Poll

The winner is?

Leon Vignjevic
markphilippines

Author Topic: ROUND 6: INTERMEDIATE class OVER - winner Leon Vignjević !  (Read 40669 times)

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Intermediate rider list:

flatlandnico
Jose Felix Sanabria
Leon Vignjević
markphilippines
Collin van Assendelft
manniedamaniac
SJBMX
Erik @ Austria

Results:
1. Leon Vignjević

2. markphilippines

3. manniedamaniac

Final:
Leon Vignjević vs markphilippines

Battle for 3rd
manniedamaniac vs Erik @ Austria

Semifinal:
Leon Vignjević vs manniedamaniac
markphilippines vs Erik @ Austria

Quarterfinals:
Jose Felix Sanabria vs Leon Vignjević
Collin van Assendelft vs manniedamaniac
flatlandnico vs markphilippines
SJBMX vs Erik @ Austria

Time limit:
quarterfinal: 50sec
semifinal: 1min 20sec
final: 1min 50sec

Judges:

flaTTech
MICHELE
ondo

Final battle:

Leon Vignjević
Leon Vignjevic - global-flat final battle

vs

markphilippines
Mark Juaniza Finale on Vimeo

Results:
 1. Leon Vignjević

2. markphilippines

3. manniedamaniac
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:39:09 PM by ondo »

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
my vote goes to jose felix.

leon has a great flow in riding but jose did more and harder stuff.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
My vote goes to Leon

Jose - I really liked the touches he added to his stuff, barspin into pegwheelie, x-up megaspin with both feet on the pegs, foot in front of the rear tire in his timemachine, half boom rideouts..  Nice and difficult stuff.

Leon - Shows alot of very well executed and difficult tricks.   Nice switch footed skills, he is showing that he is mastering some pumping and turbining skills.  He also threw in some stuff like the tire grab one foot on the bar spinning steam, and the doublefooted megaspin turbine.  Also had some difficult rideouts..

Offline Richi@Bremerhaven

• Cliffhanger
  • 1Champ BMX Mailorder
Leon you are awesome!
How old are you?
1Champ BMX Mailorder

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Really close battle, seriously guys, tough choice.

Jose did more different tricks with few good extra tricks here and there, but overall it looked a bit sketchy. Leon, althought didn't do as much, but with the difficulty I must say it's a tie, but Leon takes it with the flow as I see that the tricks are really dialed and clean.

Vote goes to Leon.

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
My vote goes to manniedemaniac

Mannie get it on variety, he didn't really repeat any trick concepts. His riding stands out with a bit more creativity also.  He had forward and backwards tricks, frontwheel and backwheel, a barflip, the pedaling with hands upside down backwards pegwheelie is cool, and rare.  Only rider I can recall seeing do that is Dane Beardsley.  Also liked details like how he uncrossed the bars into a switch hand bw pegwheelie directly before the rideout.

Collin had a nice halfpacker, hangfive, some switch hand steams a turbine.  I just don't believe it beat out  Mannie..

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Why were the judges not notified of the start of the battles? We kind of need to know.

Vote goes to Mannied. That rear wheel link was really nice, and I was really surprised he took it to backwards peg wheelie at the end because most would have just ridden out. Very nice.

Offline Rennace

• Funky Chicken
dude manny is getting so good, I remeber watching him as a begginer and he was killing it, he has a bright future in flatland.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
I would also like to know why Michele voted against Leon in this battle.

jose felix sanabria.wmv Small | Large
(jose)
Leon Vignjevic for online video battle
(Leon)

This is no contest. Leon absolutely destroyed Jose in here. I do not think Michele is fit to judge anyone if he thinks Jose's links were harder than Leons. This is f*cking absurd.

Offline Rennace

• Funky Chicken
not to throw fuel on the fire but also according to Ondo the battle between Leon and Jose was tied in difficulty.
Shame on you judges!

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
vote goes to mannie the last combo is absolutely bangers.
really nice riding also from collin with his halfpacker.

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
I would also like to know why Michele voted against Leon in this battle.

jose felix sanabria.wmv (jose)
Leon Vignjevic for online video battle (Leon)

This is no contest. Leon absolutely destroyed Jose in here. I do not think Michele is fit to judge anyone if he thinks Jose's links were harder than Leons. This is f*cking absurd.

just because leon rides faster and with flow doesnt mean that his links are harder.
jose did harder tricks, maybe you can not like how he do his tricks because he rides whit less flow but that can be personal preference.
by the way doing turbine steamrollers is not so hard (i don't want to mean that leons did just that don't get me wrong) maybe you can love the aesthetic result and i can't say anything against that but don't confuse beauty with difficulty.
there are tricks in which the turbine can became almost like normal riding and other in which it add's a lot of difficulty (pedal time machine for example) but this is not the case.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: ROUND 6: INTERMEDIATE class - Collin van Assendelft vs manniedamaniac
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 01:08:31 AM »
You are an asshole to accuse me of judging based on aesthetics as I'm the last peraon on earth who would do that. Leons tricks were miles ahead of joses in all aspects. You are blind to suggest otherwise and if other judges think the same way then the judging right from the start is skewed and misguided. I can go into much greater detail but you should be embarrassed to even think of suggesting I would judge based on that phoney category of "style".

I would like to see a breakdown an explanation of WHY leon didn't get your vote including comparisons of tricks and links. I think you are judging based on the fact you don't like turbines is far more likely than me ever doing that. What a joke.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 06:43:10 AM »
Please take this talk to private messages, TJ. Or be more polite, please.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 07:15:17 AM »
Please take this talk to private messages, TJ. Or be more polite, please.

I want an explanation from michele as to why he voted for Jose when it is abundantly clear to anyone who has been riding flatland more than a year or two that Leon won that battle no-contest. He's either not watching the videos at all or he's simply a terrible judge. You put in him charge and you are avoiding responsibility. The adult thing to do would be to ask him to explain himself and why he believes Jose's tricks were more difficult, more original, and had more variety than Leon. If he cannot do that he should excuse himself from being a judge effective immediately because he is unfit for the position.

I am being extremely polite given the circumstances and what Michele is accusing me of; judging based on style, me of all people. The battle was a no brainer, so what happens when it gets to the semi-finals and finals and Michele has no idea what he's talking about? Will you be okay with someone getting screwed? What if it was you?