Poll

The winner is?

Vova Isaev
Mateus Beckmann Flatland

Author Topic: ROUND 6: EXPERT class OVER; winner - Mateus Beckmann Flatland  (Read 52766 times)

Offline Mateus Beckmann Flatland

Re: ROUND 6: EXPERT class - Vova Isaev vs Mateus Beckmann Flatland (vote!)
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »

I remember, it was good not to repeat the tricks ...
I tried to repeat the least ....
 :)

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2012, 09:08:29 AM »

also with original tricks by the time 0:22 and 1:05 .....
without repetitions

« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2012, 09:20:05 AM »

In times 0:54 and 1:54 are also unique ....
but are older

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2012, 12:19:53 AM »

this is the hardest battle that i had to vote, in fact i waited some days to have more time to think on the videos and to watch them more times because both riders are super good they both do hard tricks and they have two completely different stiles.(if i have to be completely honest i also waited to see if some other judge would vote first, not to copy them but to have at leasts something to compare because as i said, to take a  decision was super hard for me).

anyway mi final decision is to give my vote to Mateus Beckmann Flatland because he did AMAZING tricks and filled his video with super hard and also original stuff, all the videos he made for this online battles are incredible, he his a really hardcore rider.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2012, 12:45:45 AM »
Couldn't agree more Michele, this battle is really hard. I watched the videos, but that's not enough for me to post my vote. Will think about it and do it today..

« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2012, 04:03:15 AM »
Thanks Michele!!!....     :)

I tried putting new tricks on each video, with creativity as I could ....

Offline kchez

• Backpacker
    • Phenomenon Designs
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2012, 01:54:20 PM »
Wow, both were really great!! Even though I tend to like the "faster" style of riding generally, I'd say Mateus on the strength of originality.

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
 Both riders made very good use of the time limit.  Mateus by jam packing banger after banger.  Vova with his fast riding and great combos with back and front wheel.

Overall difficulty of the runs is similiar, but for very different reasons.  Vova's X-foot no hand times stand out as super difficult in his run, but he has used the trick (and combos) in previous battles.  According to the rules of the online battles tricks shouldn't be repeated unless in different combos.  Although I am not going to dismiss this crazy trick, I am going to weight it slightly less then when he previously used this trick.

The difficulty of Mateus's stuff was extremely high too. Some very difficult switches and jumps, use of both feet, nose wheelies on pedals plus switch foot on rear peg (shown carving both ways) and both jumped to a big switch.  ALL of his no brake decades were shown in various ways, increasing the difficulty and variety.  To much stuff to cover..

I believe Mateus takes the lead in originality.  Doing very difficult jumps and switches in ways I have never seen.  He is also switching up his battle vids by not using the same switches.  So, I'm also giving him an advantage because of this,  this is also part of the rules for judging.

Both of these riders should be really proud of their riding, they are both amazing riders!  Masters for sure.  I really would like to say this is a tie, but I guess I can't do that...

My vote is going to Mateus Beckmann

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2012, 10:50:10 PM »
Vova did some really good spinning combos, they didn't have as hard links as Mateus had, but the fact, that Vova had really long combos and could link the tricks, makes up for some difficulty.. and of course, the x foot no hand time machine was the bomb. Really good flow, both front and rear wheel. Wanted to see more variety in the combos.

Mateus did a lot of small banger tricks, which were really original and new, at least to the point that he did new tricks for his final video, so I see this progression and variety he has. Good difficulty and variety. Wanted to see some of the bangers linked in a combo, that would increase the difficulty more.

By this point I already watched the videos again.. Tough choice, I would like to give a tie too. But seriously my vote goes to Mateus Beckmann Flatland.

« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2012, 11:11:35 PM »

In all the videos I made short sessions in order to put the maximum possible tricks ..... I certainly prefer to do longer combos with these tricks ..... but because of the short time of each video, made ​​short combos ....
Thanks to everyone who voted for me ..... because they recognized my effort to get where I got ....

:D :D :D

Offline Vova Isaev

« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2012, 07:53:47 AM »
Hahahahaahaaaaaaaa))))))) Defeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaat !!!!!!!))))))))))))))))))))

I goof :D :D :D

Thanks to the organizers this Battles! If not for them, I probably would not ride all summer)))))
Mateus well done!) Respect curly-haired hero  O0

Waiting battles next year))

Love everyone kittens hahahaha)

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2012, 11:52:46 PM »
Thanks Vova, great to hear this!

brati6, respekt 3a horo6ije video! ;d

Thanks to the organizers this Battles! If not for them, I probably would not ride all summer)))))
Mateus well done!) Respect curly-haired hero  O0

Waiting battles next year))

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND 6: EXPERT class - rodrigohuck vs Sean Fontenot
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »
Battle for the 3rd:

rodrigohuck vs Sean Fontenot

You have 7 days to post your video!
Run limit is 1min 50sec!

Mateus Beckmann Flatland vs Vova Isaev (3:0)

Offline Sean Paul

• Funky Chicken
Re: ROUND 6: EXPERT class - rodrigohuck vs Sean Fontenot
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
Here's my edit. Literally not a single clip from within the past month. 95% of the clips are from 2-3 months ago.......needed to add some filler in from the previous edit due to being out from riding (health issues, vacation, family etc). Been a crazy long 2 months....alot of new concepts displayed here I meant to hold on until I got them in the manner I wanted, but I guess if I just sit on the clips forever I will never show them :P

PS - i apologize for the editing but its been a while and I needed to vent. The edit (unedited portion) for the comp is from 2:13 - 4:00 - making it less than 1min 50s

Cheers!

"X" Beta 1

Big thanks to Martin S. @ global flat who continues to commit personal time towards the community through this very large forum!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:36:46 PM by Sean Paul »

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND 6: EXPERT class OVER; winner - Mateus Beckmann Flatland
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2012, 11:19:42 PM »
Unfortunately, Rodrigo couldn't film and post his video, so Sean takes the uncontested win and the 3rd place! Props!

Congrats to the winners of the Expert class! Thanks everyone for participating, the Expert level was really awesome and I hope to see you next year at the battles again! Cheers!

Results:

1 - Mateus Beckmann Flatland

2 - Vova Isaev

3 - Sean Fontenot