Author Topic: Want to Move to Austin TX by the OG and ride?  (Read 11549 times)

Offline Adam DiClaudio/Austin Flat Crew

• Hitchhiker
  • setup, switch, setup, switch, 3.14, 3.14...
Want to Move to Austin TX by the OG and ride?
« on: June 14, 2012, 03:21:51 PM »
 I’m looking for a roommate to move in with me by the New Year, January 1st 2013. I currently live in North Austin but am switching jobs and moving in the same area in South Austin to live and work closer to the OG (Oltorf Garage) to ride more. The plan is to get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment, that each of us could pay lower rent at least under $400 USD each. (+utilities+internet)
I’m hoping to get a another serious and truly dedicated flat rider who wants to live in Austin, wants to train and practice with myself and the crew, and is able to hold a steady job, pay bills on time, keep clean, and be a respectful stable roommate. Also, we will be doing shows and making some extra cash. It’s motivational to live with someone who is pushing themselves to progress too.
I already have a full size sectional leather couch, coffee table, all the kitchen ware, workout equipment including a Bowflex, free weights, stretch mats, Bosu ball, exc.  Tvs/dvd/vhs players, stereo system.  I have pretty much everything except for a bed for someone else.  I have an air mattress if you’re not able to bring your own bed with you. I don’t care for cable tv, but I do have the internet that I pay just under $60 USD for a month, so I’d like to split that into two. Also… (420 ok inside only, cigarettes outside, alcohol ok too) I don’t smoke but I am the occasional drinker.  I will be working Mon. through Fri. 7 to 3.
So, if you’re interested in moving here to Austin, you will need to have/get a job, and some personal references, and I’d like to talk and get to know you first. You will also need to be a legal us resident.  Bring your bike and be ready to ride. Serious inquiries only please.
Message me back or reply here, or email me at flatlandrider@msn.com
Thanks!
Adam D Yall!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Want to Move to Austin TX by the OG and ride?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 01:42:50 AM »
fffffffffffffffffffffffffff i really wish i could relocate.

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 05:55:38 AM »
i really wish my most evil ex didn't live in austin

Offline Mr.Archon

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 06:55:08 AM »
kinda would be a cool thing to do.tbh fresh start.

Offline JoeKickass

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 02:47:50 PM »
Man, I really wish I could take you up on your offer. People love living with me. I'm like a flatland encyclopedia and avid rider (even at 47 -- shut up!) - in addition, a ridiculous culinary genius. And when I'm not riding at nights with you, I'm usually out late as I'm quite a busy dancer as well. I also have family in TX who is involved in a, currently controversial, but soon to be not -- horticulture endeavor that keeps me and all my pals awash in organic, uncut, 100% pure reefer. I'm also a computer whiz and very good with audio/video tech work. So if, we wanted to install a home theater movie network with digital movies from across the intertronz, I could probably hook that up with a modest investment of labor, which I would do for you at a discounted rate of course. In conclusion, how much would you pay me to move in with you?
Seriously,
JKA
"You can ride brakeless with brakes." -- Scott O

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 03:40:51 PM »
Man, I really wish I could take you up on your offer. People love living with me. I'm like a flatland encyclopedia and avid rider (even at 47 -- shut up!) - in addition, a ridiculous culinary genius. And when I'm not riding at nights with you, I'm usually out late as I'm quite a busy dancer as well. I also have family in TX who is involved in a, currently controversial, but soon to be not -- horticulture endeavor that keeps me and all my pals awash in organic, uncut, 100% pure reefer. I'm also a computer whiz and very good with audio/video tech work. So if, we wanted to install a home theater movie network with digital movies from across the intertronz, I could probably hook that up with a modest investment of labor, which I would do for you at a discounted rate of course. In conclusion, how much would you pay me to move in with you?
Seriously,
JKA

Well, sounds nice, but I would never pay anyone to live with me. Did the people that loved to live with you pay you? I love to cook, and in my own mind/opinion I think I'm a damn good chef too. I'm like Genesis, I can't dance, except at bicycle boogie time. I have family in Texas too who oddly enough I haven't seen in the eight years I've been here. They don't grow weed, and I don't smoke it, makes me paranoid. I have quite a few friends here that are computer whiz kids since I've worked in the printing industry for six years. I actually typed up the first post in this thread with a pirated version of the Microsoft suite! I hate tv, and my stereo is hooked up to my receiver, dvd player and television, and ipod dock so I'm good on A/V. I guess it comes down to, will you go ride with me, train with me, and pay the rent? (I know you were kidding)
Adam D Yall!

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 03:43:24 PM »

Please don't tell me this is what would stop you from moving to Austin? It's a pretty big city, you probably would never see her. Although, I don't know your situation.
Adam D Yall!

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »

Why can't you?
Adam D Yall!

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 05:17:35 PM »

Yeah, me too. And not just one girl; all my exes live in Texas.

Offline JoeKickass

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »
Seriously,
JKA

Well, sounds nice, but I would never pay anyone to live with me. Did the people that loved to live with you pay you? I love to cook, and in my own mind/opinion I think I'm a damn good chef too. I'm like Genesis, I can't dance, except at bicycle boogie time. I have family in Texas too who oddly enough I haven't seen in the eight years I've been here. They don't grow weed, and I don't smoke it, makes me paranoid. I have quite a few friends here that are computer whiz kids since I've worked in the printing industry for six years. I actually typed up the first post in this thread with a pirated version of the Microsoft suite! I hate tv, and my stereo is hooked up to my receiver, dvd player and television, and ipod dock so I'm good on A/V. I guess it comes down to, will you go ride with me, train with me, and pay the rent? (I know you were kidding)
lol.
Sigh. We're terrific.
"You can ride brakeless with brakes." -- Scott O

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 07:41:44 PM »

Do you need me to poop on her doorstep for ya?  Since I have Adams grill, I could BBQ it first...
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Sequencebmx

• Forkglider
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 08:19:26 PM »
Come on Jody, you will probably never see that woman!

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »
Come on Jody, you will probably never see that woman!

how little y'all understand anxiety and pure evil.  after visiting i decided i like athens a little better, plus it hella cheaper here and i'm used to going to all the hippest shows fer free.  i plan on visiting again as soon as my neck problems hopefully go the damn away

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 11:02:03 PM »
I wish I could do this!
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 01:21:48 PM »

Why can't you?

To make a long story short, I wouldn't know where to start with looking for a job down there. I don't know anyone in the city in terms of a business relationship and it would be very difficult to network without some kind of base with which to draw from.