Author Topic: S&M Intrikat Signature Frame 20.5", 20", 19.5" and 19"  (Read 144415 times)

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
Re: S&M Intrikat Signature Frame 20.5", 20", 19.5" and 19"
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2013, 12:20:43 AM »
I've got an Intrikat and I must mention I've not experienced any issue with either 25/9 or 22/9 with 1x 1/2 link in reg 1/8 chain. #thumbsup
Flat-ism

Offline MaineOnePlus3

• Backpacker
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2013, 12:52:58 AM »
So what sizes worked for you Maine?????

I ran 25/9 with the first build, and after I worked out the self caused issues, I ran 25/9 without any issue.  Now, I'm running 24/9.

Offline MaineOnePlus3

• Backpacker
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2013, 12:56:06 AM »
I sold mine and hope they improve on the dropout issue.  And yes i do regret it. Great frame!!
So close to perfection.

I had some issues the first time I set up the bike, but this time I changed the sprocket size by a tooth and the setup was a breeze! (info in this thread helped) Chains locked in tight, with no issues!

Yeah,i followed the suggestions for 24-9 and yeah it was fine but i really wanted 25-9 and the peg being not fully on dropout fustrated me. A little more adjustment n a tensioner i want for the perfect built. AGAIN,its an Awesome frame and a simple fix.

When I ran 25/9 my pegs were pretty much completely on the dropouts, I'd say only off by 2mm at the most.

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2013, 07:37:03 AM »
Sweet, my 24t profile arrives soon

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »
I apreciate opinions and am very glad these setups work for most riders but i also like tensioners for adjustment.
One Last Ride.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2013, 08:46:12 AM »
Damn,i just noticed those Intrikats w/chain tencioners. Those must be super short custom.
One Last Ride.

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2013, 04:46:09 PM »
Chad, I always though it would be bad for the axles/dropouts if the peg hangs 1/2 off the back, but maybe that's just a thought held over from the days when our paper thin GT drops would bend when our Tioga Roll On pegs bent a non heat treated axle.  A lot has changed since those days.   

I'm not sure if it's something we'd need to still worry about still, but those habits die hard I guess.  I know you haven't run pegs in years but what do you think?   

I'm a bit of an anomaly these days since I'm one of the few that still runs 1.75" diameter pegs and I like to set the back end up at around 13.25-13.5, or as close as I can get it to that.  Since the pegs are so wide, they'll hang off the Intrikat drops pretty much no matter what. Right now on my bike they are nearly halfway off (I run a 30-11 with a half link at the moment - if my math is right that allows for the longest setup on the bike)  So far there hasn't been in any performance issues (I don't ride all that much anymore though) but aesthetically they look better the more flush they are, but more than anything I'd hate to shorten the life of the frame or my axles because of a janky setup, the frame is so nice it would be like putting my foot through a Picasso. 

Anyway, you know how particular us flatlanders are.  :)   

Yeah, things have changed since the flimsy hi-tensile steel drop-out days, for sure. S&M uses chro-moly drop-outs, plus they're thicker than back then. I doubt they will bend...but, I do hear you regarding aesthetics, there should be a balance. Modern frame drop-outs are similar to fork drop-outs, it's not necessary to have the peg completely touching, but halfway hanging off isn't cool either.

I understand and respect how particular flatlanders are, I'm one too, it's almost a required attribute. I enjoy the challenge of progressing a frame to it's full potential plus trying to make it universally fitting for any rider, while staying within budget and offering it for a reasonable price.

I appreciate your experience and feedback, thanks D! Thanks for the kind words regarding the frame also!

And thanks to you, Moeller and McKinney for producing such an amazing bike!  I've said it before, I've been riding since 1988,  I've ridden dozens of bikes from just about every manufacturer, and this is by far and away the nicest and best made flatland frame I've ever seen or ridden.  Just like everyone, I've got my quirks about things, but that doesn't change how great the bike is.  I'd recommend it 100%.   

It's our pleasure and thanks for the recommendation!
instagram.com/intrikatbmx

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2013, 04:53:22 PM »
Some NICE Bikes on this page!

Chad, in respect to your reply to what i said.. Yes i do want a Topsey Signature Frame haha. If i am going to drop $600 to $800 on a Custom I really do want to be able to choose EVERY last single detail, not have it based of another Frame that is someone else's design you know? As i said, I spoke with Ryan & he said that doing a Frame like that (MY Design, not based off an Intrikat) Isn't possible due to the amount of Frames S&M are putting out (Including Fit Frames too!) I really do like the Intrikat, hell i nearly bought one! & if you remember we had a LONG P.M Back n Forth about getting me a Custom done! But i have gained A LOT of knowledge over the past few years & i know EXACTLY what i want & i am not prepared to settle for anything less! (ANAL Flatlander Strikes Again!) No Disrespect meant AT ALL! Just want to do my own thing you know?

Haha, I hear you...yeah, I remember the messages. Glad to hear you're doing your research, knowing what you want is key. No disrespect taken. I'm stoked you're doing your own thing man! Ride on.

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2013, 05:00:07 PM »

Instead of selling it, and hating myself for it, I rebuilt it... similar, but even better than the first time.

BEAUTY! overall it looks real clean and simple, but the attention to detail is awesome. The way you used different colors like brown and gold to accent the frame is rad!

Thanks for sharing.

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2013, 05:05:11 PM »
I sold mine and hope they improve on the dropout issue.  And yes i do regret it. Great frame!!
So close to perfection.

Bummer about the drop-out struggle for you. I tried to look at them in the picture, but wasn't able. From what I could see the build is rad! Blacked-out with some purple accents looks sick! Thanks for posting.

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #220 on: November 28, 2013, 05:07:33 PM »
I've got an Intrikat and I must mention I've not experienced any issue with either 25/9 or 22/9 with 1x 1/2 link in reg 1/8 chain. #thumbsup

Stoked to hear that, thanks for the feedback.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #221 on: November 28, 2013, 05:28:30 PM »
No Problem.
Thanks for soh info too! Most helpful.

Trev
Flat-ism

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2013, 01:09:06 AM »
So close to perfection.

Bummer about the drop-out struggle for you. I tried to look at them in the picture, but wasn't able. From what I could see the build is rad! Blacked-out with some purple accents looks sick! Thanks for posting.

Oh,i aint Done w/S&M Intrikat!!
Im sure some upgrade or solution will come up for those dropouts.
Thanks for response!!
One Last Ride.

Offline flatlandpercy

• Backpacker
« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2013, 02:41:40 PM »

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2013, 03:38:25 PM »