Author Topic: TEXAS FLATLAND ROUNDUP/TOAST  (Read 18218 times)

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Re: TEXAS FLATLAND ROUNDUP/TOAST
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »
The preliminary sketches of the site have the all the events in a different warehouse...there will be dirt outside.  Flatland will be on Saturday, Dirt and The Gaunlet of Death will be Sunday.  So, if you compete/spectate on Saturday, you will have time to take in the other events(or compete if you dare!) on Sunday...or possibly just jam at the OG on Sunday if you're not into the other events.  I watched Pro dirt and the Gauntlet last year...you have to see these courses to believe them.  Highlight(to me) was watching Mikey Aitken take his first run in a dirt comp after he was in a coma and became paralyzed from a 360 jump gone wrong.  It's was breathtaking and inspiring to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Stay up BMX homeboys!
"A puppet no more!"

Offline JohnYull

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 09:28:35 PM »
I'd heard something about this contest I might have to check it out!

Offline Mr.Archon

• Backpacker
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »
we should make a facebook event  :beer: invent alot of riders through there ,and help the hype

Working on it.  There is already a Facebook page for Toast...but I would like to make one for Toast/Roundup to make sure to get the message out that Roundup is now part of Toast.
yes!! please do! there was so much buzz about this event at voodoo jam. i think it has the potential to be big !

Offline monis

• Backpacker
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 11:34:38 PM »
Just got approved for the days off for this. Now I'm debating on flying vs driving. Oh well I have time to think about it.  I always wanted to go to Austin, I'm pretty psyched on this.

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »
Just got approved for the days off for this. Now I'm debating on flying vs driving. Oh well I have time to think about it.  I always wanted to go to Austin, I'm pretty psyched on this.

tryin to get stotsky to rent a van...um maybe we should be thinking small rv???  ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 06:53:22 AM »
I'd heard something about this contest I might have to check it out!

I don't think you're invited to the contest...but you can come to the John Yull Interventional Jam sponsored by Lonestar, the National Beer of Texas.  It's on Friday at the OG.  You know where that is?
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 12:30:31 AM »
Are you guys looking into the location as far as is the floor going to be ok? Like have Yull and you guys go ride it and make sure its gonna be good. If you need a wood floor or spray stuff all of that can be taken care of if you guys survey the floor to the contest location now.

Just curious. thanks
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline JohnYull

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 12:34:06 AM »
Scott Taj is out of town till the 23rd then I'm all over getting in there and getting the word out to everyone.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 03:44:44 AM »
Are you guys looking into the location as far as is the floor going to be ok? Like have Yull and you guys go ride it and make sure its gonna be good. If you need a wood floor or spray stuff all of that can be taken care of if you guys survey the floor to the contest location now.

Just curious. thanks

Yull is on top of that.   I'll probably tag along and help if needed.  We're just waiting for Taj to get back in town as he said.  Scott, you going to be able to make it down this year?
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Mr.Archon

• Backpacker
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 05:40:13 PM »
Dane Beardsely's confirmed  >:D

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 10:13:25 PM »
Definitely going to this one, and taking at least two people with me. No more solo trips to Austin for this cowboy.

Ideally I'd like to rent an RV and take like 8 people with me.

Offline shred-squad

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 10:48:55 PM »
One of these years I will attend this..

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 03:52:40 PM »
Not missing this one. Just a heads up, numerous hotels are booked already for that weekend.

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 07:44:28 PM »
Im coming with Alex J , Terry , Mickey G , Jowee, Rennace and probably some other NOLA riders. Street riders are coming as well. #nolabmx
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 07:58:41 PM »
Im coming with Alex J , Terry , Mickey G , Jowee, Rennace and probably some other NOLA riders. Street riders are coming as well. #nolabmx

sick!