Author Topic: feedback on the khe militant frame please...  (Read 4952 times)

Offline thomas

• Hitchhiker
feedback on the khe militant frame please...
« on: July 27, 2007, 05:04:36 AM »
I am interested in this frame, has anyone rode this before, how does it ride, any recurring cracks, bends or breaks throughout the community that anyone has heard of?

even the positive feedback is great.

I appreciate it very much, any feedback is good feedback

thomas

Offline Matt Hulgan

• Backpacker
Re: feedback on the khe militant frame please...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 03:40:09 PM »
Geometry-wise I'm really happy with this frame. 

I haven't had it long enough talk about durability though. 

LOU4130

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »
I dont own one, but so far ive heard nothing about any issues concerning strength. Im thinkin if it holds up well for Justin, its gotta be pretty durable.

heeeey i remember you from pedal, did you have beaker from the muppets as your avatar?...
i remember the oddest things.....

Offline thomas

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 07:09:39 AM »
yah i did, hehehehehe ineed to put him back on

Offline djalias

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 08:19:10 AM »
I'm lovin mine so far.  I'm kinda hesitant to post this but friend of mine has already snapped his almost in half though so I'll be interested to see if anyone else has issues with them. 

Max S

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 08:56:23 AM »
I have been riding mine for several months and am very happy with it. The junctions seem to be made really well and the handling is great. I am not sure how someone nearly broke their's in half riding flatland. I'm guessing that there is probably more to that story.  Overall the bike has a really balanced feel to it. Although the HT angle is (.2) degrees steeper than my simple the bike actually seems to steer a little slower, but that also translates into more control. I would buy it and if you are not happy with it you should have no problem selling it.

Offline slimp

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 01:14:09 PM »
I'm lovin mine so far.  I'm kinda hesitant to post this but friend of mine has already snapped his almost in half though so I'll be interested to see if anyone else has issues with them. 

hey spence
i saw this thread and thought hmmmm, should i post something about ryan's frame? its true, ryan, a fellow tucson flatlander, broke his militant riding flatland on it.  ryan has been doing shows for 2hip all summer and riding hard practically everyday. he does some crazy tricks like turbined deathtrucks and hitchhiker kickflips, which i'm sure takes it toll on a frame, although he rode a quamen g4 for years without a problem.  i havent had a chance to talk to him since he has been back from the tour, but i (or djalias) will try to relay any more details on this when i get them.   

Offline djalias

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 06:35:28 PM »
Yup that's it.  You and I know Ry and he is a fairly big dude and definitely uses his ride to the fullest but from everything he's told me, the frame broke from riding flat.

Like I said...I love my militant but the question was asked about strength so I answered with what I knew.

wjhbmx27

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 04:30:41 AM »
 My top tube bent near the seat post. I estimated about 14 hours of actual riding in the 10 days I had it. I assume it bent from doing firehydrants and pinky squeaks, where I caught the frame with my foot as it came around, because that's the only time anything touched the frame. I never threw it or dropped it hard, just normal beginner flatland tricks. I'd hate to see what would have happened if I knew how to do decades....I sent it back to flatlandfuel and will wait to see what happens. Until then, I'll just ride my WTP pony which is a couple pounds heavier but feels like ten. I've had it for a year and half with no problems at all.

TJ Perry

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 04:43:23 AM »
Man with how incredibly rough Justin is with his bike, I can't imagine that's anything more than a production fault.

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 05:55:07 AM »
Ryan is a jerk! And he let wilkerson ride street on it. I hope ron can find someone better next year.

Offline djalias

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 07:36:45 AM »
Can I ask where you saw or heard of Ron riding street on it?  Would be cool if you'd keep any further s**t talking about Ry out of it since he's a good friend of mine for the past 20 years or so.  Just curious how you know this because that's not what he told me.

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 08:16:11 AM »
Well then me and 2 other people are liars-or he cant keep his stories straight.

wjhbmx27

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 04:54:27 PM »
Update- KHE warrantied the militant and I opted for store credit at FF. I didn't deal directly with KHE (Pat did) but the whole process went smoothly. Excellent customer service from Flatland Fuel and KHE!

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 02:58:48 PM »
Anyone who has one - did you have trouble adjusting to the backend of the bike? Seems to give me fits for some reason. Thx.
You look like Marty McFly!