Poll

The winner is?

Leon Vignjevic
markphilippines

Author Topic: ROUND 6: INTERMEDIATE class OVER - winner Leon Vignjević !  (Read 40677 times)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: ROUND 6: INTERMEDIATE class - Collin van Assendelft vs manniedamaniac
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 07:23:45 AM »
Here I'll do a breakdown of the battle itself trick by trick so you and Michele can tell me exactly where the difficulty/originality/variety was.

Jose:

Barspin to time machine for maybe three rotations, but it looks more like two and a half.

Steamroller to hiker brought down the same way, tire tap the ground to steamroller, scuff and pivot out.

Hang 5 to three pinkie squeaks to very brief mccircle, pivot out.

Single turbined x up megaspin to time machine.

Leon:

Hang 5 boomerang to switch handed steamroller, turbine once, on handed steamroller holding the tire with his foot under the grip, two turbined scuffed steamroller to mccircle turbine half whiplash out.

Three no scuff turbined megaspins to double footed pump to time machine for three rotations.

Switch footed hang 5 with "free" foot holding the frame in place on the pedal, switch footed mccircle to forwards switch footed whiplash pumped to speed, semi-boomerang hop to regular mccircle turbine out.

What on gods green earth in Jose's run even comes close to what Leon did? What trick that's in that video touches any of the three links that Leon did. If Michele can't answer that, he shouldn't be a judge.

Offline Rennace

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 03:17:23 PM »
Also for future battles can the judges actually explain why one rider's riding is more difficult than the others.  I feel like the judges for the expert class can owe me at least that, from what I understand I got beat on variety but I would like to know what links were more difficult so that the judging seems proper.

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 06:19:54 PM »
You are an asshole to accuse me of judging based on aesthetics as I'm the last peraon on earth who would do that. Leons tricks were miles ahead of joses in all aspects. You are blind to suggest otherwise and if other judges think the same way then the judging right from the start is skewed and misguided. I can go into much greater detail but you should be embarrassed to even think of suggesting I would judge based on that phoney category of "style".

I would like to see a breakdown an explanation of WHY leon didn't get your vote including comparisons of tricks and links. I think you are judging based on the fact you don't like turbines is far more likely than me ever doing that. What a joke.

since you act like if you are a semi-god you can go f*ck yourself and i'm not going to say anything more than what i have already written.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline Mr.Archon

• Backpacker
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »
To Be Honest...being that you two are the Top Master Class riders and Judges, the younger peeps are watching you guys i'd like you guys to put this sh*t aside. Take a step back remember THIS ISNT ABOUT YOU its about the competitors in this class.

Offline vignjo

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 07:30:31 PM »
Leon you are awesome!
How old are you?
thanks
I'm 18 now :)

P.S. for 2flat2furious
thanks man :)
I win, so I don't care for the result of voting... I go to next round so, I'll do my best to show you better and harder tricks ... so, thanks all for voting for me :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:42:37 PM by vignjo »

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 08:59:09 PM »
You are an asshole to accuse me of judging based on aesthetics as I'm the last peraon on earth who would do that. Leons tricks were miles ahead of joses in all aspects. You are blind to suggest otherwise and if other judges think the same way then the judging right from the start is skewed and misguided. I can go into much greater detail but you should be embarrassed to even think of suggesting I would judge based on that phoney category of "style".

I would like to see a breakdown an explanation of WHY leon didn't get your vote including comparisons of tricks and links. I think you are judging based on the fact you don't like turbines is far more likely than me ever doing that. What a joke.

since you act like if you are a semi-god you can go f*ck yourself and i'm not going to say anything more than what i have already written.

I'm not acting like a demi-god. I'm asking you to provide a reasonable explanation for why your judging is completely f*cked but okay if you are totally incapable of doing that then I guess that settles it. Ondo should remove you immediately and select someone who is actually capable of judging people who have worked very hard to produce videos for your battle.

This is about the competitors Archon, which is why I'm saying something about Michele's judgement. He's not fit to judge and I don't think it's fair that a competitor MIGHT be screwed over because of Michele's lack of ability to do his job.

Offline Sean Paul

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2012, 07:31:40 AM »
Minus the drama, I would state that it appears Leon clear contested Jose in *all* Categories, so preference of style is a moot agenda and should not even be a part of the discussion.

There are two possible scenario's : A personal or general preference that forced him to misjudge, or he is unfit to judge.

The third scenario is that he got very drunk and his cat typed all that.  :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 09:37:30 AM »
My vote goes to manniedamaniac. That was an awesome backwheel combo..
Really good riding from both of you. Collin did a nice halfpacker, props on that.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND 6: INTERMEDIATE class - flatlandnico vs markphilippines
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 09:45:31 AM »
Quarterfinal battle:

flatlandnico

Global-Flat Online Battle Qualification Small | Large

vs

markphilippines

Untitled on Vimeo

Collin van Assendelft vs manniedamaniac (0:3)

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »
my vote goes to mark because he did more complex links and did more different tricks.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 04:14:37 PM »
O wow! didnt even no i had my battle! Ive got some nice tricks ive been working on for next round! thanks for all the dope comments guys!

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 05:37:06 PM »
  I just want to make a comment here about judging.  I agree w/ the point TJ is trying to make with his run breakdown post.  EVERY judge NEEDS to be doing this even if they do not type it all out.  I use a piece of paper for EVERY battle in all classes and write down the ENTIRE combos for each run.  This should include ALL the tricks that happened, including every position the rider was in, every switch that happened, every turbine, every full rotation, things that stood out, early cuts in video etc. etc.  some of the things I have included in my description of the run so far are actually smaller then some of the stuff I didn't mention in my post,  I was doing this to make a point that nothing should be dismissed.  The run is EVERYTHING that happened in the time given for the video.  There is a pause button, stop the video and write notes for the entire link.  I also watch every run at least five times, no matter what.  Even if it looks obvious after the first viewing.

From here it is going to take alot of flatland expertise to evaluate the list you made and compare the two runs, including difficulty of all positions, switches, rotations, turbines, tricks and concepts that were repeated, originality etc. etc.  Not always easy and it is subjective...

Yes, the online battles are really for fun, and battle format is never really the best way to determine a placing in a contest.  But I agree with TJ that the judging should be taken very seriously.  Riders do put alot of effort into their video runs...

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »
My vote goes to markphillippines

Although I assure you I did a complete breakdown of the runs on paper, I am not going to write them all down here.

although I liked that flatlandnico had a backwheel trick, I don't think that he had more variety then mark. Variety doesn't just mean front or backwheel.  The fact that mark had a nice crackpacker (doublefooted trick) and the way he stepped into it and out of it shows variety, and difficulty.  He also had some very nice switch foot stuff that ups the variety and difficulty.

Offline paulophilippines

• Hitchhiker
  • no comment
    • http://www.precision-products.info
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 03:33:25 AM »
Philippine riders are on fire!!!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 07:45:07 AM »
Vote goes to Mark because Nico touched the ground at 0:07. I don't even care what he did after that.