Author Topic: Post vids of you riding (I'll start)  (Read 211770 times)

TJ Perry

Re: Post vids of you riding (I'll start)
« Reply #615 on: January 14, 2010, 07:25:21 PM »
had this posted up earlier but decide post it back in here. the other day me and some friend were checking out pawn shops and ran in to a mismarked  mino hd for 25 bones . so with this footage i was  just testing it out  and trying to figure out how to get movies in hd up on youtube from I-movie.[not quite hd yet] anyway from the look of thing it look like i have to work on my technique bending my knees some more.  :beer:                                                                                       flatland clips 4.dv

Yeah, bend your knees more and stop scuffing with the side of your foot. Try to hit the ball of your foot when doing spinning tricks.

Offline Jason Rideout

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #616 on: January 14, 2010, 07:51:51 PM »
thanks guys . damn i can barely walk now since i've been work on bending the sh#t out of my knees the last 2 days.  also going to try to get more 2 footed tricks down this year . plus learn stuff with the opposite foot so i can move in to multiple whiplashes.  and yes TJ i need to work on my stupid oafish club foot .  my foots always been crooked . may take a year to learn how to scuff properly , but im going to try.
does where's waldo ride a fixie?

TJ Perry

« Reply #617 on: January 14, 2010, 07:54:39 PM »
thanks guys . damn i can barely walk now since i've been work on bending the sh#t out of my knees the last 2 days.  also going to try to get more 2 footed tricks down this year . plus learn stuff with the opposite foot so i can move in to multiple whiplashes.  and yes TJ i need to work on my stupid oafish club foot .  my foots always been crooked . may take a year to learn how to scuff properly , but im going to try.

I totally understand. I wasn't trying to degrade your technique. Just offering little tips that might help you smoothen things out a bit :)

Offline Jason Rideout

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #618 on: January 14, 2010, 08:02:44 PM »
nice, you'll have pinky squeaks in no time!

I hope so. What I noticed that I was doing wrong was when I came around on my fire hydrant, I was leaned way over to the left with my leg far out. Great if you want to carve it with a lot of speed, but not so great if you don't want the frame coming around to you at warp 9. Haha. When I slowed down and tightened up my fire hydrant, the whip part was much more manageable. Plus, I was more centered over the bike and balanced.
it seem like fire hydrant are less manageable with the newer geo that bikes have now days. when i was mess around with fire hydrants  ,i would spin 3/4 away around the bike than pull it up to spin the rear made it easier. cant do what your trying though , good luck

Offline Jason Rideout

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #619 on: January 14, 2010, 08:08:35 PM »

I totally understand. I wasn't trying to degrade your technique. Just offering little tips that might help you smoothen things out a bit :)
its cool TJ , ive known ive had this problem for a while . it just took watchin this vid to make me try to change. which is why i think its a good idea for anyone to get one of these cameras and analyze their riding. :beer:

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #620 on: January 14, 2010, 08:58:47 PM »
it seem like fire hydrant are less manageable with the newer geo that bikes have now days. when i was mess around with fire hydrants  ,i would spin 3/4 away around the bike than pull it up to spin the rear made it easier. cant do what your trying though , good luck

I think that's exactly it. I'm holding on to a habit from riding 30 pound bikes with offset forks. The new bikes come around much quicker.
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

Offline Who-Leo

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #621 on: January 24, 2010, 05:53:28 PM »
After work session while In Tulsa for business.

"HERE I ARE PEHEHOOW"

Tulsa flat session 2010
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 05:56:12 PM by Who-Leo »
“Impulsive and unfiltered communication usually costs our relationships dearly. Saying what we want, when we want isn’t modern at all—it’s Neanderthal”

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #622 on: January 24, 2010, 05:59:09 PM »
I loved that last trick, Who-Leo. Gonna have to try that one this week.
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

moncho

« Reply #623 on: January 24, 2010, 06:01:50 PM »
Me encanta JuliO!!!

Has progresado muchisimo hermanito.
Not bad for a "poser"... :rolleyes:

:beer: :beer: :beer:
Thanks for sharing.

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #624 on: January 24, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »
Woah...Julio, let me know when your coming back, or are still in tulsa. We'll ride man, pretty trippy town with some awesome spots.

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #625 on: January 25, 2010, 02:46:02 AM »
Who leo, that hang nothin looked good!  :beer:  :beer:
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #626 on: January 25, 2010, 03:00:28 AM »
Lookin' good Julio.  :beer:

I want to come and ride more in San Antonio with you guys.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #627 on: January 26, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »
Ah, it's from autumn. I want to ride, damn it

rolaids Small | Large

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #628 on: January 26, 2010, 05:43:34 PM »
Ah, it's from autumn. I want to ride, damn it

rolaids

Damn, Ondo, you've really got those dialed.
Great job!
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline sunday

« Reply #629 on: January 27, 2010, 12:31:34 AM »
ondo - good riding

sorry guys, I really do not understand English, I write with the help of an interpreter.
I'm looking for videos about 2006, there is a guy on a pink Suelo riding a light street.
please PM me if you know this video