Poll

The winner is?

Vova Isaev
Mateus Beckmann Flatland

Author Topic: ROUND 6: EXPERT class OVER; winner - Mateus Beckmann Flatland  (Read 52757 times)

Offline Sean Paul

• Funky Chicken
Re: ROUND 6: EXPERT class - Malte Orth vs Justin
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 08:05:51 PM »
lol ......im likely to lose my first battle my video is no bueno.

I want to check out the first round's video's but it appears the original post was edited to show the new contenders. Anyone got the links?

Offline bene

• Hitchhiker
Re: ROUND 6: EXPERT class - Malte Orth vs Justin
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 09:27:45 AM »
I just loooooove Malte's Style!!! your'e the man!  O0

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND 6: EXPERT class - Vova Isaev vs tanhga
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 09:57:42 AM »
Qualification battle:

Vova Isaev
GFB qualification on Vimeo

vs

tanhga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKOdwDTuDuA

Judges post your votes!
Other viewers can vote on the poll!

Malte Orth vs Justin (0:4)

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 07:48:28 PM »
 Wow, good battle with this one.  I think I had better judgement last year when I told ondo that I would pass on judging, ha!  Judging is not always easy.

I find it fascinating that Tanhga is using his left foot(peg foot) for front wheel tricks and right foot(peg foot) for all backwheel tricks..  I don't know that I have ever seen this, it does make his riding stand out as unusual and difficult, and in flatland unusual and difficult is good!

Vova, although a little repetitive is amazing, and he does have two different ride ins to the rest being the same combo.  Also he has that really nice almost 8 rotation time machine with 5 rotations being on his non primary foot on the pedal.

I need to think about this one a while, there is a lot on my paper, lol ..

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 08:44:42 PM »
I think my vote goes to Vova. Like Flattech said some of his combos are repetitive but he's got different ride ins and his tricks are really difficult. The only thing I saw difficult in Tan's run were the stubbleducks and that jump into them while the rest wasn't really up to par with what Vova is doing.

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 01:06:09 AM »
in my opinion tabhga wins this battle he had more variety and originality in his video.
for example the way he close the crackpacker is really cool, also the way he starts it (from the inside)
it's harder to go in riding with the foot at the inside of the circle;
the triple stubbleduck and the way he starts it it's also pretty hard.
also the fact mentioned by flaTTech of using different foot for front and backwheel riding is interesting.

vova did some hard tricks like the pedal time machine and the half whip to close his combos but the first combo is almost identical to the second one except the fact that in the first one the start is much easier than the start of the second combo he could have won if he didn't toched the ground with the front wheel at the end of the second combo making it a single better combo and if he did something different at the start of the video.

If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 02:58:39 AM »
 First of all, I'm glad MICHELE voted for tanhga.   I don't think he should get any sh*t for deciding that.  I also noticed the inside crackpacker and subtle pumping it, and that weird rideout.  I really wanted to vote tanhga, but I just can't bring myself to do it.  If he was doing all those tricks on the same primary peg foot, it wouldn't stand up to what Vova threw down in difficulty.  I would guess the way tan rides with different primary peg foot for rear and front wheel tricks is a quirk in the way he learned them.  I am kinda amazed by it.  If he had done that timemachine on on his right foot and then directly after did a timemachine on his left foot the opposite direction, I vote tan in a heartbeat...

Because I believe difficulty should be weighted slightly more than originality, or in this case just the quirky way tan learned his stuff, I think I got to go with Vova.  Plus, I really can't see a world where vova's riding doesn't make it past the first battle in expert, that is some master sh*t right there!

Huge props to tanhga!  But my vote is for Vova.

Offline DennyFlatlandBMX

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 03:04:19 AM »
Vova 2 : 1 tanhga        two judges left

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 08:38:20 AM »
Checked every combo from each rider - I must say that tanhga has a lot original switches including that he rides on the inside foot. You can't say if it's special or it's just learned that way - it's more difficult. Overall, the really difficult things I saw was the stubleducks, other that that, others were kinda single tricks, but props for the cool crackpacker ride in/out!

Vova showed some really good moves, repeated maybe too much, but the overall difficulty was good. Nice control from inside steam to mccircle and back to regulars with the hitchiker turbines. He put the front wheel down on that combo - the combo ended there for me.

So, great riding from both of you, this was a good battle!

My vote goes to Vova!

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »
  I agree ondo, when vova's wheel touched down, new combo.  It was cool to see him pick it directly back up and go into a great timemachine though.  I'm sure he was trying to get that pegwheelie from the 1/2 whopper in the first combo too..  Hope he gets it next battle!

I know what your saying about the tanhga thing, and I agree to a point.  I would never judge on something that wasn't within the video, but this goes both ways..  What I mean is I can only assume that is the only way tan knows how to ride backwheel and frontwheel because that is the only way shown in the video, so it is his "normal" way of doing it, and for some reason it felt more comfortable to him when he learned it(although that is an assumption).  And yes because it is harder to use a different peg foot for front and back, I still gave him more difficulty because that is what he showed.  But tan would be taking it to a MUCH higher level of difficulty if that was his opposite way, and he proved that in the video.  There is a reason why you see in flat vids all the time a rider do something in one direction and directly after in the opposite.  I can do mc circles perfectly in both direction, and other tricks too, but in a battle vid if I only show one direction that will probably be meaningless to the judges.  Another way at looking at it is with the way skateboarding is judged.  A skater chooses a stance or direction they stand on the board early on in there skating, and if they ride switch they are rewarded for those "switch stance" tricks in contests because it is harder for them and shows variety.

But, I do understand what you mean, and I'm sure we are on the same page.  And believe me I did judge what was in the runs and nothing more or less...

Offline Vova Isaev

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 07:06:28 PM »

hahahahahahahaaaa :)

Offline SERGI8

• Backpacker
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 04:05:37 AM »
my vote goes to vova.

I really liked tanhga`s wheelchair rideout and  he also dropped some nice moves. But the riding from vova showed  more tech and dificulty.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND 6: EXPERT class - Varo Hernandez vs Steffen Peter
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 09:33:06 AM »
Qualification battle:

Varo Hernandez

Varo Hernandez Global Flat Battles Small | Large

vs

Steffen Peter

online videobattle .avi

Judges post your votes!
Other viewers can vote on the poll!

Vova Isaev vs tanhga (4:1)

Offline Mr.Archon

• Backpacker
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 04:39:38 PM »
wow Steffens first combo was Master's worthy

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 04:50:47 PM »
These guys are awesome.

My Vote goes to Steffen Peter.

Steffen's first combo was very difficult...  I did a complete breakdown, but I am sick of typing and don't have time.