Author Topic: Post vids of you riding (I'll start)  (Read 211766 times)

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Re: Post vids of you riding (I'll start)
« Reply #600 on: January 12, 2010, 07:36:35 AM »
Damn Luke just 2 years and you progressed like that!?! Not that you were bad 2 years ago but wow that's some serious progression!! Mad props!
I really enjoy your videos it's like Poetry in Motion.  ;D

thank you VerticalSmile,  I started riding in Jan 2006 after 18 years away so almost 4 years now.

Dude...what?  Wow.  You really have been putting in the work.  Most of the stuff you do wasn't even around in 88.

I am just now getting to where I can do half of the stuff I did in 88.  Been riding flat again for about 8 months now.  I'm gonna watch your videos from now on before I go ride.  That's inspiration!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 07:40:12 AM by tod.borndead »
"A puppet no more!"

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #601 on: January 12, 2010, 07:41:58 AM »
Froghammer...thanks for sharing that.  Lookin' good.  You don't suck, you have that determination.  Keep at it!

I really need to get a camcorder...and start making these kinds of videos.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline stunna, ville 1

• Backpacker
« Reply #602 on: January 12, 2010, 08:51:19 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_7Efkhte28

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #603 on: January 12, 2010, 01:37:48 PM »
Froghammer...thanks for sharing that.  Lookin' good.  You don't suck, you have that determination.  Keep at it!

I really need to get a camcorder...and start making these kinds of videos.

You're right....get a video camera damn it! lol!

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #604 on: January 12, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
Thanks, Tod. I've been working hard lately, that's for sure. Up until three nights ago, I'd only been out 7 times since I re-started again after a 15 year break.

Last night was my third in the parking garage and I could really notice my balance getting better. I sessioned hang fives for over an hour and made huge progress.
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

joelweevil

« Reply #605 on: January 12, 2010, 05:12:49 PM »
Joel B - Session at Taft

this is from summer 2009. sorry.

jm

« Reply #606 on: January 12, 2010, 05:24:53 PM »
very nice Joel! I need to learn boomerangs. You make them look pimp.

joelweevil

« Reply #607 on: January 12, 2010, 05:32:41 PM »
Thanks. That session, those two in the vid were the only two I tried that session. Besides the obligatory dork wheelie, the boomerang was the first trick i learned. With brakes. ALL the way around. If it ain't rough, it ain't me.

Offline Collin T.

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #608 on: January 12, 2010, 05:57:51 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_7Efkhte28[/youtube]

Offline jerr6

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #609 on: January 12, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »
nice Joel! we def have to get some footage of the flatcave up in heya

Offline Jason Rideout

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #610 on: January 14, 2010, 05:47:52 AM »
had this posted up earlier but decide post it back in here. the other day me and some friend were checking out pawn shops and ran in to a mismarked  mino hd for 25 bones . so with this footage i was  just testing it out  and trying to figure out how to get movies in hd up on youtube from I-movie.[not quite hd yet] anyway from the look of thing it look like i have to work on my technique bending my knees some more.  :beer:                                                                                      
flatland clips 4.dv Small | Large
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:49:50 AM by Jason Rideout »
does where's waldo ride a fixie?

Offline Jason Rideout

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #611 on: January 14, 2010, 05:27:32 PM »
Alrightie, so here's my first vid. It's all pretty basic, complete with lots of bailed out tricks and general suckage. Haha. I was determined to pull that firehydrant to tailwhip thing at the end and wouldn't leave last night until I got it on video. Not much of a trick, but I consider it a personal victory.

Also, I hope you all admire the sketchiest, bowlegged walk-in doublefooted steamroller ever attempted.  ;D

Dave's Riding Progression 01
nice, you'll have pinky squeaks in no time!
does where's waldo ride a fixie?

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #612 on: January 14, 2010, 05:46:49 PM »
nice, you'll have pinky squeaks in no time!

I hope so. What I noticed that I was doing wrong was when I came around on my fire hydrant, I was leaned way over to the left with my leg far out. Great if you want to carve it with a lot of speed, but not so great if you don't want the frame coming around to you at warp 9. Haha. When I slowed down and tightened up my fire hydrant, the whip part was much more manageable. Plus, I was more centered over the bike and balanced.
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #613 on: January 14, 2010, 05:57:06 PM »
had this posted up earlier but decide post it back in here. the other day me and some friend were checking out pawn shops and ran in to a mismarked  mino hd for 25 bones . so with this footage i was  just testing it out  and trying to figure out how to get movies in hd up on youtube from I-movie.[not quite hd yet] anyway from the look of thing it look like i have to work on my technique bending my knees some more.  :beer:                                                                                       flatland clips 4.dv

Awesome video I REALLY enjoyed this!  :beer:

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #614 on: January 14, 2010, 07:14:34 PM »
had this posted up earlier but decide post it back in here. the other day me and some friend were checking out pawn shops and ran in to a mismarked  mino hd for 25 bones . so with this footage i was  just testing it out  and trying to figure out how to get movies in hd up on youtube from I-movie.[not quite hd yet] anyway from the look of thing it look like i have to work on my technique bending my knees some more.  :beer:                                                                                       flatland clips 4.dv

Awesome video I REALLY enjoyed this!  :beer:

Me too! :beer:
"A puppet no more!"