Author Topic: Tango Specs  (Read 5347 times)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Tango Specs
« on: May 21, 2012, 07:33:30 AM »
Does anyone have a complete rundown of all the specs for the tango? Looking for TT height, BB height, etc etc. Really dislike the angles and measurements on my Jungle rider. It's just not comfortable and I'm getting really tired of fighting it.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Tango Specs
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »
bb height 11.7
tt height same as most frames,i think 11.75 cm.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
Found this..

• Removable brake and Gyro® hardware
  • 41-Thermal® processing throughout
  • Post-weld machining on the head tube and bottom bracket for precision bearing fit
  • 14mm axle slots
  • Chain tensioner-ready dropout shape
  • Rustproof coating prior to finishing
  • Limited lifetime warranty against bending and breaking
Specs:

• 75 degree head tube
  • 71 degree seat tube
  • 19.5” top tube
  • 13.25” chainstay
  • 11.85” bottom bracket
  • Mid bottom bracket shell
  • Integrated headset
  • 3.875 lbs

No mention of standover height. I presume its close to the other Odyssey flat frames?

SFV_BOY

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »
TT HEIGHT? Pretty sure its low enough  ::)

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 05:47:13 PM »
Hi,
here one can get an idea of the TT hight, but I would also like to know exact numbers.
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=52219.0
TJ, wouldn't the head tube angle be to steep for you? I remember you saying you prefer 74 °. I think the TT should be a little highet than the Jungle rider, but for sure lower than a S&M.
If someone buys one, please post pictures. Especially a built-up bike with a zero offset fork would be interesting.

Offline SERGI8

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 06:13:32 PM »
Does anyone have a complete rundown of all the specs for the tango? Looking for TT height, BB height, etc etc. Really dislike the angles and measurements on my Jungle rider. It's just not comfortable and I'm getting really tired of fighting it.

I think that it will take a lot of time to get used to a 75 ht angle... I´m having the same problem coming from a sick child frame.. ( i´m hitting the back wheel against the floor all the time )
BTW, here you have the specs... It would be interesting to try a head angle slacker..

Headset Type: Integrated (Campy)
Gyro Tabs: Removable (Included)
Brake Mounts: Removable
BB Type: Mid
BB Height: 11.8"
Chainstay: 13.125" - 13.875"
Headtube Angle: 75°
Seattube Angle: 72°
Seattube Height: 6.5" (165mm)
Seatpost Size: 25.4mm
Seat Clamp: 1-1/8"
Dropout Size: 14mm
Weight: 3 lbs 13.4 oz

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »
I'm going to be purchasing a HT slacker. TT height I was just curious about because I wanted to know the distance between that and the bottom bracket in order to get an idea for the base of the triangle in the front end (if you stood it on end).  I really really really hate 75 so a 1 degree slacker, which is apparently coming soon from St Martin, will be perfect. I also think that the frame itself is kind of long which I also don't like.

It sucks because the instrumental was basically perfect, but it was weak as sh*t. If Ed would make a new instrumental with the same reinforcements as a lot of other straight frames gussets up front and at the bottom bracket, thicker dropouts, no space for tensioners) then I would buy one right this minute.

byke

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »
Can't mtf make you that?

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 08:50:36 PM »
I've heard terrible things about their quality and have seen their broken frames in person so I'm going to avoid that.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 09:30:40 PM »
I'm going to be purchasing a HT slacker.

Sorry for going off topic, but do these HA slackers really work?

It is quite clear they do as long as you have both wheels on the ground, as will work a bigger front tire or longer fork legs.

But once you lift your rear wheel, the slacker only increases Head Tube height, without changing the Head Angle at all.

What do you all think about this?

byke

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »

It is quite clear they do as long as you have both wheels on the ground, as will work a bigger front tire or longer fork legs.

But once you lift your rear wheel, the slacker only increases Head Tube height, without changing the Head Angle at all.

Stay hungry.

byke

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 09:54:05 PM »
I've heard terrible things about their quality and have seen their broken frames in person so I'm going to avoid that.

I haven't heard anything in regards to frames.
But obviously there are allot more variables when so many tubes have to be aligned in multiple ways compared to say that of a pair of bars.

In regards to the Tango ... Are you sure you can live with such dropouts, considering they may be smaller than that of your SC (irrespective of the heat treating)

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 10:05:02 PM »

Stay hungry.

Idiotic reply.

byke

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »
Nom nom nom .....

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 10:18:36 PM »
Nom nom nom .....

Good.

Now let's see what the person who started the thread thinks.