Author Topic: Post vids of you riding (I'll start)  (Read 211764 times)

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Post vids of you riding (I'll start)
« Reply #645 on: February 02, 2010, 09:12:04 PM »
hav, ride in, dont step in.  Start out with a reg queaker to get a feel for that balance pt...
i can do regular squeakers, but i feel like i need to push the bike over to maintain my balance.
how do YOU ride in? firehydrant?  if i can't get more than 2 squeaks should be over worried about the ride in?
thanks for the comment btw -_-
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline Moya-1

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #646 on: February 02, 2010, 09:54:40 PM »
sorry i dont know the name of the song, i did the edit in a friend house with his music,  i will ask him

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #647 on: February 02, 2010, 10:05:51 PM »
i can do regular squeakers, but i feel like i need to push the bike over to maintain my balance.
how do YOU ride in? firehydrant?  if i can't get more than 2 squeaks should be over worried about the ride in?

You may feel like you need to push the bike over, but that's working against you. Fight that urge and try to keep it vertical and you'll have more luck doing them.

I get into them from a firehydrant. Check out my 2.5 video just a few up- maybe it'll help you a bit. The less you brake and squeak, the easier they are. I find when I panic and grab the brake it screws it up every time.
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

monkeyflat

« Reply #648 on: February 02, 2010, 10:31:14 PM »
wow froghammer/dave youre progressing well man keep it up

small rant : still want to see you trying those messiahs man

but other then that...keep it up man youre doing well ...keep posting the progressing vids

peace

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #649 on: February 02, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »

but other then that...keep it up man youre doing well ...keep posting the progressing vids

peace

Thanks, Maz. I've been fooling with the messiahs. Had my best crash with one of those and am SO mad the camera wasn't running. It was hilarious- I bailed, the bars got caught up in my feet and I went flipping into one of those white columns.  ^_^
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

Offline dethtrk17

• Deathtrucker
    • MYSPACE
« Reply #650 on: February 02, 2010, 11:13:09 PM »
hey, i can't help you out with advice since i'm still quite the beginner, but your vids (i just watched RP 2.5) are pretty inspiring for someone at my level. They're giving me some goals to shoot for in 2010.

Strong riding!

x1

I saw alot of stuff in your riding that kinda helps me. thanks man

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #651 on: February 03, 2010, 02:52:18 AM »
hey cool man im about where you are aside from the hang 5's, and i just have a little more developement in the steam variation section along with spinning  ;D hopefully i can get used to that brake i just put on so i can throw some firehydrants in there. maybe i'll make a video too. how long you been riding?

I last rode about 10 years ago but I sure wasn't doing hang fives or anything rolling like that. I was a pretty mediocre rider for the most part (steamrollers, funky chickens, decades, boomerangs...hell, I couldn't even peg wheelie!). So for all intents and purposes, I started out again in November, when I got my new bike. Had to relearn everything- especially because I don't run a back brake now. That was a bit of a shock to get used to. Haha.

And don't worry about using your brakes in a fire hydrant- at least not on the initial turn. I'll occasionally use it when I'm bringing the frame around to a side squeaker, but only if I really have to.

thats cool i've been riding since about july so i would say were progressing at about the same rate  ;D since i got a couple other thigns down
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #652 on: February 03, 2010, 02:56:55 AM »
my first vid since i got my LTF.
these side squeaks are kicking my ass.   this @ 5 weeks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x92usaFbl0[/youtube]

5 weeks? How much are you practicing for each time you try them?

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #653 on: February 03, 2010, 03:17:18 AM »
hav, ride in, dont step in.  Start out with a reg queaker to get a feel for that balance pt...

If you do it out of a firehydrant, it's easier to keep it going since you have that backward rolling momentum.  Do a firehydrant and once the frame comes around, immediatly grab the seat and start kicking.  It's also an advantage by putting your thumb on your brake hand on the bars and keep your arms stiff (don't grab the grip with your thumb, put it where your lever attaches to your bars).  It helps keeping your bars from "folding".  It looks as if your treating it as a squeeker.  This is wayy different from a squeeker. 

monkeyflat

« Reply #654 on: February 03, 2010, 03:50:29 AM »

peace

Thanks, Maz. I've been fooling with the messiahs. Had my best crash with one of those and am SO mad the camera wasn't running. It was hilarious- I bailed, the bars got caught up in my feet and I went flipping into one of those white columns.  ^_^

haha

yea be careful with the messiahs man...dont lean too far forward when youre starting...

you can always lean a bit less forward and just have the rear wheel fall back to the ground and start again but once you are flipping over its going to be too late to do anything about it..

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #655 on: February 03, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »
My 1 month backwheel riding progress:
Backwheel - Progreso de 1 mes

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #656 on: February 03, 2010, 02:36:14 PM »
my first vid since i got my LTF.
these side squeaks are kicking my ass.   this @ 5 weeks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x92usaFbl0[/youtube]

5 weeks? How much are you practicing for each time you try them?

i ride 2 times a day, some times 3, for an hour at a time. i practice this for around 20 min's
each session in the garage, when i'm lucky enough to ride outside, i practice longer rolling tricks. i've only been on the LTF about 2 weeks. any tips is always appreciated.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #657 on: February 03, 2010, 07:30:33 PM »
Well, the LTF is going to make things harder to learn these and other under the frame tricks on because it has zero room near the tire, but if that's what you want to ride then go for it.

VFi - Side Squeaks Small | Large

Watch how he kind of pulls the frame towards him and notice how when he's squeaking he kind of lets that inwards movement of the whole bike take effect. You're trying to do them in a straight line and it's goofing you up after a few tries because you don't want to let the bike lean. You're also stepping out of the trick wayyyyyy too early without giving it a good go. You have to commit to holding onto it for a long time and considering I never really saw you get squeakers dialed, you might be be at the right stage to learn these.

edit:
Ground Rules DVD- HOW TO Side Squeak.avi Small | Large

The thing you aren't doing is centering your body as well. I didn't mention it before because I didn't have a good reference to go on but Matt describes it really well.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:32:16 PM by 2flat2furious »

« Reply #658 on: February 03, 2010, 07:56:14 PM »
Try not to be so "squeak brake squeak brake squeak brake"

It's a hard mode to break out of, I know!!

And yeah, hang on, don't bail too soon. Unless you are about to hit your wife's car!
good luck dude.

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #659 on: February 03, 2010, 10:45:21 PM »
thanks guys.
but if that's what you want to ride then go for it.
i won it from FF and my Palmero has a slight bend in the top tubes.
it's longer tt and cs seemed like a good direction, so i'm riding it.
i hate the down tube clearance, like you hate Quamen drop outs; but i'm
doing what i can. please don't be mean about it.