 PM »
Thanks guys! :)