Author Topic: Post vids of you riding (I'll start)  (Read 212990 times)

Offline sneakflat

• Backpacker
Re: Post vids of you riding (I'll start)
« Reply #630 on: January 27, 2010, 12:44:59 AM »
wow those are very nice ondo, maybe a bit out of my skill lvl but ima try some tmrw anyway.
I say to them its flatland and their like ?!?! :huh: im like  :rolleyes:

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #632 on: January 31, 2010, 06:41:38 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_JnLedBg8Q[/youtube]

Offline Yo Ima Robot

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #633 on: January 31, 2010, 07:10:19 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_JnLedBg8Q[/youtube]

Haha, God damn dude, did sh*t on a street bike I couldn't even do on a flat bike. Props  :beer: :beer:
Take it apart, clean it, regrease it, and put it back together. If that doesn't work, nuke it! ;D

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #634 on: February 01, 2010, 08:07:22 PM »
Well, here's another progression video. More easy, boring and bailed tricks for you guys to watch.

I think this is my third session of learning hang fives and it's going really well. I still have lots of trouble getting to the balance point consistently, but it's getting better and better. Got my boomerangs back. There's a great whiplash bail as well.

Okay, so here's my main question. I'm really struggling with flipping over fire hydrants into cross-handed steam rollers. A lot of time I can't turn it around at all, but when I do, it usually stalls. I can't seem to keep the momentum going. Any tips on that after watching my crappy attempts at it?

Riding Progression 2
from David Cyr on Vimeo
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #635 on: February 01, 2010, 08:21:32 PM »
Well, here's another progression video. More easy, boring and bailed tricks for you guys to watch.

I think this is my third session of learning hang fives and it's going really well. I still have lots of trouble getting to the balance point consistently, but it's getting better and better. Got my boomerangs back. There's a great whiplash bail as well.

Okay, so here's my main question. I'm really struggling with flipping over fire hydrants into cross-handed steam rollers. A lot of time I can't turn it around at all, but when I do, it usually stalls. I can't seem to keep the momentum going. Any tips on that after watching my crappy attempts at it?

Riding Progression 2 from David Cyr on Vimeo

Can you do xhand steam?
In My oppinion it's important to know how to pump them properly too ...
You are almost there, i can see that you're only having problems with the xhand steam, the fire hydrant thing is OK...
Oh, and why don't you try turning hang5 to the right? It's easier if you do them with your left foot.
Nice video btw!

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #636 on: February 01, 2010, 09:07:56 PM »
I'm getting better at the crosshanded steam but it's something that I'm working pretty hard on. Still not all that great at finding the balance point yet. It tends to get super tight and spinning too fast for me and I have to bail.

I've actually been trying to get the hang five to go to the right lately. Most of the time I'm happy to let it drift to the left because my main problem right now is getting into them and keeping 'em going.

Here's the 2.5 version of my video from a couple of nights later. I managed one really great hang five as well as pulled off a fire hydrant to funky chicken. On the funky chicken, you can really tell how the floor is slanted in my practice spot from right to left. When I'm going around it's downhill, uphill, downhill. uphill. Haha. It's not a really dramatic slant, but enough to make you have to adjust.

I'm not sure what that peg wheelie is called where you switch hands and grab the front peg, but that was the first time I'd tried it in a few sessions and I managed to spin one full circle before I lost my balance. Personal best on that one.

Riding Progression 2.5
from David Cyr on Vimeo
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:34:31 PM by froghammer »

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #637 on: February 01, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »
hey, i can't help you out with advice since i'm still quite the beginner, but your vids (i just watched RP 2.5) are pretty inspiring for someone at my level. They're giving me some goals to shoot for in 2010.

Strong riding!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:38:03 PM by ortho »

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #638 on: February 01, 2010, 09:37:06 PM »
Thanks, ortho. This stuff is hard and unless you're one of those lucky buggers with immense natural ability there's no easy way to get to being a good rider other than constant bailing and repetition. Lather, rinse, repeat.  ^_^

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #639 on: February 02, 2010, 07:03:09 AM »
hey cool man im about where you are aside from the hang 5's, and i just have a little more developement in the steam variation section along with spinning  ;D hopefully i can get used to that brake i just put on so i can throw some firehydrants in there. maybe i'll make a video too. how long you been riding?
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

Offline Moya-1

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #640 on: February 02, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »
this its me
Alberto Moya Promo Small | Large

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #641 on: February 02, 2010, 04:41:02 PM »
this its me
Alberto Moya Promo

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!! MOYA!! MOYA!! MOYA!!

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #642 on: February 02, 2010, 05:06:28 PM »
hey cool man im about where you are aside from the hang 5's, and i just have a little more developement in the steam variation section along with spinning  ;D hopefully i can get used to that brake i just put on so i can throw some firehydrants in there. maybe i'll make a video too. how long you been riding?

I last rode about 10 years ago but I sure wasn't doing hang fives or anything rolling like that. I was a pretty mediocre rider for the most part (steamrollers, funky chickens, decades, boomerangs...hell, I couldn't even peg wheelie!). So for all intents and purposes, I started out again in November, when I got my new bike. Had to relearn everything- especially because I don't run a back brake now. That was a bit of a shock to get used to. Haha.

And don't worry about using your brakes in a fire hydrant- at least not on the initial turn. I'll occasionally use it when I'm bringing the frame around to a side squeaker, but only if I really have to.

Offline hol23

• Backpacker
« Reply #643 on: February 02, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »
really nice video moya, name of the song+artist plz !

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #644 on: February 02, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »
my first vid since i got my LTF.
these side squeaks are kicking my ass.   this @ 5 weeks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x92usaFbl0[/youtube]
The french don't know Rock & Roll.